Carenado announced Cessna 337 Skymaster

I have to work this morning so can’t login to the sim… is the Skymaster still not in the store?

I was hoping to learn a new plane this weekend.

I looked about half an hour ago, and I couldn’t see it. I will consider this a learning experience. :wink:

1 Like

If they follow thier typical schedule, we will likley not see it before 17:00 CET.

Oh ok. I thought we got updates on Thursday. Good to know.

EDIT: It’s up, go go go!

2 Likes

It’s available now, who dares first?

-eelis-

2 Likes

@BostonJeremy77 :eyes:

1 Like

Keeping an eye out for impressions although these issues with slow updates is making me pause regardless

I’ll go but I’m still working for a few more hours! LOL

I’ve had no problems with 2 planes they have in the marketplace. Not raving about Carenado, but what problems are you having???
You come here to complain but can you be more specific? Seems like i’m missing something!

2 Likes

Even all little Patches that came mondays or so, where online at 17:00 CET. But this time it seemed not be the case.

Same here, love the Seneca and the price is right for this C337 :smiley: heading there right now!!

Well… I guess I’m overreacting a little. My main gripe is with the GPS in the C170. It’s been broken since SU6. The other is the Seneca’s weather radar. The rest is admittedly small stuff that shouldn’t really matter … normally. But especially because of some bad experiences in the past I’ve become a little sensitive to stuff like that and I lack trust into Carenado.

1 Like

I’ve gone for it and so far so good … but where is the tablet it refers to?

I have the Mooney and it was easy to find but with the 337 not so, unless I missed it.

Anyone found the tablet? … and can explain where it is?

Thanks!

underneath right door

1 Like

Fantastic - I will have another hunt later!

Almost reminds me of the time I went flying in a mate’s plane (for real, a SA Bulldog) and dropped a memory card in the cabin … took ages to find it!

Thanks very much.

1 Like

That sounds more like Carenado! They could do much better but in many cases there stuff is acceptable. The fix bugs but can always leave some annoyances unfixed. They don’t purport to be what some people call “Study Level”.
I can’t speak to the C170 as I don’t own it but it could be partly the fault of MS/Asobo.

1 Like

To me so far , exceptional quality as usual for the details and textures. Same usual bugs that I’m used to with Carenado but I don’t really mind because they are minor. In VR, double mouse pointer so need to close one eye :wink: Other than that I’m happy :smiley:

edit: the throttle 1 and 2 , are inverted… same for mixture and RPM, my throttle 1 control engine 2 and Throttle 2 controls engine 1… lol it’s a bit silly but hey, still fun to fly hehe

edit 2 : Heading and course knob turns 10 degrees at a time… but if you hold right click while turning, you get the 1 degree increment…(I use legacy interaction mode)

3 Likes

Just did a 30min flight around KGJT. I found nothing wrong with this plane. The A/P is very basic but does work. For $25 I’m glad i got it.

7 Likes

Exactly what I mean. It’s always a little bit of a bad feeling with Carenado. And if I decide to buy and then something brakes with an SU I’m annoyed at myself, because there won’t be a fix any time soon, and because I should’ve known better. On the other hand their planes are really pretty and nice to use (as long as they work). It’s always a mixed bag with them.

The C170 may have been a problem with MS/Asobo in September when SU6 came out. That was almost 4 months ago. I’m reasonably sure they could’ve fixed it, if they’d bothered.

I’m especially confident about that, since they seem to have had close ties with Asobo from the beginning. After all they were the first ones to bring any aircraft to MSFS. The C182T was published almost with the launch of the game in August 2020 and the Mooney came shortly after that. Other devs were still more or less clueless at that time and were trying to figure out the SDK.

1 Like