Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hi everyone,
Actually I own a buttkicker Gamer 2 and hace some issues in FS2020.
Although it works perfectly in X-plane, I feel the vibrations very very weak in FS2020 during the flights (ground and air). I put it very strong and have limited vibrations in the C152 and C172.
All my sim sounds are at 100% (enginesz environment…).

However when i finish a flight and that the virtual logbook appears, it comes with a melody. Suddenly all the bass are felt (because the buttkicker was put very high), amd it really contrasts with the sim part.

Since i have a real headset, I use Voicemeeter in order to separate the voice vs sim sounds.

Any ideas?
David

1 Like

Hi

I have recently purchased the Buttkicker Gamer 2 and agree it is really immersive! However I am having some issues when trying to use Xbox audio chat (which I use for multiplayer type activity on FS).

The issue I have is that I can’t get the buttkicker to work when using Xbox chat and I end up getting Xbox chat audio out the buttkicker (really annoying). Has anyone had this issue? I have tried to use Voicemeeter but I cannot seem to split the audio signal effectively, and I’ve even bought a second USB sound card but can’t seem to get this set up working either.

For info, I have a USB gaming headset (plugged into the USB port)
PC speakers and Buttkicker are connected directly to sound card (using splitter)
I then use Xbox audio app and try to select the headset for both microphone and sound
BUT…I can’t seem to get this to work unless I use Voicemeeter but then am unable to split the signal

It’s possible I am doing something stupid(!) but have literally spent all weekend on this and no flight sim time! There seem to be a lot of variable settings on xbox audio app and voicemeeter and am unsure which ones to use.

Grateful for any help!

Hi guys in case anyone else has had this issue I have found a fix. The voicemeeter tool would not work for me but the voicemeeter Banana does. I have had to change the following settings but it is now working

• set the EQ for the buttkicker channel to ‘centre only’ - this seems to make it work all non voice sounds only
  • set the EQ for the headphone channel to ‘mix down A’ - I don’t know why but I can now hear ATC and Xbox Audio chat through my headphones (along with GA sounds) and the buttkicker is only producing the sounds I want it do
  • Still have second USB sound card for headphones/mic set
  • Main PC sound card has a splitter for speakers and buttkicker

Hope this helps someone!

2 Likes

HI, all, I wanted to offer my experience with my new Buttkicker Gamer 2 with MSFS, on PC, with an msi Z370 mobo, using the onboard 5.1 sound card at present, and no other software for MSFS integration, just using the subwoofer channel.

Setup was pretty simple, although I had a few RTM moments (like, “Oh, there’s another power switch on the back of the amplifier!”). I checked it out with the msi sound card app and the subwoofer test was encouragingly tooth-rattling. So I started up MSFS with my go-to DA62 (the enhanced version, not the stock one) on the runway, and… nothing, no Buttkicker action. I took off, and then I got plenty of gradually-increasing runway rumbling in my chair as I accelerated. Rotate, lift off, gear up - nothing, flaps up, nothing, cruise altitude, nothing, no signal LED on the amplifier indicating, I guess, that the sim just doesn’t send much subwoofer except for runway roll noise. Circled back to land and got a nice haptic confirmation of touchdown and rollout, gradually decreasing as I decelerated.

So, the unit appears to do pretty much just one thing without the additional software that I’ve seen mentioned here which connects using FSUIPC or the like.

An additional issue I found is that the Buttkicker turns itself off after a period of not getting any signal from the soundcard (I think it’s like 10 minutes or so?), and on a normal flight, takeoff is nice and bumpy, and then the Buttkicker powers off due to no input, and if you don’t remember to turn it back on before landing, you have no Buttkicking.

I will probably have to look into the additional software to get more out of the Buttkicker, but it looks as though a separate soundcard may be needed for that.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I also have a buttkicker gamer 2, using game sound to drive it is suboptimal. I use it in IL2 with simshaker wings software which uses game telemetry data instead of game sound, and this is really incredible.

I plan to test it with MSFS, theoretically it should work with simshaker for aviator and andres buttkicker plugin. I already downloaded the software to test in demo mode (only ground effects in demo mode). Hopefully soon…

You can probably use one of those cheap 20$ USB sound cards if you need a second sound output. I use my onboard sound as I have the game sound in my VR headset
https://simshaker.com/software/general/

1 Like

Thanks, Rocker, I’ve ordered another sound card and will most likely go with the Simshaker solution. Just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t settings things up correctly, it helps to hear that the subwoofer channel approach just doesn’t cut it here.

I appreciate the input!

1 Like

Now this is puzzling - I’ve installed simshaker for aviators and Andre’s sound module (in demo mode for the time being), and I’m using my USB wireless headset for main audio and have set the sound module app to use the mobo sound card, and I don’t get anything at all, no signal in the Buttkicker, either in the chair or the signal LED on the amplifier. Both the Simshaker apps are running, and the audio app is showing simconnect data. Starting to wonder if there isn’t something weird about my mobo sound card - this should work with a USB headset and a mobo soundcard, with regular audio to USB and simshaker to the mobo card/subwoofer output, shouldn’t it? I realize that this may be a support question for Andre at this point - the second sound card should arrive soon, so I may hold off on contacting him until I’ve tested this with that setup.

