C208B Grand Caravan EX Mods General

It can in fact act as another means of power backup for the critical Avionics IRL. Sorry I made the assumption you were aiming for accuracy. After all isn’t that the point of a mod, To improve on default.

BTW. I managed to get all the new anti-ice features operational. It’s a bit of a weird arrangement but I guess that is because the sim does not have native support for porous panel fluid systems. The DA62 mod uses an alternative approach if you’ve ever looked at it.

Sure that isn’t correct. I know where the problem is and can confirm.
But that wasn’t my point.
My point is that in case of an emergency you will never get to a stage like this, if you follow the emergency checklists.
So in which case you want do that in IRL?

I might have figured out what is the real problem with avionics stby switch. It is a sideeffect of the implementation of the dynamic Alternator control unit which actually connects stby alternator bus to power distribution bus when no other source of voltage is present. As a side effect the STBY AVIONICS 1 switch does not work for all normal cases as it is not powered. Let me connect the switch to other bus it should solve your issue @Sling380. of course if i understand it correctly

1 Like

in other words as we do not have circuit breakers simulated the behavior of Avionincs 1 swithc and standby avionics switch should be the same

2 Likes

Yes Indeed. Without the CB’s or fuses modelled they are effectively in parallel.

1 Like

I hope you don’t mind. I may not always find the right word, cause I’m no native speaker.
I’m always willing to understand things in a deep detail, cause I think it is very important to get a good result.

2 Likes

New Release Version of the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX Improvement Mod

Again also a big thank you to @NewoPL for the support and contribution to this mod!

Changes

• Tested version
  • Fixed #140: Tooltip on deice fluid control switch only shows “0.” on up or down position
  • Fixed #122: Governor test button does not have a tooltip
  • Fixed #123: Bleed Air switch does not have a tooltip
  • Improvement: Additional switches operable
  • Improvement: Tooltips for several switches (partly localized)
  • Fixed #135: The Avionics standby power and Avionics 2 switches do not function per the real aircraft?
  • Fixed: Reversed Standby Avionics switches

• Fixed #134 & Fixed #130: MASTER_BATTERY_ON & OFF do not work well?
  • Fixed #131: Tooltip may incorrect on Fuel Shutoff
  • Fixed #124: Oxygen handle does not have a tooltip

Known Issues and Limitations

• Some Voice Alerts won’t work with NXi (Is not implemented by WT yet)
  • Max Payload is negativ (I turns to normal when sliding the slider to zero)

Download via Github
https://github.com/SheepCreativeSoftware/msfs2020-C208-Improvment-Mod/releases/latest

or via flightsim.to
https://flightsim.to/file/16350/cessna-208b-grand-caravan-ex-improvement-mod

And please checkout the readme for additional information’s about new features:
https://github.com/SheepCreativeSoftware/msfs2020-C208-Improvment-Mod/blob/main/README.md

13 Likes

Hi. I think there is a problem with alternator. It’s off and there is no button/switch to turn it on.
I also have question about reverse… is strong as f… is this normal and real?
Anti ice looks good, but i do not tested it in havy ice conditions.

Yeah, you can slow the ‘van down from landing speed to zero without hitting the brakes! I’m not complaining, as I’m not a real C208 guy.

Be careful if using it to back out of a parking stall - I got too much momentum going and when I hit the brakes, she flipped up right on her rear end! Lol this is one of those “less is more” situations. :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not on if everything is normal. It only comes on if the gen is offline. You arm it by turning on the Stby power switch.

1 Like

I am getting a GENERATOR OFF message that can not be cleared. STBY POWER ON does appear in conjunction…so at least that part is working.

What have you done to try and clear it? Moving the gen switch to reset for instance.

Quick fix for too powerful reverse thrust: Download ZIP (github.com)
Please feel free to tests. Frankly, it is hard for me if the change gives the realistic reverse thrust or not. It is my guess what should be right.

Yes I think it is a bug which did not manifest itself until the fix for stby avionics switches was made. It should be fixed right now on my fork and if it works as expected it will be pulled to next main release

2 Likes

Getting the same thing as well as when setting flaps get Low Alternator until flaps are in position. By the way love your work!

I’m also not a real pilot of c208. For me worst problem than power of reverse is time that it take to work, about 3-4sec. In youtube videos you can see it’s 1sec.

Maybe the power of reverse is ok; here you see that the pilot does not use full reverse

2 Likes

Thank you for your efforts on the project!!!

1 Like

if you use hold to reverse assignement it takes some time for reverse thrust to enable. I think it is coded this way in the simulator. there is also reverse throttle toggle asignement. it is worth exploring maybe it will enable you to apply reverse much faster. Otherwise, What we could do is to integrate reverse thrust with throttle axis. but then people will have to be carefull to not limit the trhottle all the way during the flight.

1 Like

would prefer the more realistic version of being on the lower end of the throttle axis. really if you’re retarding the throttle that far in flight you’re not flying properly anyways and shouldn’t be using a realism mod to begin with. Sure there’s a detent IRL but even on landing if you go a bit beta before touchdown it’s not a big deal

1 Like

For me is good how it is now. It’s difficult to operate throttle with slider on joystick and it will be really hard on taxi if you integrate reverse thrust with throttle axis. Also a lot of joystick does not have any detend like real airplanes have so it will be impossible do operate throttle.

1 Like