Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

Yes. The lines must be deleted in both files, otherwise it will not work. Thank you CptLucky8. Great work!

1 Like

Do we know if this changes or hinders anything else, or is it really the perfect temporary fix?

Right :grinning: Hero :ok_hand::+1:

What a dayā€¦first update error, then lined up the rwyā€¦then what the hell are these buildingsā€¦ airborneā€¦what the hell is going on here. :dizzy_face:

And now all well with the temp fix !:dash::flight_departure:

You done it :+1: But Alpha/Beta testing is needed back right now.

We could temp fix this issue but I think 80% not.

2 Likes

Fantastic Find my friend. Thank you for sharing! Works like a charm.

1 Like

No, the lamps are also not reflected in the absence of waves and wind. Given the experience above, it is somewhere again possible to include in some file code :grin: :grin:

1 Like

If you want to experiment a little further, you can play with the following:

file: OneStore\bf-pgg\PGG\config.toml
lines: 30-31

# enables switching lods for debugging
lod_override = false
lod_override_with_lod = 2

change lod_override = true and lod_override_with_lod = 10 and youā€™ll be using probably the highest lod building models from near to far away! It doesnā€™t seem to take much resources compared to the default (LOD based on distance) but your mileage may vary!

default:

:

true/0:

true/10:

6 Likes

its answer self

Make a copy of the original (freak buildings) files (just rename them as .old or something) and just before the next patch, restore those files.

Knowing this hot fix is both a blessing and a curse because this will be around reddit in no time and then when the next patch is pushed out, a lot of people are going to complain about new crashes which may be caused by manually edited core files, as unstable as this simā€™s code is.

1 Like

Good shout, since trouble installing the first patch, I now copy paste my community folder to the desktop, and then delete everything in community folder within MSFS, then when patch is succesfully installed, I cut-paste all the files back into the community folder, so far touch wood, this has stopped update problems for me.

Thanks! This definitely improved the display of buildings in the distance.

1 Like

who should likely be hired by MS/ASOBO but my guess is they would quit in days over the incompetence level.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if with the next patch of fixes from Microsoft, our planes start flying backwards :sweat_smile:

My question is, clearly this sim is amazing or when itā€™s working it is anyway. alot of work has gone into it, and itā€™s fantastic, one of the best sims Iā€™ve had the joy to play. But post launch is like itā€™s a different team, the amount of errors and bugs coming from each patch is like nothing iā€™ve seen before in my 30 year pc gaming history, incompetence is an understatement, and iā€™m frankly appalled by it, but thanks to the community to wipe their asses temporarily.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s right. They should think about it.

Itā€™s the classic Agile approach, rush something to delivery even if itā€™s barely works then patch and enhance it for the next umpteenmillion years until something stable happens, all the while shipping the bulk of your work offshore to pay less than going wages in the states all in the name of profit. I can go on and on about how language barriers lead to more screw ups in development especially in Agile but I digress.

I can agree that developers may make mistakes in a hurry. This is normal and acceptable. The only thing I donā€™t agree with is that they didnā€™t fix it today, knowing about the problem. Why other people do it for them. What do they get paid for? Today, one person fixed these annoying homes for hundreds of us. But he didnā€™t get a dollar for it. Iā€™m just ashamed of Microsoft.

2 Likes

Where do I find the one store folder? Thought it would be the official folder next to Community but nopeā€¦

Exactly, as I said, donā€™t even need to know about coding to know this is a simple fix, of a wrong model or code for the model being used, and all is needed is 1 little change, not like other bugs where the problem is alot deeper than thay. This is shockingly bad as it completely ruins the main reason this sim is good, the graphics and modeling, ruined by 1 line of code, literally.

Most other devs when a problem arises similar to this, is corrected with a real quick hotfix, I remembe something similar happening on Assetto Corsa, back in the day, red flashes on every track, Devs had it fixed within 12 hours of reporting via a hotfix.

MS/Asobo get your fingers out your ā– ā– ā– ā–  butts, and do something!

1 Like

can confirm the user ā€œhotfixā€ worked. MS, pay this man asap as he did your job for you when this should have easily been caught in regression.

7 Likes

Could anyone be so kind and can send me both original files via email? I was so stupid and forgot to save them as backup :frowning:

jani05@gmx.de