[BUG LOGGED] CTD on loading - 100% reproducable - Account Issue

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft store

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Upon loading the sim, the blue bar goes almost all the way across the screen, then the sim crashes to desktop.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Somehow make the cloud data for your account corrupt - I don’t know how to corrupt it in the first place.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Threadripper 2920x, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090, Windows 10 Pro, 5120x1440 display

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
1.18.xx

I’ve seen someone say “make a family account and login with that, then start the sim”. Fine, I did, and it worked the first time only. The nex time I wanted to fly, it didn’t work. It still crashes to desktop.

I have tried both my main account and a family account on two computers. The same behavior each time.

Someone pointed out “perhaps you should use your xbox to delete the saved data in the cloud”, them assuming I also have an Xbox Series S or X, which I don’t… I’ve been looking for ways to delete my stored user data from the cloud from my PC for at least a month now. I don’t care if I lose out on savegames and progress in other MS Store games, I just want to be able to fly again, not being able to since late July.

I’m getting desperate! Feels like my money is lost, all while I don’t have any clue or sign whether MS or the devs are actually doing anything with the matter to solve this for me and so many others who seem to have the same issue with some, seemingly random, DLL file not playing ball, while the problem might be elsewhere.

1 Like

Wait! Can Xbox users access the cloud data?

I have been looking for a way to even view my cloud saved data on PC (steam) for almost a year!

I don’t know for sure, but that’s what I was told.
I’m not buying an Xbox just to resolve this issue, but I’d like Asobo and Microsoft to follow this lead so we potentially can get an end to the problem.

I’m so tired of speaking to the giant corporation wall and not getting anywhere. They got my money, now where’s my end of the deal?

1 Like

In theory,

If you are logged into the XBOX with the same MS account you use for MSFS then going into data and “delete from everywhere” should clear it out.

Again, only in theory I haven’t tried.

You have the Microsoft store bought version?

Can you also see that data if you visit the website of your Xbox account?

As a Steam user that is a pretty empty place…there is really nothing there.

I have not been able to find anything which can let me delete saved data on my account from a pc, just like you.

I have the MS Store version.

For what it’s worth; I just built a completely new system today. Installed MSFS the first thing I did.
The specs are

Ryzen 9 5950x
64GB RAM
RTX 3090
Windows 10 Pro

Installs fine, downloads everything fine.
Load bar goes almost across the display… and… crash to desktop!

PLEASE, Asobo, Microsoft, someone… Let me delete whatever is saved in the cloud, just in case it actually works.

Hello @OlaHaldorSV ,

I do not know how you can reset your cloud save, but I was wondering what would happen if you launch MSFS without internet and with your local save games (wgs folder) removed. Would it launch, since there is no way it should be able to retrieve cloud saves? If so what if you change some settings and save your game. In theory, if you come that far and restart MSFS with an internet connection, syncing you Xbox game settings should notice a conflict between your cloud and local save, hopefully overwriting your cloud save with the local non corrupt save.

This is just a guess/something to easily try (backup your local saves before trying), until this is hopefully fixed.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Crash to desktop without error message

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crash to desktop without error message

quick note: we have an older topic about, may be you find some intressting hints in it

3 Likes

I forgot I was following this thread. I just gave up, It has to be a steam issue. I called Xbox live support and they said to test the MS store version and they would refund me if it didn’t work. Low and behold it did work even on the steam installation. I will never know what the issue is as I also ran into issues with FS itself, which required me to reset my windows. After reinstalling FS the only issue I personally have is this one which I guess I’m going to have to wait.

@AgentScrubbles Your issue is NOT the same as the one described in this post, please remove the word ‘solved’ ASAP as it is misleading when you have hijacked this post with a different problem unrelated to Account issues.

Mod edit: The corresponding posts were moved.

OP Edit: Thank you :slight_smile:

@ITDreamFly
I tried this on the new PC.

Right after “checking for updates” disappeared, I disabled the ethernet connection.
I got a white info box in the middle of the screen, with red text, saying I had lost connection, and that online features would not work.

After a long while I got into the menu, I could start a flight etc, but you know… the sim doesn’t look good, there’s no traffic, there’s no photogrammetry… The whole reason for an immersive experience is gone, and I can’t download my purchased airports and planes.

I changed a lot of settings, applied and saved them all. Then quit the sim, hoping it would save something on disk and scream ‘there is a conflict!’. But nope… Starting the sim, letting it load, CTD after a while during load.

So I tried disabling the ethernet connection again, but this time I got in kind of a loop; the white box with red text pops up, I am eventually let in to the main menu, but then I’m told ther’s an issue with my license because I’m disconnected. I click the OK button and I’m thrown back to the loading screen, the blue bar keeps loading and loading and… back to the menu, “license issue!”, back to the loading…

Asobo and Microsoft; please let me in to the holy vault of corrupted cloud data so I can delete it all (but don’t delete the records of my purchases, please…)

I’m at a loss of what more I can do at this point. This is the most frustrating “forced to update” and “corrupted cloud data” situation I’ve ever encountered.

4 Likes

similar issue, i can run the game if i do a fresh install and cancel the UI Cloud synch… only problem is after the first run the window to cancel no longer appears

A post was merged into an existing topic: Crash to desktop without error message

I was told by support through Zendesk to update to the 1.20.6.0 update which came today. Still no joy… Connected to internet = CTD. :sob:

1 Like

Nothing changed with this update, the issue has not been addressed. Keep on at zendesk, if they are not constantly bombarded, they think it is fixed!

I have installed 1.20.06.0 yesterday, and I can confirm the issue is still there on two computers.

1 Like

everything remains the same I have updated to the latest version and it does not work. crashes before starting a flight