Cannot Remove or Add Friends

Hello, hope someone can explain this…

I have duplicated friends in-game and I cannot remove the ones I added from in-game on earlier versions (I’m not following them on Xbox App). Now one friend have disappeared and I cannot add him anymore… From Xbox App we are following each other and in-game it says that we are friends already…

It’s Microsoft Store version, no developer mode.

Thank you in advance.

Following this topic . Why has the remove friends option been taken away ?

2 Likes

Most people on my FS friends list aren’t linked to Xbox friends and I cant remove some people I don’t want on my friend list. is there a solution?

Seems that no one is able to help us. :frowning:

The thing is that when I click on “View Xbox Profile”, nothing happens on that specific friends.

The problem is that the one I want to remove seems to not even have a Xbox profile. When I click “View Profile”, nothing happens, only on that person. :expressionless:

1 Like

same issue for me, haven’t found how to do it!

No, not in sim.
You do that from the Xbox app.

Xbox App is something you can download from the Windows Store. Yes you purchased the game on steam, but you still use a microsoft account to actually play the game. You will need it to remove friends.

You could probably do it in a browser instead some xbox live website…

Steam still uses the Xbox app.

My apologies.
I was under the impression steam used xbox app as well, which is why I tried to help with that link.
You should though, probably be able to remove them through the steam app.

Simple answer – be antisocial and don’t make Friends – then you wont have to delete them when you fall out !!

or

Yes, you cannot delete your Friends from within MSFS, but, far more powerfully —

You could do what some have correctly suggested, install the X-Box app, (if you have not already), and you can Manage your friend list there …

AndrewJ5664 selected — one click on “Remove Friend” and he would be history !!

Note: They are NOT MSFS Friends, they are X-Box Friends …

1 Like

What would happen, if you went in a group session with the Xbox app installed, would it then pick up your friends?

Well, that is strange. I added a few Friends in MSFS, and they show up when I run the X-Box app, and LOG In. as you can see from the above screen shot .

If you have steam, have you liked you steam account when in the X-boz app ??

Its only showing a FEW of my MSFS friends … so something is not right .

I have no idea — maybe ask ZenDesk !!

same for me, you are not alone in this :wink:

There appear to be two classes of “friends” in the ingame MSFS friends list:

1. Those who are manually added by gamertag within MSFS
  2. Those who are friends by being in the external xbox friends list. “Friends” from this list will appear in the sim friends list, even if that friend does not own or use MSFS.

It is possible to remove “friends” from the ingame friend list if they are xbox friends (i.e. option 2 above) by removing them as friends within the xbox app. However, it seems for friends that are added by gamer tag within the sim there are currently no options to remove them from the friends list. This used to be possible but that option seems no longer currently available.

4 Likes

Ya I hope so too. I even tried creating a new xbox account and that didn’t work it kept the friends! Really annoyed!

Hello,

How to remove “friend” please ?

Some people are stupid and practice sort of online harassment by following you online from server to server, just to ■■■■ people off, it’s not normal that Microsoft and Asobo no longer provide basic features to protect people against online harassment.

Regards

2 Likes