C208B Grand Caravan EX Mods General

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

I thought I remembered the Avionics standby being correct. Not sure if that was your doing or the default sim behaviour.

I asked WT about this and they said they donā€™t currently support manual reversion. The red button was made to work by Asobo in SU8 so my question is why if nothing uses it right now. Perhaps the stock G1000 can do something with it. It sort of works with the Nxi but as already pointed out here it does not revert to normal operation correctly.

If it is not implemented by WorkingTitle I would expect it would do just nothing with the NXi.
If Asobo has implemented this I would expect that it only works on the stock G1000.
But as I said, it is not part of this mod. And we cannot change anything on that without may braking the compatibility with the existing NXi from WT or/and the stock G1000.

Maybe I donā€™t remember correct. Newo has changed a lot on the electrical configuration. It is totally different to how it is in the stock version.
So we might need to have a look on that.

@Sling380 I looked at the MASTER BATTERY EVENTS. In fact i may have found the problematic interactions which cause the problem. For some third party software the generated events may not be captured by the mod. I did some dirty hack with the second ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  battery which may help to solve those problems. Please test the fixes if possible from here: https://github.com/NewoPL/msfs2020-C208-Improvment-Mod/archive/refs/heads/release.zip

1 Like

When i strat the aircraft and disconnect the main generator and the battery then stby alternator provides the power to the aircraft without any issue. If you switch both avionics off you can use alterante source of power for avionincs 1 using avionics stby switch as well. why do you think Stby Power does not work ?

Iā€™m using this MOD and have no issues did 4 flights yesterday back to back.

So user having issues check that you donā€™t have other MOD for the same aircraft.

PS: Always run MSFS as Administrator.

1 Like

with these bindings it works again

1 Like

The Avionics stby did nothing when I tried it. The standby alternator power is completely independent of the Avionics stby power from memory but Iā€™ll check again. If you have the operation of one linked to the other that may explain it. Iā€™ll report back tomorrow after Iā€™ve checked how it should function.

Yes this branch has the MASTER events working and the Avionics stby as expected but it doesnā€™t have all the other latest mods so I guess the bits needed from this to get those couple of features working correctly needs to be fed back into the main branch. Great work.

thanks. it should have everything. do you see other things are not working on this branch ?

I didnā€™t check things specifically other than the Master and Avionics standby but I did notice the generator could not be tripped as per the latest flightsim.to branch and then assumed the other mods from that time were also not present. Perhaps the gen was the only thing but itā€™s worth checking.

This is tangential - I tried posting in the dev / SDK section but havenā€™t received a reply. :frowning: Also employed GoogleFu, YouTube, etc. Iā€™m hitting a wall.

I fly the C208, with this community mod like 95%+ of the time. Iā€™ve got a Honeycomb Alpha / Bravo setup. My Alpha I think is sending out weird outputs. You can see it in this video of the C208B Grand Caravan EX with the awesome community mod as I approach PHNG out here on Oā€™ahu in Hawaiā€™i. (Yes, that approach should be widened out to start more from the ā€œmainā€ shoreline to the right and not cut as tight as I did). If you look when I start to turn from the downwind leg to base, youā€™ll see the nose bounce. Iā€™m holding the yoke still. It continues through my rollout to a super-short final.

What I was wondering, and I know itā€™s possible, is how to get dev mode to show me what my controls are sending to the sim. Iā€™m hoping that way I can pin down whatā€™s coming out of the Honeycomb stuff ā†’ MSFS. Anyone got a link or some steps to help a brother out?

(Edit) - would FSUIPC7 work for this? I havenā€™t really worked with it, but I did purchase a license for it.

Nice landing!

Could also be some kind of a bug on MSFS.
I donā€™t know if the DevMode can do that. I have not seen something like that.

Sure FSUIPC7 can do that!
You can choose what you want to see and open the console (e.g. Axes, Buttons).
But be aware, that the honeycomb used within normal MSFS key binding sends extremely frequently!

1 Like

Aha! Thank you very much. It sounds like I need to mess around with FSUIPC7.

Valid question but the POH does not make it clear why this check is done before turn on the avionics.
Maybe you found an error in it.
There is no other annunciation for this warning.
Maybe this check should mainly be made to turn on the warning horn even when this is not mentioned in the checklist.

A test switch, labeled TEST SWITCH, FIRE DETECT - UP, is located on the lower left corner of the instrument panel. When this switch is placed in the UP position, the red ENGINE FIRE annunciator will illuminate on the CAS system and the warning horn will sound indicating that the fire warning circuitry is operational.

A test switch, labeled TEST SWITCH, FUEL SELECT OFF - DN, is located on the lower left corner of the instrument panel. When this switch is placed in the DOWN position, the two warning horns will sound simultaneously indicating that the fuel selector warning horns are operational

1 Like

In my testings the Switches work as expected.
Also the current from standby is visible as expected if on.
The only thing I would expect different is, that the switches should work in reverse and the cover will shut them off.
But that is something I donā€™t know.

So if Bus Tie Switch is set, then both Avionics will conected, which means
If only one Avionics switch is active or if Standby Avionics switch is active then both Avionics are on.

The standby avionics switch connects Avionics Bus 1 if Standby Alternator provides power.

AVIONICS STANDBY POWER SWITCH

The AVIONICS STBY PWR switch is a guarded two-position switch/ breaker, labeled AVIONICS STBY PWR. The guard covering this switch must be lifted in order to select the ON position. When switched ON, the standby electrical system directly provides power to the AVN BUS 1. When switched OFF, the standby electrical system may provide extra power to the avionics buses via the main power distribution bus, provided the STBY PWR circuit breakers on the electrical buses are not pulled. When operating solely on standby power, both AVIONICS No. 1 and No. 2 power switches should be OFF to avoid feeding a possible fault in the primary power system.

AVIONICS BUS TIE SWITCH

The AVIONICS BUS TIE switch is a two-position guarded toggle-type switch located on the left sidewall switch and circuit breaker panel. The switch connects the AVN BUS 1 and AVN BUS 2 together in the event of failure of either bus feeder circuit. Because power for each avionics bus is supplied from a separate current limiter on the power distribution bus, failure of a current limiter can cause failure of the affected bus. Placing the AVIONICS BUS TIE switch to the ON position will restore power to the failed bus. Operation without both bus feeder circuits may require an avionics load reduction, depending on equipment installed.

1 Like

Yes your suspicion about the switch direction for both of the guarded Avionics switches is correct. I noticed this as well but forgot to mention it in my initial findings. When the cover is closed the switch is forced to the off position for both of these switches so this should also be corrected.

With regards to the Avionics standby specifically I think you may have some missing information that is hampering your understanding of how it will function because the above statement is not correct.
The Alternator bus (shown in your attachments) will have power on it even when the Alternator is not running because it is connected to bus 1 and bus 2 via CBā€™s and then to the main bus by fuses. The Avionics standby switch connects this Alternator bus to the Avionics 1 bus. So to be clear when it is switched on the Avionics 1 bus should be powered regardless of the source of power, be it battery, gen or alt.

This is how it behaves in the branch @NewoPL posted with the Master events fix but the latest flightsim.to branch doesnā€™t. Iā€™ll check again to confirm it wasnā€™t a one off.

Sure I understand that, but it is not a function which is intended to be used in that way.
I just want to shorten the POH to be more clear.

So it is some kind of detail which is not totally correct, cause the bus connection is not correct.
So that does work for battery or alternator power, but not for the generator.

We have not changed the behavior of these switches. This is the standard implementation by Asobo

OK I can check maybe i have not submitted some of the patches to the main release.