Bush Trips broken?

What is the difference between the “known issues” page and “(Month) Feedback Snapshot.”

???

Are they not both tracking technical issues? It makes no sense why there are two lists. Who updates them? On what basis? How often are they updated?

Who is in charge of bug triage. I’d love to know how they have a job.

1 Like

I guess hope is all we got. I loved bushtrips during launch on gamepass and the saving worked back then. After many months I finally came back (bought the game) and I was also happy to see that there are so much more bushtrips and my excitement was high but it went down fast when I saw they are all broken :cry: The whole mode is 100% useless to me until it’s fixed.

5 Likes

The same for me - 2nd leg Denmark - after landing - nothing completed - reentering the leg - at the same airport without any guidence in the logbook… Managed to reflight it with renaming save - the same. I don’t want to pay addtional time for it:-(

2 Likes

Same here. Bush trips do not complete.

4 Likes

Still broken as of today…

2 Likes

Likely not going to get a fix until the next release at the earliest. If you haven’t yet, also give feedback to this post if your POIs were also disappearing:
Bush Trip POIs disappeared after first leg - Bugs & Issues / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

For me bushtrips are also broken (XsX). No Chance to complete the mont Blanc Bushtrip because the Andorra leg refuses to save my successfull landing…

2 Likes

C’mon let’s get the release out soon. This has been broken for so long. Tried every option but I’m not doing any more bush trip as I can’t move on from the last registered leg. Such a shame.

1 Like

Several fixes regarding bushtrips are coming with the next update!!

1 Like

I have completed 18 legs of the Nevada trip but cannot get the 19th leg–Sierraville-- to register. I tried the workaround using the dev mode. I started from leg 1, using the dev mode as instructed and landed at the airport for leg 2. I pressed “continue” and followed the same process for leg 3. Again, it registered “completed.” I then checked the flight log. It did not register either landing but it simply showed the aircraft as being at the airport where I had been stuck initially–Sierraville–at airport leg 19. I tried to reboot the program but it placed me back at Sierraville. I then tried to start from the previous leg–leg 18–but the program would not let me do it. The SU7 update has not helped. I would welcome any new ideas.

1 Like

Just curious: did you start from scratch today or is this a continuation of previous legs completed pre SU7?

1 Like

Thanks
I have:

1. tried to continue (with new Nevada_save file)
  2. Tried to back track and continue – (with new Nevada_save file)
  3. Tried to restart (with new Nevada-Save file)
  4. Tried to continue with original file which recorded through leg 18-- both before and after SU7
    Hope this is useful and thanks
1 Like

Release notes says Bush trips are fixed. The names of the airfields are indeed fixed, but the Nevada trip still does not register leg completed. So no, they are not fixed.

4 Likes

It seems its only fixed for completely New bushtrips that you havent started yet. I went with a new bushtrip and everything saves fine. The ones i started with before SU7 are still broken…

1 Like

I just landed at the last leg of Brekenridge to Mariposa and MSFS won’t end the flight. Very frustrating.

Update: After manually ending the flight it showed 100% progress for the trip.

1 Like

happening to me on the second leg of the Germany bush trip. Strangely, was able to complete the France trip in its entirety…

1 Like

TL;DR:
Bush Trip legs started in SU6 have corrupt saves, after deleting the relevant Bush Trip save folder, the Bush Trip should work correctly in SU7.

Details
So far I have had to delete 3 save folders in
(Steam version = AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\MISSIONS\ACTIVITIES)

1. BALKANS_SAVE previously completed, corrupted in SU6 by flying an intermediate leg, was stuck on leg 2.
  2. Denmark SAVE, was stuck on leg 2, new SU6 flight.
  3. UKBUSHTRIP-5_SAVE, community Bush Trip, was stuck on leg 2, new SU6 flight.

1 (on leg 3) & 3 (completed) are working correctly in SU7 after deleting their save folders (haven’t retested 2).

Testing Norway (trip completed in SU5 but 1 leg showing incomplete) in SU6 the leg failed to complete and lost/reset 50% of the already completed trip.

1. Re-flying the last “good” leg in SU7, it completed correctly as have the next 3 legs (haven’t reached the end yet).
  2. Looks like the save is corrupted/broken. I reached the end but completion is stuck @92%

*** Edit ***
I’ve now [SU9] complete all 3 Bush Trips - Balkans, Denmark and UKBUSHTRIP-5
Norway is still stuck @92%

3 Likes

Thank you - was worried this was the case but think you have confirmed my suspicion.

1 Like

Thanks. While I much enjoyed some bush trips, I had given up on them because of their numerous bugs. I am going to delete all the corpses in my AppData directory and start over now.

2 Likes

Yes, and the sad thing is, XBox users can’t remove their save files, so they are forever locked out the rest of the content because they can’t restart a new trip. I’ve put in a request for an API function call that will remove relevant bush trip save files, so users from the bush trip screen can reset a trip from the UI. This would save PC users from tracking down where their save file is, and give XBox users the ability to not be locked out of content.

4 Likes