Buildings much too high still in 1.9.5.0 Patch

Yes, only editing the default files doesn’t do anything. It seems the Japan one overrides it
\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\microsoft-pgg-japan\PGG\distribution.toml

Thanks, I going to do that since I am weirdly unable to backup the original file (since copy/paste from the original folder crashes File Explorer)!

Hey, you definitely did something wrong. Everything works fine for me. I also checked the neighboring airports.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is why I love flightsim! No problem too small you guys are geniuses!!

4 Likes

Genius. You just made the quality of this game skyrocket for me after this new bug ruined it from Patch 3. Thank you!

3 Likes

Euro Track Simulator 2 :grin:

Yes, that’s also true at Schwarze Heide (Kirchhellen), high-rise buildings at the airport are now … terrible and at Wesel at the airfield … cruel! LG from Oberhausen they have to fix it quickly!

you might want to read the discussion before posting (and in English it is easier for most) because there is already a solution just a few posts above yours…

These are great screenshots! Thank you for sharing!

Yes, now the views are beautiful and picturesque, without these skyscrapers

5 Likes

Fantastic fix. Thank you CptLucky8 !

2 Likes

Ha, I was thinking the same thing earlier why not work on patches for another week or two, such a silly bug to have 3 patches in.

CptLucky8, if you have paypal, would you mind sending me your email address via PN? I think your efforts should not go unrewarded.

11 Likes

A little positive before going to bed. Good night everyone!

4 Likes

If you have the Steam edition, it’ll be in that folder instead. Look wherever you installed the game for the bf-pgg/PGG and microsoft-pgg-japan/PGG folders. The distribution.toml file will be in there. Make a backup of it first, of course.

I thank you for your support!

The best support is to raise awareness there is a growing need for the RXP GTN 750/650 and RXP GNS 530/430 V2 in FS2020 and we’d like to help Asobo make it happening! :slight_smile:

For gauge/system development, I believe FS2020 is in a unique position to ditch the legacy FSX SDK paradigms which are not working adequately. So far it appears they are trying to adapt/bridge the past with a solemn goal of reducing development time for 3rd party vendors. It is a good promise in itself but I’m wondering whether it is in only serving a couple few select vendors in the end.

In my opinion you might come to realize Asobo developers are showing a strong commitment to simulation:
4 years ago nearly none of them had any particular experience in flight simulation. In 4 years of hard work, learning aviation, putting to fruition their unique gaming industry experience, they are offering us a generation leap simulator with AAA graphics*!

We’ve been specializing in gauge development for 2 decades on 2 main simulators products declined in 14 different versions. We do have some unique expertise to share which might also help Asobo getting additional perspective on the specifics of gauge development needs. In the end it can only help more 3rd party vendors bringing much better products to FS2020 than on any other simulator, along with more simmers.

*Just you put aside these first month and expected release bugs, for which the community is joining in together in trying to find and in offering solutions, like in this discussion.

21 Likes

With the community folder package posted above there is no need to backup anything because it is supposed to override the files automatically at run time isn’t it, even with the Steam version?

Sorry to be a noob @CptLucky8 whats the difference in the 2 files mate?

And a massive thank you for this “fix”

1 Like

Sorry Cpt, I haven’t tried the community patch! I was just replying to someone who didn’t find the OneStore folder and figured he was in the same position I was using the Steam version instead. The back up suggestion was in case manual editing was going to be made.

1 Like