[BUG LOGGED] Mountains/coastlines constantly morphing since the USA/UK/Nordics World Updates

I have seen this happen too. Quite amazing considering this is one of their “showcase” parts of scenery.

The issue you’re describing is not the same one, however it could be related as it’s yet another of the LOD issues introduced in more recent patches. I would recommend upvoting the following threads.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/poi-very-late-rendering-draw-pop-in-solution-for-asobo-to-fix-in-this-thread/368281

The landmark shifting could be caused by the underlying terrain as well.

I started the challenge over Alaska (landing on 12 differents airports), and boy the hills were popping like a mole out of a hole. Everything is changing shape right in front of your eyes.
This is terrible for immersion and since Asobo created this challenge, it’s impossible it was already that bad before, they wouldn’t have created such a fly plan if those issues were that obivous.

The Challenge is like “Fly above beautiful Alaska scenery…”, you start and after 1 minute, you’re like “Meh…” :sweat_smile:

Figured I’d throw this on here since we just got our “hotfix” for the performance issues. Happily it seems to have fixed that issue. Sadly as soon as I confirmed this, my attention was drawn right away back to the “morphing”. Nothing new, just the same old elevations changing up, down and around right near the aircraft. I really just want to keep thread alive and kicking. This glitch just kills the whole thing for me and I want to keep this topic high enough that maybe the devs will spot it. Keep them votes coming! Cheers

4 Likes

Hey guys I’m playing on a xbox series s, I have a 125000 mbits internet bandwith with the speed test of the xbox series s giving me 156k mbits down and 9 upload.
I have the version 1.18.15.0 of the flight sim and the problem was also before the hotfix.

So this problem is horrible in mountain areas. As you can see in the video, I was flying over Grand Canyon when every mountain was morphing and popping out. It’s also in other mountain areas, and it looks like the mountains are constantly moving. I also have a weird bug (which is not shown in this video) where black areas suddenly emerge of the mountains. And even cities like Paris (after the world update) have sudden building morphs, and the buildings look weird.Could it be the internet connection? I don’t know what else I can do? But see the video for yourself.

Did you also post this on AVSIM? I may have responded to you there earlier. Here is the existing thread for the terrain morphing, your video would be a good contribution there!

About the photogrammetry, this might be more relevant.

Yeah I also wrote that topic, thanks for your help, I’ll post the video there.
Here’s the second video:

1 Like

I’m having the same problem on my Series S

I also get flickering textures on buildings in some areas like Sao Paulo

I appreciate you bumping the post. Unfortunately it’s just not getting the votes though. People seem happy to live with it, which I can’t understand why when something unimportant like “we want trains” is so high up on the Wishlist.

2 Likes

Update after update and this still has not been resolved! I just want to enjoy the scenery flying anywhere in the world and feel that “immersion” experience which has been so heavily promoted, but you don’t have that when as your flying around the landscape in popping up all the time. My quick test flight after updates is to take off from Sedona which is gorgeous but right after takeoff the mountains start popping up and quite dramatically which just takes away so much from the experience. I can’t understand why this seems to be such a low priority to get resolved.

1 Like

Updates actually caused it (or made it worse). I cannot see morphing in this 7 months old video, spikes were also introduced with a world update:

3 Likes

To be fair there is some at 2:10, on the left.

Screenshot (56)

I don’t really recall seeing the pop up scenery when I first got the sim but yes there is some even in that old video. Also, there are still terrain spikes to be found like here in southern New Zealand. Take off from NZMO Manapouri and head west. Not only will you get an eyeful of popping mountains but these spikes get worse vs better on approach and you can actually crash into them. Love the trees on the spike peak…so immersive!!

Here is Google earth reference to the area.
Screenshot (59)

Report to zendesk.

Thank you - I reported it to Zen Desk in December…

@AndyXPO Can you edit the original post to add a couple of the videos posted in this thread? Perhaps one of the low hills by btdc00 and one of the coastlines by me. If more people can immediately see the problem this thread is trying to explain it might help with the votes.

I’m not sure what else we can do to bring this to Asobo’s attention. If they acknowledged this I would feel more patient waiting for a fix, but since it’s never going into the Feedback Snapshot at this rate, we don’t even know if they’re aware of it.

If they do a more general Q&A we could try and raise that question again, but we would need every single person who voted for this thread in order to bring it anywhere close to the top questions.

Honestly I’m getting really fed up with this vote for bugs system. My B.S. radar is really starting to go off. It’s as if our Zendesk reports just go to a “catch all trash bin” and this voting system is just a little game to make us hardcore simmers feel like we have serious input. Maybe I’m wrong and hopefully I am, but c’mon.

When have you ever bought a software product that continually develops new bugs with each update and then the user base is forced to gather enough votes to move up a “chart of importance” based on popularity?!? This seems ridiculous when I really step back and look at it!! I guess I could see the value in it if these were issues that existed from the outset as a sort of way to prioritize. BUT these are NEW problems introduced by Asobo during updates. This should not be our problem, it’s theirs.

It feels like, picking where on my body that I’d prefer to be shot… I don’t know if that analogy makes much sense, but I’m really starting to feel like we are being taken for a ride (not the good kind!) Sorry if this comes across as harsh, I’m just feeling frustrated with this whole thing. I really, really hope I’m wrong in my interpretation of this development environment! Cheers

1 Like

I sent several Zendesk reports, all but one got “solved” without any comment. I have no idea what happened to them.

Terrain LOD 200

3 Likes

Done as requested. Thanks for your help.

Andy.

1 Like