Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

Have MS or Asobo acknowledged this at all???

I didn’t watch their Q and A the other day on Twitch, but I’ve not seen any news from them acknowledging this ridiculous immersion breaking issue.

I commented the lines out by adding a # before them in the file. This way I can easily revert the change on a new patch. Community mod is of course the best solution, but that wasn’t available when I edited mine :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ CptLucky8

Thank you very much for this file, it works fine !.
Question: in the same process it would be possible to create a community file with a slightly smaller height of trees… (ex: -25%) ?

thanks by advance …

Thank you for this info! When I initially tried I also added #, then # and space, but it didn’t seem to make any difference. I don’t know why though. :thinking:

It works very well!!! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!

Vegetation has already a long time fix (I don’t know if it has been updated for v1.9.3). This is controlled within these files:

OneStore\fs-base\vegetation

Big thanks from here too - has sorted out my unwanted Somerset Skyscrapers. All we need now is for Blackshark’s ai to recognise churches, barns and farmhouses and drop the right models in! :beers:

2 Likes

Final approach to the “new” Malaga airport :astonished:

before (left) and after (right) the fix
Thanks @CptLucky8 for saving the world and my life!

10 Likes

Wow now I understand why this fix is so popular! Thank you!

1 Like

Is it possible to download your mod somewhere else? I mean in the case of possible updates in the future. At least i also would like to say a big thank you for your work. Still any ideas how to use the LOD fix without having mistakes with the buildings at larger airports?

Mike, there is a brilliant picture for MS/Asobo to really take notice of how much they truly FCKED up with this patch, and the lack of a hotfix is quite frankly shocking when it’s the case of only 1 line of code for gods sake.

1 Like

I’d guess it is better having the fix directly downloadable from this discussion. It is only a few KB and it is just for v.1.9.3 which this discussion title reminds. I strongly hope next version won’t require this kind of fix.

As for the LOD, I’ve not spend any minute since yesterday. This is indeed adjustable directly in each individual entry in the file but there are so many I don’t want to try doing it manually!

1 Like

Okay thank you for your Quick Response and also again for your great work

Retried with the community package today and issue at EDDV is solved. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m impressed. You have provided the community with a very useful tool. Respect! I hope the complains will stop now. :wink: Keep up your excellent work.

1 Like

It’s PHP commenting, format is:

The green stuff. You enclose your comments inside those funny !–

If you use Notepad++, it will turn the comments green for easy reading. Highly recommend if you script. On a sidenote, it might not matter even if you don’t community folder and edit the files directly, as I noticed all the TBM930 improvements which involved editing the files are gone.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/tbm-930-audible-alert-fixes-updated/278815

Hence the 10GB updates lmfao. Overwritten festival just like star citizen.

Thank you for the details. It might just be at the time I’ve tried the proof of concept it required editing the 2 files (global and Japan) and I might have forgotten one of these. With the community folder fix we can safely remove the lines which is a relief in case of problems!

Of course! I would rather have your community method and I will learn it someday so I can inject on my own the TBM audibles because it’s such an easy fix. They typoed lol… Thanks again bro, I hate editing direct it’s too scary.

This is great! You should create your own thread so we can upvote it and then the devs will see the fix + implement in the next patch, whenever that is.

1 Like

There is a tree editor app, that can do this for all veg across the sim. It’s very good.

…and works through the community folder so no core sim changes.

2 Likes