Constant CTD after update 1.12.13.0

Getting the Premium Version…
After Every flight CTD. I read the most whole Threads in this forum.
Turn of every OC on CPU and GPU. Rolling back GPU drivers… Optimizing system SSD.
Expanding Page File… Nothing helps Sim Crashes Randomly on flight …

ASOBO that s not funny at all.

Now its Time to wait for February for the next packet of fixes …
Thats not acceptable

1 Like

Micha, we all now, that Asobo isn´t responsible for the MOD´s. But lokk this threads, there are so many CTD with and without MOD. And, the MOD and MSFS works very well, before the last update.
Roland

Hi Mike, no I didn´t. Is it better?

Not sure. It is one of the things I did and was finally able to complete a flight:
Latest dev, all other mods out, increased virtual memory, switched AI off.

But this can not be the Thing, with AI off. I have no other MOD´s any Liveries.

Asobo should make there Sim first stable toplay and then bring content… When the bring more contend and the fixes crash it could be more complicatet to fix them…

What have i with lots of content and eye candy when the sim crashes on the end of TakeOff Runway :slight_smile:

Try to keep AI traffic on and increase your virtual memory limit to 20GB, I don’t have anything disabled, playing with mostly high settings at 1440p.

How can I increase the limit?

Follow this guide and set the maximum to 20000MB
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-increase-virtual-memory-in-windows-10-a/46dacaf5-15cf-4f5d-9d5a-cba1401ae4c9

Did I have to set both to 20GB? And witch drive I have to use?

Now it stands on 5000 MB

No you can keep the minimum to something small (2GB maybe) but it’s the maximum that has to be around 20GB.

Try to put it on your fastest drive (SSD preferably) but it also works if you use a mechanical drive if your SSD is out of space.

thx, for this

1 Like

Here my Specs:

Nothing helps.:

CPU 9900KF @stock speeds-
32GB DDR4 Ram
1TB SSD 970evo
Geforce RTX 3090
Page file at 50gb
all drivers up to date…

CTDs game is not playable…

yes… but here in forum, for searching issue we need a ‘reference’. And we not have this if we not have same kind of installation :slight_smile:

Somewhere in forum I recommend to create a categorie where users cann discuss / share experiance with installed mods.

Hi, tested it now, Flight CYVR KSFO / Pushback Express and Pilot2ATC on. At the Gate CTD after 10 Minutes. For me, I have now joy to test again. I am waiting, till the boys find the issue and fly P3D, sorry.
It was the 5th CTD for today, enough.
Roland

At a point x we often assume that there is no hardware issue. In this case we recommend often to test some network related settings… As example Text2Speach=WindowsOffline, * Traffic , also Generic Models=On, etc.

1 Like

Hi Micha, I understand all your tipps. But I have nothing do like this before the update. Only start MSFS load the flightpan and fly. All works well. But now, I have to check and change everthing. That can´t be the right way.
Roland

this is… I can’t other thing say… because the game comes to early on the market and now they have to change often “reference values” and implementations and SDK and and…
It is normaly not an issue, they had simple bring this game official as a “Early Access Release” on the market and then the expectations are other ones ( e.g. compare these with the Star Citizen scam ) … but of course also the price of the game would be affected then and we know what capitalism is :wink:

Result is, users which find former a nice setting, have to check this each time after an update and more worst: if the load is increased they run possible into issues if there are weakpoint. And for the modding scene it is more complicated… In-Official Mods can testet only after the new update comes out.

Also the settings in this game are more made for gamers and not simmers… I mentioned this as example here ( possible also at other places ):

The main issues reported to MSFS are mostly the updates which bring more details. This in combination with useless setting-values like “low, medium, ultra” cause confusion => What does these values mean ? As eample: so far I understand the usa update, it brought a smaller grid. But this smaller grid is now behind the same setting “ultra”. If we compare this with P3D, then we get/set in P3D the exact size of grid we want, and this size is always the same 0.3x0.3 , 1x1, etc… Ultra can only be an “Effect”… And so we allways get these posts like “after world update my performance is gone”. :slight_smile:

But… I would not spend to much time into such general discussions / thinkings. Of course because I not have CTD issues, but also because isnt worth to spend time for that.

Important is to find solutions for e.g. your issue and I fear this comes from the mods… :-/

1 Like

What you said about the graphics settings is very valid and important.
After one of the updates my graphics quality was ruined. Then I realised all i had to do was to reset the graphics settings. On a later update I got poor FPS. Again solved the same way. Probably because the update was changing something in the engine, while the config files were still using old vars or definitions.

The procedure was:

• take screenshots of your favourite graphics settings
  • set global rendering quality to ultra or low
  • save, exit the sim and relaunch
  • revert all your graphics settings to the favourite values.
2 Likes