Cerasim Mi17

I’m going to ping Cera by the end of this month (March) if we don’t see any updates from their side. They are claiming be doing a major update across the board for this aircraft. Here’s hoping.

1 Like

I’m looking for volunteers WITH SU15 BETA to test the governor fix, any takers? If this works, I think we’re ready to release

1 Like

We have 95% NR maintained on SU15 beta

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m waiting for the 4K paint kit in the update to make the pack public

4 Likes

Have you approached Cera with your fixes, just to see if they can also incorporate them into their…presumably…forthcoming update?

An offer would 1) ensure that an issue is fixed, 2) help them if they are stuck for some reason, and 3) ensure that you don’t have to re-config your own user updates if/when their update is released.

Nice to see you here!
I grabbed most of these (except the top one, Yamal) from your discord a few weeks ago while impatiently waiting for updates from Cera, and they look great. Relaly looking forward to using them with the helicopter as it evolves in the future!

1 Like

I tried to communicate with Cera Sim on Facebook but received no replies. I communicate with two real pilots and of course we found a huge number of errors and inaccuracies. Most of the bugs and issues are listed on this forum, so I didn’t post anything to them separately. It is enough that they fix the main known problems. I’m also looking forward to the 4K paint kit since with 2K it’s impossible to put instructions and labels on and in the cockpit. I don’t like the way EHSI works - there is no horizontal profile for instrumental approaches. There is no way to set the pressure in hectopascals on the altimeter. The shock-absorbing struts of the main support in the unloaded position are too short, the barometric altimeter with a division value of 1 foot instead of 10, so 1 lap takes 100 instead of the usual 1000, pressure gauges do not work from the battery and the included converter, only from generators, in the pneumatic system there is a regular pressure gauge, directly indicating, not electric, when there is rotation of the propeller, the system is pumped up and an indication of pressure should appear, even if the helicopter is not energized. There is no heating for the 2 windshields that have windshield wipers. The armor plate of the sliding blister must be riveted to it and, accordingly, when it is opened or reset, it moves with it.

1 Like

The transponder does not synchronize with the IVAO client.
The switching of the near-drive radio station freezes periodically.
It is very difficult to establish a squawk with this system of interactions.
Terrible sounds, or rather their inauthenticity
I can go on and on about this list, but I don’t see any feedback from Cera Sim. I hope that the situation will change because this helicopter is very much appreciated in the community.

At the moment I am using a fixed flight model and a working trimmer with this mod. This is enough to fly from point A to B.

also cyclic settings

2 Likes

It is very unfortunate the way CeraSim is handling the customer support after the release of the Mi17, I had the idea that it was a company that provided good support but so far they have been incredibly bad.

2 Likes

Community testing in the form of a mod seems like a good way to tune the improvements before potentially merging into official update, if Cera is interested

The thing is that they seem not to be responding… Whereas just after release, they seemed very communicative and willing to enlist help of the community. I hope this is not another case of an esteemed developer going cash-grab

1 Like

They seemed responsive via email when I last pinged them but I don’t want to bother them too much. Can’t speak to Facebook responsiveness (though apparently they aren’t), and they obviously aren’t in the forums. Again, direct email worked for me, but your milage may vary.

Cash grab or not, the mod will be on flightsim.to soon. If cerasim will want to merge it in and build on it, I’m not against it

Fantastic machine!

I don’t have real experience but some time at real sim MI171 with all what real one has and can say that feeling is very good, although I don’t have close to real control available at home. Very positive feeling on lift off, also did many tests as roll only on front wheel with speed, hammer-head turns, navigation. Simply very good feeling from my side. I’ve copy this mini update to it (in this thread as Google drive 7z package) and don’t know exactly where changes has been made but feeling is more better at low speed manoeveurs. Really I’m very impressed with this model, very good feeling and it feels simply little bit heavy, as it needs to be. Hope an update will be prepared and also some corrections can be implemented, hope positivelly due maybe sim capable. Very good work!

What is very good also, with approaching ground at landing it simply don’t sit because air flowing under heli do its job and heli is simply stop going down permanently, it needs some good handling with change of controls.

Update: yes, with this little update here, it feels more stable without to do more interventions to control. To my feeling, previous original cfg is more realistic but I’ll stay with this now for more tests. I did also tests with weight closely to max and heli feels very different with performance :slight_smile: interesting experience. Just one screenshot from today flight, position LZPP Piestany airport.

Yeah, that’s pretty important about cyclic settings :wink:

BTW! To get intended results with my stuff, set full cyclic range and no curve/linear input. At least that’s how I callibrated it - extended stick, 0% extremity dead zone, 0% curve.

If you have a shorter, desktop sized stick some extremity dead zone may be needed, but I recommend starting from full range and adjusting from there

Got this today from Cera!

Thank you for reaching out to us. It is correct to say that we are working on updates every day, and we continue to do so. Currently, we have addressed several issues, including the anti-ice windshield effect, cabin lights with errors in the 3D model, double armor plate, multiplayer rotor animation, and warning light flickering, etc… We’ve also fine-tuned the cockpit details in 3D.

Our delay is due to the decision to repaint some cabin components, which is a time-consuming process. Additionally, we have removed the use of the right mouse button for three-position switches. Furthermore, we are actively working on implementing the autopilot, although the results are not yet as expected. We refrain from providing a release date to avoid setting false expectations. Our update is a major one, and that’s why it has taken this time.

Regards,

Cera Sim Team

5 Likes

I’m missing any references to flight model in all of this

3 Likes

I recommend emailing them directly through the contact info on their website (not through social media) to see if they can address your concerns.

They emailed me back within 24 hours.

Freeware release first. This isn’t just about me. Some of the solutions are, to put it mildly, built on the work of other devs, that have agreed to a freeware mod release.

Putting it at exclusively the doorstep of a payware developer is not the same.

the anti-ice windshield effect,

Good. I like using Live weather. I wonder if they applied it to all of the glass or just the two panes with the wipers? (I’m good either way, just curious)

cabin lights with errors in the 3D model, warning light flickering

Oh good. Wonder if they’ll also do something about the minimum brightness being blindingly bright.

Our delay is due to the decision to repaint some cabin components

Yeaaaa the interior textures need attention so I’m glad they are taking the time to do this.

we have removed the use of the right mouse button for three-position switches.

I think I’m the only person who enjoyed that. It works like DCS. But I guess I’m the only one who unbound zoom from right mouse by default. I understand why it’s so frustrating for other people but I’ll miss it.

Furthermore, we are actively working on implementing the autopilot

But why? I mean yea it eventually should get the AP channels implemented, but I’m a little confused as to why that’s a priority right now.

I’d rather them spend time fixing issues with the electrical systems, fuel configuration, and sound config, before they go adding an AP on top. Right? Like fix what you already delivered before you add more.

Also the flight model needs work, but I’m less concerned with it right now since DinoPete’s FM Overhaul is so fantastic. But eventually they need to fix that too.

Anyway, nice to get an update. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like