Can I get an aircraft from other editions?

Hello,

I have googled this question but can’t seem to get a direct answer.

I was curious how (if possible) I could purchase or get aircraft’s from the deluxe or premium edition. Specifically I would love to have the Cessna 172SP with the garmin 530/430. I also see there is a nice enhancement add on by just flight but it’s says it is specifically for that plane only that comes with the specific editions

I only have the standard edition via steam.

I am specifically after that aircraft given I am working on my PPL currently and that is the Cessna I am flying. Would love to have something as close to it as I could.

Is there a way I can buy that aircraft or do I have to upgrade to that edition. If that is the case, does upgrading reset anything like my flight log book? Settings? Is it like a whole new sim install??

Appreciate any advice on this!

1 Like

Hi,
You are right, you need to get the upgraded edition I’m afraid. But it shouldn’t reset anything to do with your log book. It just unlocks the additional content. Good luck with your PPL. :blush:

4 Likes

They are not sold separately unfortunately.

There is a wish list for this you may want to add your support to:

6 Likes

I definitely will, thank you!

2 Likes

Ahhh I figured so! Appreciate the response!! Also thank you very much!

1 Like

I think the better thing to do would be to not charge full price for the Deluxe or Premium upgrades when you already have the base sim bought and paid-for. Charging money for something I already have is… well… off-putting to say the least. The upgrade packages in the Marketplace shouldn’t cost more than a few dollars/pounds/euros/whatevers more than the difference between what someone already owns and the normal price. I’m not sure if there’s a wish list thread for that, but if there is, point the way and I’ll gladly add my vote there!

2 Likes

As someone that paid extra for the deluxe premium edition I would not like the aircraft to be offered to others , after all i paid more to get the deluxe, why should you get the aircraft i paid extra to get ?

3 Likes

OP isn’t asking for free planes or airports. They’re asking for the ability to purchase them. And in all likelihood, it would still mean that you got them for less, since you purchased several extras as a bundle, and got them at bundle pricing. Purchasing individual planes would very likely cost much more per unit.

2 Likes

Didn’t say he was asking for them for free, my issue is that they are supposed to be exclusive to those that paid extra for the upgraded edition, so why should they become available to someone else that didn’t pay the extra , its a bonus to those that chose the upgrade.

2 Likes

I don’t see your logic. You paid extra for premium content. OP wants to pay extra for premium content. You still come out better because you paid less per single item.

7 Likes

Disagree, the additional content should only be available to those that paid for the whole upgrade edition, exclusively, after all if you want the aircraft, pay for the upgrade like everyone else has has too.

3 Likes

Didn’t mean to stir anything up here. Appreciate everyone’s response… I ended up buying the $90 upgrade so I could get the Cessna I was after. Once again, just created this topic in case I missed something over the years that allowed individual purchases of aircraft’s from other versions.

Again, appreciate all the response.

7 Likes

I like 787, but PREMIUM DELUXE is more expensive for me, I hope 787 can be purchased separately

I highly doubt they’ll make those planes available for individual purchase any time in the near future. Not impossible, but if they make them available separately, they remove the need for people to pay the large premium for the upgrade. What they’re counting on is that people using GamePass and playing MSFS essentially for free will buy those updates, hence them costing almost as much as the base sim on its own.

2 Likes

I’d consider buying the upgrade to Premium Deluxe just for the Longitude, but right now it asks me to buy the whole base sim all over again, no way I’m paying that.

1 Like

There is a wish on this if you want to contribute to:

I’m guessing there are a lot of current owners of less than the Premium Deluxe version would make purchases of individual content items if they were made available that way. I know I would for sure. For example, I have Deluxe. I have no interest in the additional airports in the Premium. I would definitely buy a couple of the planes though.

1 Like

You have to buy it as an upgrade from the Marketplace. You can’t buy the PD edition from the MS Store or Steam if you only have the base edition.

But the PD edition in the marketplace basically costs as much as the base edition did.

1 Like

This is a marketing decision I don’t understand.

“Back in the day”. . . when the content was released on floppies, CD’s or even in a cartridge, there was a “physical media” difference between editions, as well as a content difference - and it didn’t make much sense to create an entire set of expensive cartridges, floppies, or CD’s for upgrades that might not sell that well.

Today most, if not all, content is delivered as a digital download, and thus the “manufacturing” price differential between one version and the next is truly de minimus.

I cannot understand why version “X+” isn’t available as an upgrade package.  I can understand those that buy piecemeal paying more per upgrade than the ones who bought it as a “package deal”, but forcing them to completely re-purchase the sim?  That makes no sense to me.

1 Like

Many folks are playing MSFS on Gamepass for their small monthly subscription price that grants them access to the library of PC games in the MS / Xbox store. Sure, it’s income for MS, but not really a lot that flows towards MSFS directly.

If these folks want the PD edition, they then have to buy it from the marketplace, which means that they then have to fork out the heavy price for the upgrade to the PD Edition.

And if ever these folks decide they don’t want Gamepass any more and want to just buy MSFS, they then have to outright buy the base edition again at full price. There have been many forum posts since launch about people who got the $1/month introductory Gamepass sub, bought the PD Edition upgrade via the marketplace, then later canned Gamepass when their trial was up and the monthly price went up to $15, only to discover they had to again fork out for the base edition.

This is about marketing and maximizing income stream. That’s the reason prices are structured the way they are.

1 Like