Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

Thought I ought to post here as I’ve lost count of the number of times ATC has broken on me during a flight.

Usually, it’s the problem described here - the conversation becomes one sided in that I can still hear the pilot/co-pilot’s ATC transmissions and, although the pilot/co-pilot responds to the controller’s transmissions, the latter does not come through as voice, or text on the ATC panel.

I usually use the AI Co-Pilot to respond on my behalf (mainly as I often fly lengthy IFR routes so regularly step away from the PC) but occasionally, the AI Co-Pilot stops responding altogether, though I suspect this is a separate issue and seems to have happened less frequently in the last few months.

Without wishing to divert attention from this topic, on the subject of ATC, those of us who frequently fly IFR in Europe are still having to put up with the coding error (and incorrect airline names) on TUI Airways’ callsigns so, if that could also be looked at, it would be appreciated: ATC Saying hashtag for TUI Airways

4 Likes