Cheers!

Wait, it might be the Buttkicker itself, or a cable issue or something else outside the software - now I’m not getting anything from the sound card test app. Researching. :frowning:

I cannot change the output on the service section since its grayed out.
Any suggestions?

Okay, reporting back as promised - the Gamer 2 quick start guide says clearly and definitively to connect either the black or the red RCA output jack coming from the 1/8" Y splitter cable to the amplifier, but after thinking about I realized that doesn’t make sense - the black RCA male output jack is the center channel, and the red RCA jack is the subwoofer, so everything is up and running again for me now that I’ve got the subwoofer going to the Buttkicker instead of the center channel.

Their support rep didn’t have any ideas, but he did suggest connecting the 1/8" jack to the amplifier from a different sound source such as a phone or tablet, and I got all kinds of buttkicking from that, so I knew it wasn’t the amplifier’s problem, and that’s when I started thinking about the sound card output being sent through a stereo cable pair. I’m pretty sure that their quick start guide is dead wrong about it not mattering which RCA output jack you plug into the amplifier.

They were really quick in their support response time by email, so props to them for that. :slight_smile:

Now I need to get the Simshaker stuff working, which is another set of challenges, I think. :slight_smile:

I am having the same problems. It works perfect with Xplane 11 but i can’t get it to work with MSFS. The sound will not play on my HP reverb.

You have to get the Sound Module addon

1 Like

Hi all, I’ve been toying with the idea of getting the buttkicker gamer 2 for sometime now.
I have my motherboard sound card set to send communications to my 5.1 surround sound headset and my creative titanium xfi sound card is doing the main sounds, this is set to output via an optical cable to my pioneer surround sound system.
Obviously I would need to use the creative sound card for the buttkicker, but as its outputting via an optical cable to my sound system I’m not sure whether the other output ports would be disabled or not, it took a lot of messing around with settings to even get 5.1 surround sound with windows 10.
I also had opus fsi in FSX, so does that mean I could potentially use the beta software listed in a post above, or would I be better off using some of the other software suggested.
Any help / advise much appreciated.

Which obutto sim chair do you have? Was the connection to the seat fairly easy

My base chair is the oZone. It was relatively easy if you have some tools. I got some brackets and just had to drill some holes in the side of the chair frame and use some hardware I picked up at home depot to make a rigid mount that didn’t flex.

Just got the Buttkicker Gamer 2 in.
Hardware installation was quite straightforward and I had already installed Simconnect via the ingame Download SDK menu (or Navigraph/Littlenavmap not sure).
I had also already downloaded SimShaker for Aviators and the Sound Module (unlicensed because andre’s shop is closed untill this weekend).

I tested both SimShaker for Aviators and the Sound Module by Andre and they both produced a nice rumble.

Then started MSFS and loaded in a C172. It seems that the simconnect debug view shows me all the information it needs but there is no Rumble when I started my engine :frowning:

I am also getting an Unhandled exception from .NET Framework :frowning:
Anyone can help me?

I closed both Simshaker and the sound module and then started SimShaker and went to the Service Tab and set Start Sound Module Automatically to ON and Simultaneous Output to On.
I no longer have the Unhandled Exception… But… Still no Rumble from the game :frowning:
In what way is the unlicensed demo mode limited?

When I set my Sound Output on the windows tray to Realtek(R) Audio I also get output to the Buttkicker but I think that is just the regular way of the sounds coming from the sim and not through Simconnect.

I read up on this page and it said that only Ground Bumps and Stall Shudder effects are available but I am not feeling them when I try to take off on grass or stall my C172.

Okay okay! I got it to work! When it works you should start the application AFTER you start MSFS (I had to restart it manually) and then go to Effect Settings in SimShaker and hit the refresh button on the right, then it should show (in my case with the C172) the “Generic Piston Engine”
Make sure you are running the Simconnect debug window from within SimShaker → Special Options → Sim Connect Debug (also it must have Status Green) Then go to View and click the Effect Monitor - Experimental.

This is what the Effect Settings window looks like:

This is what the Effect monitor looks like while taxiing over grass:
SimShaker Effect Monitor.jpeg

Hope it helps anyone!

3 Likes

Fantastic, could not do without it. Enhanced by SimShaker for Aviators. Charless

I just bought the Sound Module for Sim Shaker and it is working perfectly!
Both in Jets and Pistons (A320, DC6, Cub w floats)

1 Like

Hi All
How do you buy this for Buttkicker 2 - says eshop is closed ?
Also is there a demo or something ? thanks

He clearly states the following when you try to open his e-shop:

Please come back at weekends (next one on August 21 - 22, 2021). I will be glad to serve you here again.

1 Like