[BUG LOGGED] TCA Quadrant & AddOn problem with SU5

Hi,
Since the update, I have strange issues with my TCA Quadrant & AddOns.
For exemple, the Engine 1 switch doesn’t work anymore ! It’s set in the options, like before.
When I’m trying to reassign it, doesn’t work ! Sometimes switching it detect and affect the button (button 3), but sometimes switch isn’t detected !
And, when detected, impossible to select “VALIDATE” in order to save the config !
Is it working with yours ?

EDIT
Found the solution !

For TCA bug (can’t engine start)…

Open the controls menu and remove
“Toggle Engine 2 Fuel Valve” - Set to Joystick Button 4
“Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve” - Set to Joystick Button 3

Works for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same case happens to me after update 5

5 Likes

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Engine 1 is not working on the quadrant. Very strange as the Engine 2 is working fine with the same setup. A bug I guess.

9 Likes

I have the Logitech Rhino 56 Throttle and with SU 5 i need at least 50 % Throttle to get out of Reverse Thrust. What the hell i dont want that i got and extra button to switch to Reverse Thrust but i cant change it in the Control setup im not able to change that.

Nice Update

2 Likes

same. guess we have to wait.

2 Likes

Found the solution !

For TCA bug (can’t engine start)…

Open the controls menu and remove
“Toggle Engine 2 Fuel Valve” - Set to Joystick Button 4
“Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve” - Set to Joystick Button 3

Works for me :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yes, then you will have to manually cut off the engines :D.

Same problem here. When you disable “Toggle Engine 2 Fuel Valve” and “Toggle Engine 1 Fuel Valve” then you have to manually cut off the fuel. Also, Engine Crank and Engine IGN/Start button won’t work at all. It won’t move. Also, autobrake buttons stopped working. This is just a nighmare, every time they do an update, they manage to break so many other things that previously worked fine. It’s mind boggling.

5 Likes

That was the Problem - Thanks

That trick seems to work for me as a temporary work around but it certainly needs fixing.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the “Joystick button 3 to go back” option at the bottom of the screen on the options menu. It only seems to work with button 3 on the joystick and not on the throttle but it has the feeling of a mapping conflict somewhere.

That’s a very reasonable assumption indeed. For me MSFS crashes when I have TCA Quadrant and Addon connected but selected a single engine airplane… Ridiculous.

1 Like

My TCA Quadrant & Sidestick buttons have stopped working. along with keyboard commands. I don’t have any clue how to fix this, is there an " Integrity " check that can be run?
All Axis are working fine?

2 Likes

They managed to break it. Again. It’s frustrating, because every new update brings additional problems and issues with TCA Airbus hardware. I had to remove it, reinstall it, recallibrate it and additionaly reset and adjust all the sensitivity settings. And yet the buttons are not working, as well as MSFS is crashing whenever it is connected. I am leaning towards the suggestion by GarishPlot36250 that this is due to some button asignement conflict as MSFS menu and settings changes were very sluggish when TCA Quadrant & Addon were connected to the PC. This Joystick Button 3 (Close) option is probably causing problems as many joystick buttons no. 3 are assigned to other functions. And also, which joystick button 3, in case you have more peripherals connected. Blast!

4 Likes

Honestly I’m getting tired of their quality control, it’s almost as if they don’t test the things they implement, I’ve never gotten so frustrated by an update, ever.

4 Likes

Exactly my thinking. And now we’ll have to wait for a 10Gb update to fix half the problems but introduce some others, it’s an endless cycle. Having a really slow DSL connection this is starting to seriously annoy me spending 10 hours downloading updates that break the sim

3 Likes

I’m completely convinced that Asobo entirely clobbered the PC experience with SU5 because only tested it on Xbox, and now they proceed to act surprised when the entire PC user base is up in arms because half the game is broken, unplayable, or worse. Remember guys, Asobo released a list of known issues after the update and most of what the community is complaining is not on that list. QA testing probably was just told to see if the series S could hold 30 FPS like they promised while disregarding all the stuff they broke in the process.

8 Likes

I have exactly the same problems as you and others, Button 3 is the number 1 engine, I have just tried to correct it on the Quadrant but failed.

On my Sidestick. I had Button 3 assigned as inside or outside the cockpit and it was fine.
I tried to un-assign this button 3 but it’s impossible, it is the default in the settings so we are royally screwed!
I un-assigned it and it STILL works as Return?

But regardless of any of this, It doesn’t explain why none of the Keys lights up when you press the corresponding button, just how the hell can we assign anything? And we cannot do anything at all due to the Sluggishness of everything in the " Control Options"

After encountering the problem, I did a clean reinstall of the whole sim from scratch. And also removed and reinstalled the Thrustmaster drivers. (Airbus TCA Officer pack)
It unfortunately made no difference.
Engine 1 master switch is still stuck on off whenever the quadrant is plugged in, with the FS2020 sim 5 update.
Problem occurs on both the FlyByWire A320NX and also with the stock Asobo A320.
Hoping this gets solved quickly, as I haven’t been able to fly anything yet because of this problem.

5 Likes

I have the same issue. Returning to default settings does not solve it. Furthermore why in the hell did they change the way that the mouse controls the knobs and switches. How do you go from managed to selected mode on the A320 now?

Same issue with TCA Engine switch 1. Not working with sim uptdate 5.
Also mouse pointer dissappears randomly and freezes with dual ,monitors, very annoying. Is it possible to downgrade to SIM update 4 ? I miss flying like i used to do

3 Likes