Cessna 172 Amphib landing gear does not retract

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. No

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Retracting the landing gear after takeoff does not animate on the plane, even though the indicator lights show retracted or extended.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Simply take off and retract the gear.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

SU5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No

Are you sure? It worked last I checked. The small wheels at the front move in/out.

Having the same issue - Windows Store Version.

Its working here as well, big wheels go up then the front ones retract. I did notice one flight they re-deployed, but it only happened once and I cant be sure that I didnt accidently hit the gear button.

Same issue, MS Store version.

The gear seems to be “up”, even though visually nothing changes (hear the gear noises, lights indicate correctly, but in outside view nothing changes). Affects Skyhawk and Cub versions.

1 Like

I had the issue, it disappeared when I removed the old “G36 improvement project” mod.

1 Like

Working fine in my end too - ensure the retracting/extending system is on.

(there is a small switch on the panel next to the gear handle. If the system is powered the lights show the wheel status)

No problem here (no mods). Main gear retract, then forward gear retract.
Regards

Issue has not repeated since my first two experiments. I don’t know what could have fixed it.

Yes this should help^
Remove this mod or if it won’t help remove every other mod from your community folder and try again.

I also have had the problem that the gear won’t go up in all Amphibian Planes.

The solution for me was to remove the “z-bonanza-g36-improvement-project” (Version 0.6) from the community folder and now it works.

I created a clean community folder empty of all add-ons. Everything now works fine.

1 Like

I can confirm that. Disabling the Bonanza G36 Improvement Mod remedied the problem. Tested with V0.6.2

1 Like

Okay, emptied the community folder and problem sorted. There was the Bonanza mod somewhere in there so I suspect that was the culprit.

Now how about water rudders that WORK ? :roll_eyes:

So how can Rob Young’s Bonanza mod possibly impact the gear animation on the amphibians? (I confirmed that this is indeed the case btw)… Can the Bonanza mod be adjusted so that it stops interfering?

You’re confusing two mods : “G36 Improvement mod” and “Robert Young’s G36 Turbo mod” ; Robert Young was not part of the team that released the former mod.

As to why it’s impacting the C172 Amphibian wheels … The mod is probably locally carrying a copy of a stock Asobo file, therefore hiding the updated version of the same file in SU5.

Robert Young’s mod was the conflicting item for me… and I am still baffled that an airplane that I am not flying can impact an airplane that I am flying… (?)

Both mods cause this issue. If you have one of them installed uninstall it and problem solved. In my case it was the Rob Young’s mod too.
I also wonder why a Bonanza mod can cause an issue in the Cessna, that’s weird.

I figured it out… The Bonanza mod includes an “exterior.xml” file that overwrites the default. Removing that file and the layout reference to it, fixes the issue.

So we can delete the ModelBehaviourDefs folder?
Where do I find this layout reference?