[BUG LOGGED] Always "Continue in Safe Mode" message

New discovery: launch via desktop icon leads to the error message. Lauch via Steam is without the message.

4 Likes

Indeed, I can confirm! Was plagued by this message with no crashes and proper game shutdown. Launching through steam generates no message; Definitely a bug!

1 Like

To get the XBOX App to not run on startup and display the
“Continue in Safe Mode” screen:

In the Win10 Search Box beside the Start icon (bottom left of screen):
Type Startup
Click “Startup Apps”
Scroll down the screen to “XBOX Apps Services”
Click to turn it off

1 Like

I am trying to vote, but it says I am out of votes… I already removed like 10 votes from other topics, still won’t work. What can I do?

This works on my PC.

1 Like

This should be fixed in the upcoming hotfix! They located an invisible crash that happens for some users when they exit the sim, which is prompting the Safe Mode pop up when re-opening the sim even though it didn’t look like you crashed.

4 Likes

So I’m not crazy??? OK whew, I feel a bit better now. Thank you!

I get the Safe mode normal start prompt, I don’t care I start normal and it works fine so… It’s nothing

I took the plunge and reinstalled my PC froms scratch. After installing MSFS, WU and my store content, there is no Safe Mode box when starting up. Mp clue what the cause was and I am curious if and when it might be back.

My question about all this is,if you launch from Steam then it doesnt do it, only if I launch from the desktop. If its a secret invisible crash, then why doesnt it do it when its lauched from steam?

Why is a prompt like this fine when there is no reason for it to display.

There has been no crash.

Then forget about it.

It’s on off for me. Happens sometimes, doesn’t at other times. I continue in normal mode though and everything in community works fine, so does everything from marketplace. It’s more of an annoyance than an actual issue, but it still needs to be fixed. :wink:

Same problem on my PC

Please remove this option from the sim, no one need it! We know that addons in community can cause CTD.

1 Like

Having same problem since SU6. After every successful flight and correctly shutting down and turning off pc even; when ever restarting sim get the same message - safe mode etc…

I’d like an option to suppress this message as well. It’s almost like back to the days of “Press any key to continue” - an interruption in the VERY lengthy startup process.
I often end the sim with Alt-F4 because it’s faster. I thought that was the reason why I get the dialog every time. But it might also be the desktop icon.

1 Like

Is this launching from the desktop shortcut on the steam version?

Your previous statement over the fact you were not getting the prompt when launching through steam library fixed it for me, wondering if reinstall fixes that prompt for launching via the shortcut.

Thanks!

Yes, when launching from the MSFS desktop icon, the message box appears. When starting through the Steam application (Play), the message appears. This also happens after a full reinstall of MSFS, even directly after the install without upgrades or store installs. The only remedy that worked for me was a complete reinstall of Windows.

It’s most likely that a mod or addon has not uninstalled properly. Not saying you have but just moving or deleting stuff out of the Community folder is never likely to work unless the add-on is wholly contained within it and reinstalling MSFS can’t shift these rogue files or fix the registry. However Ccleaner probably can without needing to reinstall your OS.

1 Like