Carenado PC-12

Put a semicolon in front of the appropriate line. Before doing this, please save the panel.cfg in the directory:

[Vcockpit16]
size_mm=640,480
pixel_size=640,480
texture=$AVIDYNE_Screen
;zorder=15

;htmlgauge00=NavSystems/Carenado/EX500/EX500.html, 0,0,640,480

You must select the correct panel.cfg: If you decide to use the PMS50 GTN with WTT mode, then the panel.cfg should be edited in that particular mod from pms, otherwise the panel.cfg is in the official MSFS folder to choose.

2 Likes

Anyone else having issues with none of the avionics not working? All black screens. Tried a restart snd also using the cockpit settings in terms of from cold and dark following check list, ready for taxi and ready for take off

Thx a lot for your info. Indeed I use the PMS50 GTN but didnt find a panel.cfg for this…only the one you mentioned

Try Carenado PC-12 - #1352 by Swinden64

Bought this product yesterday
Tested on 3 identical flights from LIMC to LIPZ on xbox series X (Flights lasted more or less 1 hour, gate to gate)
weather: few clouds default.
AI traffic : disabled
Rolling cache: disabled
Only addon used were LIPZ from Beautiful model of the world and LIML from Jetstream Design.
Started with smooth flight and good fps (apart sporadic stutters on entry departure rwy 18 at LIML)
During Landing (more or less 5 miles on final) FPS started to drop (FPS not shown on xbox but i think no more than 10fps). Avidane was kept OFF.
FPS dropped identically on final in each of the 3 flights tested (so i think it is a reproducible issue).
Tested the same route withwith same settings using the Honda Jet and the 414 Chancelor: FPS on LIPZ final were largely better, with smooth flight experience.
There is definetly something wrong with this XBox addon.
just my two cents on this.
All the best

Thanks for the test info.

Could you repeat it without the airport addons? You can uninstall them from the marketplace and reinstall later. A real test needs to eliminate all variables, and run different comparisons.

funny now you mention it my fps drops were on flights over 2 hours but always on descent/final
avidyne off

havent tested the disable hack yet

Fixed It For You (would have written FIFY, except for the stupid 10 character rule… sigh)

If the developer does all the right things… a high proportion of developers don’t even bother to change the revision in the manifest.json, so, as @Sonicviz says, don’t trust anything…

Personally, I like to use Winmerge for DIFFing…

So when I move the prop axis lever, I hear a noise coming from somewhere in the cockpit. Is something actually moving that might be animated as well?
thx!

I have now tested the PC-12 again after the update, but the fps performance is still poor. These fps drops during flight, mostly towards the end, I only have with the PC-12 from Carenado and with the KA 350i from Blacksquare.

Too bad, because I like both planes very much.

1 Like

I havent flown the PC12 in a while, but it might exactly be the case. I would have to check that myself if I find the time.

Yes,same here and rather strange since the there is no prop lever in the PC-12.

I still had a prop axis assigned on my Honeycomb throttle and the PC-12 seems to react to movements of that axis what it shouldn’t do.

I read about this before and i unbound the prop axis. It behaved a whole lot different after this. I would encourage everyone to do this

so ok,
i ve done a few tests without addons (xbox series X).
every flight was done with a flightplan and lasted more or less an hour and half from startup to engine shutdown
every test led to same results:
the flight starts smoothly and ends with A LOT of FPS drop and stutters.
Avidine kept off in all tests but one. (when avidane was left on
, FPS at the end of flight were similar to those of a commodore 64 sim​:joy::joy::joy:).
tried switching off engines instruments while taxing on arrival airports but no FPS gain.
It has nothing to do with the scenery. It is the code of the aircraft.
Really Hope that sooner or later Carenado will optimize it……it is a fun aircraft to fly!
until then, the PC12 is definetly parked in my hangar…….:sob::sob:
all the best

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the rudder trim on this aircraft? I haven’t found a way yet.

That’s great. Detailed comparison information like that is really valuable.

You should definitely submit that to Carenado via their ticket system so it doesn’t just get lost in the forum noise. This isn’t an official support channel anyway, it’s just discussion.

https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Set your keybinds for Control Trimming Surfaces
Rudder trim right
Rudder trim left
Rudder trim reset

If you CTRL 1 instrument view the tims are top left of the center console.
Rudder already looks like green default is “zeroed” to the right already, so you don’t need to set it for takeoff (unless it’s not in the green). Adjust as needed by the keybinds. They work for me.

Afaik PC-12 Rudder trim is auto in real life when Yaw Damper is on, but that doesn’t seem to be modelled.

See : Manual Trim, Autopilot Trim or “Auto Trim”?

Thanks. I will have another look at my keybinds. I think I am using the standard keybinds for rudder trim that I am using for most other aircraft but I don’t see the trim indicator moving from the takeoff position. It is not really an issue for flying the plane because the yaw damper is engaged immediately after takeoff and disengaged just before landing. (Perhaps autotrim is indeed modelled?) Anyway I will check my bindings to see why it doesn’t appear to be working.

I tested my rudder trim keybinds and they were changing the rudder trim, so I would double check which keyboard preset you have selected.