CaptainSim 777 - Takes liveries down, steals them and reuploads them

This is entirely unenforceable unless FlightSim.to signed a contract with Captain Sim agreeing to those terms. I really hope this backfires on Captain Sim as this goes entirely against the interests of the MSFS community.

As I gather from the Captain Sim website, they have no licence to model or use Boeing aircraft or their name. I’d say it’s pretty hypocritical for Captain Sim to then behave like this.

I know Asobo want the marketplace to be buyer beware but there’s so many cash grabs like the 777 in there that it’s a nightmare for the average user unless you carefully read the reviews on the MSFS forums beforehand. Devs who behave like this don’t deserve to have exposure on the marketplace. But I know Asoby will never reconsider.

7 Likes

I would think they don’t stand a chance. But I’m no lawyer.

The silly thing is that this Captain Sim is doing the exact same thing with an Asobo product: slam their own faulty airplane over it. They have no problem doing it to products of someone else apparently. The only difference is that it isn’t free.

4 Likes

Asobo and Microsoft should not permit Captain Sim get in marketplace due “livery crisis”.

And for those who stil flying CS 777 a recomend IFR Livery Captain Sim True Colors by IFR Liveries

Edited hopefully Captain Sim is not on marketplace, so asking to not permit them on marketplace instead of ban them.

56 Likes

Bursting in tears laughing, great representation of captain sim!

4 Likes

That would actually look amazing in a massive group event flying a squadron of Asobo’s Boeing 747 over CS headquarters… too bad this ‘company’ doesn’t even list its business address on its own website.

Also, wonder if they’ll appropriate this livery like they did the rest :male_detective:

4 Likes

That release is really BAD, but having created a new meme is also priceless.

Captain Sim = why is freeware so much better than our planes?

3 Likes

Yeah, they are like “lets use Asobo’s property and make some money…we don’t need to ask them…wait…there are free liveries for our hybrid plane? CALL MY LAWYER!”.

7 Likes

WOW, this CS drama is becoming EPIC man, its not going to end well for them sorry. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Hey can we start a class action lawsuit because the doors don’t open. HAHA that’s against FAA regulations

6 Likes

And now we wait for the takedown notice from CaptainSim to Microsoft!! :rofl:

3 Likes

That was not on plan, but now it’s sound like a good plan

1 Like

Share this hashtag on twitter and let the games beging #BoycottCaptainSim

2 Likes

I am honestly at a loss from this story. I don’t remember this ever happened before.
“Сaptainsim threatens to sue the resource administration.”
What is the chance that the court will accept the claim?
But I am also worried that Сaptainsim will take over all the free liveries of other creators. It’s just stealing someone else’s products.

1 Like

They did already. They have re-uploaded all our liveries to their platform

1 Like

if they had been smarter, they could have marketed it as not an aircraft, but a new sort of scenery and put it on the FS2020 marketplace for well, the price of an airport and even included some AI static models to spice up airports a bit. Im no hater but …

1 Like

Hello Folks,

Posts were moved from the CS 777 review to here, to remain focused on the liveries issue. Let’s keep the conversations distinct. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’ll row a boat rather than use one of their ‘planes’.
98% someone else’s work - cheek to charge an elevated price and then pursue freeware folks from dressing it up a bit, and community websites from hosting it? Captainsim, you’re sunk. Call the lifeboats.

9 Likes

Just FYI those posts on the main thread were made before this thread so thanks for moving them

To be fair, perhaps people who are reading that thread should know that the developer is stealing liveries from the community? If CS is doing this with liveries, then who knows what other mods to improve their plane they’ll also try to lay a hand on? It’s directly pertinent because this sort of behavior on their part will kill most efforts from the community to improve their half-assed effort.

I don’t understand why they are doing this. If other people in other platforms, websites etc make free liveries, that only exposes your products to more customers, resulting in more potential sales. This lawsuit threat is not going to benefit CS at all, either financially or technically, imo.

7 Likes

A link was placed in the CS 777 Review Mod Note to this thread, so readers can follow it and remain informed.

7 Likes