As long as it’s not proven to have a persistent improvement after doing this Low-Ultra switch for the session, I think it is just a difference under this specific static scenario.
So far I only see static comparisons (since they are easy to reproduce and compare of course), but I doubt that there is any ongoing benefit when actually flying after doing this.
Yes, Absolutely agree with you Coppersens. It looks very much like a localised erroneous error with EGNX.
I suspect there are plenty more around the World.
A good demonstration of how easy it is to become fixated - to the exclusion of everything else.
The observations are all valid and useful for further investigation.
I’m just careful with claims like “Ultra settings do not stick” since this deduction is a bit of a shortcut, not founded by the limited proofs to my understanding.
Do you have a comparison how it looked without this “fix”?
@gordongreig: If you have time, could you apply this approach before doing one of your reproducible flying videos? I’d really like to see a moving side-by-side comparison if there is a permanent effect of it.
Don’t see any difference that would show this “fix” to do anything. So not sure what the screenshots should show in this topic.
I’m inclined to say the same. Visuals just have been nerved down. Ultra is medium now.
But that’s not the topic here.
You said:
… so I assumed you see that this fix did actually change anything for you.
At first, I had the impression the cockpit improved a bit in the first place but I don’t think so any more. The landscape for sure didn’t improve at all.
Glad you’re happy with that, but to me it looks washed out, blurry, overbright and some textures are really low quality. But what stands out the most is that almost lime green parts. What settings you running here?
I mean that could just be the source satellite imagery. No amount of settings tweaking would fix that if that’s the case.
Yes, absolutely!
Wow, that is bad. I do not have this problem. I wonder what has been nerfed for this to be the case for some users?
I know Norway pretty well having been there over a long period and I can assure you I have never seen it in those colours.
Yes, many times
and I know what you mean but it isn’t obvious to me in those two pictures because it look excessive. The following pictures you posted look great, but again pic nr 60 right side look bad and excessive. But as someone mentioned before, that seems more related to bad satellite imagery…
Although I havent tried this in settings - I noticed that nothing is being saved from previous flights in setup…so perhaps that is whats going on.
Yes, some of the satellite images combined with the mesh create that kind of stretched/warped look.
Overall the pics are good though, clouds are great especially.
Like mentioned by others, it seems limited to that specific airport. I haven´t been able to replicate it anywhere else so far. That’s not to say it´s not happening elsewhere. But I think it is worth bringing to the dev´s attention, who knows..









