Community Fly-In Friday: World Tour Stage 1: Kitty Hawk to Washington

We will be hosting an Official Fly-in alongside a group of community members (you!) on Twitch. This is an open event, free to all who would like to fly along with us and available to pilots of all skill levels. The goal is to have a great time, explore new locations of the world, and make new friends. This event is open to pilots on both the PC and Xbox platforms.

Hosted by @SeedyL3205, @Jummivana, @simtom2, @FlyingCookie650, @AlyKatz, and SimFlightPro
When: Friday, December 15 @ 1900Z for two hours.
2023-12-08T19:00:00Z
Where: The Official Twitch Channel of MSFS

There will also be a Discord event channel open for those who want to voice chat with other members of the community.

Please see below for details on the upcoming Fly-In Event:

FLIGHT DETAILS

On December 17, 1903, two brothers stood atop a hill near Kitty Hawk, North Carolina and changed the world forever.

To celebrate this momentous event, our Community Fly-In Friday this week will start at the birthplace of flight, the site of the Wright Brothers’ first flight in Kill Devil Hills!

This event will also serve as Stage 1 of our new series, the Community Fly-In Friday World Tour! Departing from Kitty Hawk, we will spend many, many weeks flying to the capital cities of every UN member state in one continuous flight plan!

Pilots on PC can download the .pln file here:
2023-12-15 World Tour Stage 1 Kitty Hawk to Washington.PLN (3.4 KB)

We will be starting at KFFA. Please load your aircraft 10 minutes prior to take off and taxi over to the runway in preparation for departure.

AIRCRAFT

Recommended aircraft: for this flight, we’re recommending planes like the Cessna 172, CubCrafters X or NX Cub, Pipistrel Virus, or any other plane of your choice that can cruise at about 115 knots or greater.

MULTIPLAYER SETTINGS

Please adhere to the following settings so you can see everyone / be seen by everyone.

Variable Setting
Server SE Asia
Multiplayer All Players
Live traffic As preferred
Weather Few Clouds
Time of Day Daytime

It is advised in this flight to turn off both aircraft collisions and terrain collisions. If you do crash, you can use “slew” mode to join the pack. If the pack will be too scattered before the first stop, we will use slew on a defined point to regroup.

COMMUNICATION

To communicate with others, a voice channel on the "Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Discord” at https://discord.gg/msfs will be available to join.

LET’S FLY

This is meant to be a fun and informal flight. Everybody is welcome, no matter the amount of experience.

12 Likes

Interesting new series that I look forward to! With 193 UN member states, seems there will not be a lack of community flights for some time :wink:

2 Likes

This is awesome! Very much looking forward to it!

1 Like

Great idea! Looking forward to it!

Originally my flight wasn’t until Saturday due to my work schedule.

A funny thing happened, work let me go, schedule freed up so I took to the skies to get away from everything, and enjoy. I can’t wait to continue our trip around the world.

1 Like

I’ve been flying this in DCS for ages so I couldn’t help myself with its release for MSFS.

Some formation flying with this Pilatus trainer

Just a tad of flap to maintain slow flight with these twins.

Jester ready to pull Seedy up on radar.

And ran into another Tomcat to do some formation flying until the end

Awesome flight, thanks all!

6 Likes

How it was in 2021:

How it is going now:

Happy holidays all, glad to watch these every week. Can’t wait for 2024!

5 Likes

As this is the last community flight of 2023, thank you so much @SeedyL3205 and all the guests of the community flight events for providing such a great event on a weekly basis with such a friendly community of fellow flight simmers. My MSFS experience would simply not be the same without this amazing weekly meet-up!

No better way to mark such an occasion then where it all started: Kitty Hawk. I look forward to the many upcoming community flights visiting all 193 UN member state capitals.

6 Likes

Figured the start of a World Tour would be a good opportunity to start flying along myself instead of just watching the stream. Glad to bring the Vision Jet along. My touch and go’s need a bit of work. Looking forward to continuing in the New Year.

Many thanks to the community team. Enjoy the holidays everyone.

4 Likes

As usual, a great Flyday evening. Thanks, everyone.

I’m glad not to have missed the first flight of this grand undertaking we’ve now embarked on. Especially because I could bring the usual chopper, which I guess won’t be the case for many of the upcoming flights.

Have a great holiday, you all, and an excellent new year.

(Last picture: after having broken at least as many federal laws as Seedy, I might as well go ahead and p*** off the Pentagon.)

5 Likes