Checking Ground or Terrain Spikes

I found my first “spike” while exploring Patagonia: west of 050°58’59"S 72°57’59"W

Very nice area near Torres del Paine!

`Terrain errors in Samedan.

ASOBO should know where this is… but why bother fixing it while you can generate interest on marketplace stuff and ad some “eyecandy” until the xbox release?

1 Like

More spikes. These are at N46, off the end of 26. There are some traditional green spikes, as well as some transparent brush-covered spikes.

2 Likes

Mayan prophecies:
the Guatemala highlands are full of alien spikes, this cluster is between MGSU & MGSL

repent, the end of the world is near!

2 Likes

I’d like to be, Under the sea, In an octopus’ garden
We would be warm, Below the storm, In our little hideaway, Beneath the waves
We would sing, And dance around, Because we know, We can’t be found…

Norway after WU5 @ 61.85504109382818, 8.879555813713857

gives you an idea about the mesh…

1 Like

Just ran into some strange rendering artifacts. It started with some objects in the sky but some triangles extended way into it as well. It’s the first time I saw this kind of glitch

https://youtu.be/DBpDdiEGbFs

Hi @saschpe,
Do you know the coordinates?

Not exactly. I would have to go there again…

after the half hearted Scandinavia update
Sweden

yep I saw those around Dragon’s Gate

Hello ,
I thought we got rid of spikes !! Unfortunately they are back ! :frowning_face:
Today i did a flight around ENFG in Norway , this is after the Latest WA 5 !
At approximately 10nm West of the Airfield i Noticed a Huge Spike ( I saw One and as i got closer they became 2 and then 3 Spikes ) .

Any idea what is going On ?

Hi @meh1951!
The photos/location of the ones in the water (the first 4 you posted), could you post those here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/glitches-raised-waterways-height-issues-in-waterways-lakes-rivers-bays/367334

This topic is strictly for ground spikes - like your last photo. :wink: If you haven’t already, make sure you submit to Zendesk.

Thank you much!

MODERATOR EDIT: This post merged into this topic.

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Huge anomaly to the West of Smithton (YSMI) in Tasmania, easily seen from the airport.
This has been reported previously and it was stated in February that it would be fixed in the next update, but it is still present.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Found my first terrain spikes this week. Same as reported by Spit 83 above on March 27th. So these have been there for some time now. Just south of Portmahomack in Scotland and very close to Ballone Castle Airstrip. Coordinates: 57.829879,-3.833676

I flew from Guatemala into Mexico yesterday and noticed a lot of spikes there around the border:

1 Like

currently flying the patagonia bushtrip, the leg from SCAZ to SCDW. Found these spikes looking towards the South from the ISLA Dawson instruction (poi6 in the navlog).

they’re pretty big and obvious when you’re flying this leg of the bushtrip. they should be at 54° 24’ 48,02" S 70° 20’ 7,75" W

1 Like

I was unpleasantly surprised by the spikes in the landscape around Kirkenes today. Of course it’s possible that they are part of that landscape, but they do seem very much out of place. However, contrary to the spike problem in December 2020, these peaks show up on the G1000 and they don’t disappear when you are close to them.

Cheers, Marc

Torres del Paine National Park spikes ASOBO! Right smack dab on the spot

I’ve got several spikes at that same location, and you basically fly straight past them during the Bush Flight in Patagonia, the leg from SCNT to SAWC. There’s also a few areas there with very blocky tree placement.

this one is about 5 to 10 minutes away from landing at SAWC. Not as jarring as those massive spikes though, especially since the glaciers, lakes and other bits of the mountains there look absolutely stunning most of the time.