Cessna T-37 Tweet

A beautiful freeware model for the Cessna T-37B Tweet to be found on FS2:

there was even a paintkit! work in progress:
Screenshot (1446) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1447) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

Screenshot (1448) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

7 Likes

I flew this last night and was thoroughly impressed with it. Itā€™s freeware so you canā€™t expect perfection, but for the handsome price of $0 you get a nice looking, very flyable little jet with excellent visibility. Itā€™s perfect for aerobatics and high G maneuvers. A dev to keep an eye on!

4 Likes

Took it for a quick spin and itā€™s great for an initial release. Looking forward to how this one turns out.

Does it have the ear splitting engine whine? :wink:

I was stationed at Sheppard AFB where they flew the Tweets. I couldnā€™t believe how loud they were.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll know after I unpack it. (Just finished the update processā€¦) I was at Dyess back in the 80ā€™s and I remember how wearing earplugs and muffs werenā€™t enough when those things rolled by at idle. And Iā€™m betting every dog within two miles was howling!

2 Likes

The aircraft best known for turning JP-4 into noise! For anyone that was ever a student in it, do you still have bruises from the IP doing the stick shake between your knees to get your attention??!! But if it was your first ā€œreal planeā€, it was heaven. A ā€œJETā€ and you got to look cool taxiing across the Randolph AFB ramp waving at the car traffic that was stuck behind the stop sign waiting for you to clear the way!
Regards

5 Likes

This aircraft is a must.
Sound needs to improve, the Turbomeca MarborƩ is very noisy specially in the ground. Accustomed to hear Hispano HA 200 Saeta.

1 Like

Has anybody got the VOR navigation to work? Iā€™ve set a VOR freq and corresponding Channel per charts and set the radio knob to DME but VOR needle does not activate and the digital DME is on, but no data displayed, just yellow astericks. Also wondering if the Aircraft could use a PMS750 and key bindings for autopilot.

I uploaded two paints for the Tweet:
white version:

Tweet 05 by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

and bare metal

978 (0005) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

8 Likes

Got 'em, thanks so much!
Havenā€™t had a chance to fly them yet (Iā€™ve spent the last week cleaning out / updating my community files, reorganizing all my downloads so I can start installing stuff, and working on my own development stuff (trying to get some more airports out)), but they are installed :).

I need to post some pictures of me flying your paints!

Excellent pice of freeware total respect for the maker , flys a treat and switches and buttons , very similar to the provost jet from xp and fsx with an extra engine :grin:

Oopsā€¦

2 Likes

Superb freeware & extremely fun to fly. There are not to many freeware aircraft Iā€™ve come back to want to fly more, but this is definitely one of them, it really is a must download if you havenā€™t flown it already.

New version: V1.1 has just been released.(27 Mar 23)

re VOR, I tuned it in and rotated the dial until you see the VOR vertical line go to centre which gives you the TO/FROM radial so it does work along with DME read out in the digital gauge.

1 Like

My VOR navigation does not pick up a VOR with freq and DME set. I must have some mod that is causing a disconnect. Does anybody have any suggestions?

No deflection at all are the cross hairs just sitting central with no ā€˜TO/FROMā€™ text? I get deflection that I can then rotate dial to see what radial Iā€™m on. Maybe temporarily hide Community folder. I do have GTN750 there with no issues. No other GPS mods though other than the in game WT garmins etc. This aircraft has no GPS/AP though so not sure why it would impact it.

There appears to be a new update out : V1.1.1
Fixed : right altimeter
Fixed : ident switch & init G-load button animating together

If you have Navigraph data installed in the community folder via the Navigraph NavData manage it messes with the VOR/DME instrument. I have to delete those folders to get the VOR to work. Apparantly those folders superseede the MSFS data and conflict on this aircraft.

I have navigraph installed. I used it while flying this aircraft with the in game panel to look up VOR frequencies. Have you updated the AIRAC? There was a new one released recently.

Here is a screengrab. VOR tuned in (117.8, set to DME). Course shows position as close to 295deg radial from VOR a distance of 36.5 miles. Navigraph in game panel open.

1 Like

I have had the latest cycle 2303 installed. There is navdata separately installed for Aerosoft CRJ.
I had no other mods in the community folder. When I removed the navdata files in the community folder things worked. I havenā€™t had the Navigraph panel installed.

I usually update everything at same time so CRJ, 737, main game and any updates including panel. There have been a fair few updates with Navigraph recently including in game panel, data center and AIRAC. Iā€™m all up to date though. Weā€™re on 2303 rev1 latest AIRAC.

I checked with Navigraph and they said you have to have 2303 rev 6 to get TACAN stations. The werenā€™t in previous version due to frequency limitations of BGL building.