CaptainSim 777 - Takes liveries down, steals them and reuploads them

Hello! I would just like to let all the livery painters that have created custom liveries for captainsim’s ■■■■■■ 777 and uploaded them to anywhere else other than their ACE platform know, captainsim has taken down all liveries, downloaded them, and reuploaded them, without permission, to their platform.

Yes, they sell a scam and steal liveries from creators, what a nice dev!

Check the liveries they have stolen here: 777 Captain III Liveries

Their ace platform is being sold for 1 cent to force people buy their products. It’s an absurd as most of us were working for completely free.

57 Likes

92 Likes

Hello @Vanfipe

Post moved to #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft for better placement. Thanks.

1 Like

Wow, that’s a good way to alienate yourself from the flight sim community. Get bent CS.

35 Likes

Was thinking of picking this up, despite the bs systems, cause it’s my favorite plane. Zero chance now. Get absolutely ■■■■■■ CS.

15 Likes

Sounds like some livery makers need to be sending DMCA takedown requests and contacting the media.

20 Likes

Not only that, we are all boycotting captainsim and sharing the hashtage #BoycottCaptainSim

16 Likes

Here’s the list of liveries they have STOLEN. Yes, stolen. 777 Captain III Liveries

7 Likes

I hope all livery creators contact CS to get them taken off his platform where he is stealing them.

4 Likes

IFR Liveries no Twitter: “CS-B777 - CS True Colors (NEW) Now available: https://t.co/nye0Y8JhI1 https://t.co/NFWggmkR6g” / Twitter

4 Likes

They copy the system from asobo’s 747 and want to copyright claim other peoples work/steal? Wow just wow.

25 Likes

This is pathetic. Boycot their products, and to all livery creators: TAKE LEGAL ACTIONS

15 Likes

WTF

Did u see how captain “garbage” sim is demanding flightsim.to removing all the liveries now !!!

These guys are unbelievable and i will not spend one penny with them !!!

They have all “rights” on liveries for this ■■■■ !!
Let me guess … they want to “develop” a livery pack for €30 also !!!

Luckily the PMDG 777 is expected before the end of the year !

Horrible and a disgrace for the hobby !

11 Likes

Anyone working at CS not constantly throwing a tamper tantrum :joy:

3 Likes

Another fine example of their tremendous greed. How to kill your reputation in two easy steps. Garbage product made even less desirable.

14 Likes

They actually downloaded all liveries from Flightsim.to and placed them in their ACE system. Free content creation for them.

The perfect way of “how to trash your reputation within one day”. Their license idea of “every created livery is our property” is BS. Apple and Google could show up and say that they are claiming ownership of all apps created by 3rd parties.

8 Likes

What??? No way. That has to be illegal in several respects. You cannot just claim other’s work like that.
Do you have evidence of this? I believe if at least one of these creators takes it up with CaptainSim they have a viable case in court with a lawyer (unless CaptainSim has so deviously designed their terms of service)

3 Likes

Here is the LINK.

That’s funny :slight_smile:

So worried about faulty liveries for their faulty 777, but still publishing them :smiley:

1 Like

Wow.
I though I understood enough of this “developer” many posts up, but this is almost painful.

Basically what this person says on the forum is: “we got your artwork (which by the way is of low quality and you’ll need to update it), we’re offering it without your permission (and you still need to fix it according to what we say) and our own copyright policy applies to your work”.

And the copyright policy needs to be framed and hanged as a reminder to:

1. Never do things this way
  2. Get a lawyer that can actually help you write a copyright policy, if you need one
  3. Something can redefine certain usages of the word ‘toxic’.

I’d post a screenshot I took of their website, but I’m inclined to think that’s also not allowed, so you can have a look at this masterpiece of modern commercial literature here: Captain Sim – Copyright Policy
…point 9 man :scream:

4 Likes