Can't access VR menu after update

There is a workaround, It’s not perfect, but it’s simple enough. Use CTRL + 0 (zero). it will shift your view slightly, but you can just readjust the view. You can then use the UI when in VR.

1 Like

Well done to the community shame Asobo cant be as active . Do I also need my vr controllers unplugged as well .

I binded instrument view 10 and the toolbar to the same button and while it enables the mouse, it does not allow me to interact with the UI menus. I can call them up with the hotkeys I have set on my keyboard and I can zoom in and out of the VFR menu for example, but can’t move the box or close it.

I searched “left click” in the options and it’s assigned to Cockpit - Primary Interaction. I don’t know what else I could be missing here…

:frowning:

■■■■…I can’t even press anything in the ATC either…well this kills my weekend plans with this game…

Common VR is not broken. Im flying with VR controllers only. No any hatas and no mouse. The only thing that is really broken is Menue selection. But hell, who needs ATC? Enjoy some VFR probably there will be a hotfix for the menues.

1 Like

Thank you.

The CTRL 0 method works and it only needs to be done once inflight.
Everything works smooth afterwards

In my case whilst in that view my VR zoom then does not work. What I ended up doing was binding both Instrument View 10 and Reset Cockpit I believe it was to two buttons on my flight stick. Press one button and I can use the toolbars, press the other button and I can use the VR Zoom . At least works ok for me till hopefully they get a fix out sooner rather than later.

1 Like

For me Ctrl+0 kind of works as well, however then my view is an odd position. Any change to the view is blocking mouse cursor again.
However, solution:

and restarting flight fixes issues for me without side effects.

What is instrument view 10?
Might be a dumb question but I just could not find it …
Thanks.

It somehow worked for the VR toolbar menu. But if the sim is not in the Ctrl+0, then all mouse interaction gets broken (clicking, moving, switching, etc) a step forward but still not the perfect experience we had before.

Also homecockpit mode seating position is too far back compared to normal

With legacy interaction mode mouse not working too?

The Home Cockpit Mode ON seems the better of the workarounds. Oddly enough, with it ON, before entering VR, Ctrl-Tab doesn’t initiate VR - grrrr

If I’m in the general options window merely turning it OFF (not even saving) allows the ctrl-tab to work … weird. So turning it ON after entering VR seems necessary.

can you zoom in in “homecockpit mode” ?
I tried it and I can’t.
While this is okay for small GA Arcrafts, this unfortunately is not much help in a wide body airliner.

No … that’s the drawback … although you can always switch to one of the instrument views

Excellent !! … Thanks.

Biggest shock was seeing all the “Easy” options being set ON by Asobo for this update - why on Earth do they need to do that? Just don’t understand that.

The menu and cursor thing was sorted with Ctrl-0 straight away, so thanks for that tip.

2 Likes

I noticed they do that almost every update for me. :frowning: Especially the graphics settings are ALWAYS jacked up on a new build.

Why does this forum hijack “CTRL+F”. I was trying to search “CTRL+0” in this topic, and I have to search the whole forum :frowning:

When I turn it on I can access the toolbar but can’t press any of the buttons or knobs in the cockpit. Am I doing it wrong?