Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

I checked out the KPHX and EDDH. I dont have this issue even with the hotfix.
But I don’t use the LOD hotfix. Maybe its this.

Yes, it’s the LOD tweak that made the airport buildings look that way.

Thanks! I try this solution later the day! But as I read already it seems to work pretty good. Well done!

1 Like

Indeed, I just tested that as well. The community folder fix with the default LOD works fine, but with the LOD adjustment it looks like this at EDDH:

FYI @CptLucky8 thank you for the skyscraper fix!

1 Like

Dumb Question…Do I copy the Buildings Fix (1.93) or just the contents inside that folder to the Community Folder?

I forgot to backup the original japanese specific Distribution file. Would someone be so kind and can send it to me via email? (Not the Main Distribution file, only the one from the japanese folder).

jani05@gmx.de

Unzip and then the whole folder. Not the files

Yep - failures in patch 4 as a result of this hack pretty much inevitable

1 Like

OK Thanks for that :slightly_smiling_face:

Can anyone fly to RJOI, Iwakuni MCAS and check out the town at 7pm live weather and see if you see these floating lights above residential houses? Does this tweak affect night lights? I have the tweak on.

Do you mean the lights you can spot at about 0:54 in the video?

This is normal, I’ve included the UFO Easter egg in the fix :sunglasses:

More seriously, this might be indicating buildings and buildings lights are 2 separate entities not referenced from the same config file (i.e. you’re seeing roof top lights where skyscraper imposters where displaying before)?

You might want to move out the building fix and fly again to the same place to compare whether there is a skyscraper displaying there or not?

Good catch thank you! I’ll amend my post with these details!

Yes but ima so tired after 1.5 hour :((( keeping the VFR map on and stuff. Now I am hungry. When I first saw that I was suspecting exactly that. That the shrinkage didn’t shrink the lights and it’ll be so messy to tweak. Anyway, thanks for replying dude and thank you for the tweak. I gave up playing because of the high density commercial lol.

1 Like

Ok I checked with the drone. It wasn’t you, your tweak is perfect. Those “floating” lights are actually just street lights without the poles. I checked carefully this time with or without your tweak it makes no difference in Japan. Cheers.

WITHOUT TWEAK:

WITH:

BONUS UFO :sunglasses: STREET LAMPS:

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to cross-check this. It is important because this fix is probably becoming the most widely used fix right now and although it is experimental in nature, I wouldn’t like most people having a lesser experience because of it.

3 Likes

Tech in Japan is miles ahead of our own :pensive:

2 Likes

Yes sir, that’s why I took the time to post these things because it matters.

lynhoffenmeyer That Gundam at Odaiba ya know :wink:

Yup, this might fudge around with the next update.

That’s why we have been lucky enough to have it as a community folder mod rather than deleting or editing code lines. When next patch comes along simply remove this fix from your community folder and there will be no problems.

2 Likes

The same issue in Pakistan. Rural areas filled with skyscrapers. Cities having unrealistically tall buildings right in the middle of roads and in the middle of parks.