Carenado PC-12

Well I have a Honeycomb Alpha yoke and I am using rocker switches on the yoke which work for other aircraft but I will check them again.

Double check using the keyboard keybinds I mean, in the first instance, just to confirm you can change the rudder trim with standard input. If they work, and yoke doesn’t, well…there’s the problem.

Yes. Good idea. Thanks.

MSFS HudBar » Microsoft Flight Simulator is a neat onscreen hudbar you can configure to show different readouts, including trims with a quickreset function (also for aileron trim).

Did Carenado reshape the winglets in a recent update? I know their PC-12 model had the “biglets” from the PC-12/41 initial variant ever since FSX but some recent screenshots I’ve seen have shown a smaller raked winglet that seems more correct for the /47 variant they claim to be modelling. Am I crazy?

2 Likes

My PC12 seems to be performing pretty well lately. Only complaint from me is the steering during taxi feels very sensitive. Other than that its pretty sweet.

2 Likes

I didn’t notice anything different on the winglets.

1 Like

I am trying to figure things out, any help would be apprcieated.

I have the latest version installed, I still get the fps-drop problem after about 1 hours flight.

Did they say they fixed that? Everything else works fine, in contrast this does not happen with any other planes, inluding the PMDG planes or Fenix a320…

Thank you

How is this aircraft, any word on the sws version… been quite tempted for this stop gap, worth it? Will it do vnav like the c208 does now with the default avionics

with reference to the fps problem, up to 40 minutes of flight it’s fine instead randomly I get black screens, I reported it several times to Carenado
to tell the truth honda jet also have problem with black screens or system ctd is suffering a lot ,both system and third party airports ,
i’m on xbox s
at the moment they are the 2 aircraft with the most problems of this type

1 Like

To be fair, others have stated that they do not have fps-problems after an hour flight, others like my self do have that issue, so it seems like a hit or miss.

The aircraft itself is like any other Carenado aircraft, nice textures etc…I do not think it has Vnav capability, at least not that I can see, I looked for it but could not find it. I should say that I use the PMS GTN-750 with it.

My advice would be to wait. The SWS one will look better, sound better, fly better, and is made by a developer that updates it’s products pretty regularly.

5 Likes

Waiting is sooo hard to do……

2 Likes

How do you know so much about an airplane that isn’t even on the homepage of the developer you mentioned?

2 Likes

I mean you can look at their other products… which have been good. And we see and hear from the dev every week on their discord. I am sure it will be a good product.

Because there is quite a lot of information on it on their Discord. And I think the developer is an excellent, accomplished developer with a good track record. And, really, I was offering my opinion. It’s just that. An opinion. If people don’t listen to my opinion, fair enough, that’s their right.

Sorry if I’ve missed any valid reasons there, I was struggling to think somewhat whilst simultaneously trying to ascertain why you were being passive aggressive in your response to me.

You have yourself a nice day now. :+1:

I tend to agree with you. We can only review products that are on the market today, not ones that may or may not come in the future - it’s not helpful to speculate or make assumptions about the quality of a product that hasn’t arrived yet - we can be surprised either way…

1 Like

I’ve been flying mine lately for many hours. Not one bug nothing. Its perfect at the moment for me.

I use ILS, VORs and GPS. No stutters no frame rate drops.

3 Likes

I’ve been following the SWS build for a while. I will expect that plane when I see it. They’ve made almost no progress on it and they keep pushing back the expected date. So don’t hold your breath.
I will buy one though when its out.

There is a big difference between having an opinion and making a claim. When I have an opinion, I say it explicitly. I think that’s fair. In addition, I do not find any aggression in my question. Maybe you read something into it.