Carenado Aircrafts - Your TOP 3

And thanks for all the replies. Going for the 337 today :wink:

3 Likes

Good choice. The Mooney is my favorite.

Now that MilViz has introduced the 310, my need for Carenado GA planes has dropped quite a bit.

2 Likes

I only own four, two of which are Local Legends/Famous Flyers made by Carenado.

I generally have no complaints with the Cessna 170. The Beech Staggerwing is beautiful but has a couple of minor bugs which have not been corrected (like the tail wheel lock switch not working right). The Beech 18 is brand new so I am still forming my impressions, but I generally like it aside from something weird seems to have happened with the elevator trim. All of them suffer from some bouncing on landing and ground-handling issues, which seem to be common to most taildraggers in the sim but which seem to be a bit worse in Carenadoā€™s releases than those of some other developers.

The WACO YMF is beautiful and enjoyable enough in the air but the ground handling issues are 10x worse, to the point of making the plane so irritating that I never use it anymore.

Yeah, i believe youre right. I think im pretty much done with GAā€™s. I have my big 5.

C337
Mooney
C310
350i
Bonanza

Not into airliners but i always get that (rope climb in middle school) feeling about turbo props. I have my otter, probably just get a Dash 8, or Saab 340 and ill be done unless its a omg gotta have.

2 Likes

My favorites are, in no particular order:
Staggerwing, D18 and the WACO

1 Like

Just got the 182 yesterday, & I regret it, not usable in VR. The view starts at floor level, & canā€™t adjust to see out of the windshield.

1 Like

Canā€™t speak for VR but a 2 second search on here found this;

Hope it helps.

I saw that, Iā€™m not seeing the same file structure in my setup as him.

C337 is my favourite in the US, but find I use the Piper Arrow for UK flying. Iā€™ve neglected the Mooney, so will use that more in future along with the othersā€¦

The JF Arrows are too good, as far as Iā€™m concerned - no choice to make there.

1 Like

I only have two Carenados so far, the Beech 18 (which I absolutely love) and the Piper Seneca (which is nice but I havenā€™t used it as much since the Flysimware Cessna 414 came out). Really looking forward to their Pilatus PC-12 unless SWS releases their PC-12 first.

Iā€™d wait for the SimWorks Studios PC-12. Iā€™d bet money it will be hands down far superior in every way but graphic fidelity, at which Carenado seems to excel.

1 Like

SimWorks comes closeā€¦

1 Like

They do at that. The Kodiak in VR is pretty amazing.

1 Like

You probably made your choice already, but hereā€™s my list:

1. Skymaster
  2. Staggerwing
  3. Mooney

-eelis-

1 Like

1: Beech 18

2: Arrow iii

3: Cessna 337

1 Like
  1. Seneca V
  2. M20 Mooney Ovation
  3. 337 Sky master
2 Likes

Good info in this thread, I was also thinking of buying another Carenado plane and was trying to decide. I have the Staggerwing and Model 18 and love the Staggerwing, havenā€™t flown enough yet in 18 but my 2 flights so far I have enjoyed with her.

I think I will now get the Mooneyā€¦

3 Likes

I got the Mooney!

2 Likes

Iā€™m excited to try it out!

1 Like