Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

Are you the only person in MS who is trying to reproduce the problem or working on these hundreds of reports???

1 Like

PMDG 737-800 is not cause the CTDā€™s, because it happens also with other planes.

1 Like

Hi. I am suffering from the CTDs as well, but the problem is, that I do not get any errors logged in the Event Viewer, so I have literally nothing to reportā€¦ :-/

l think this thread is more focus on su9 users

Did you even read what I wrote. Let me break it down for you!
The 800 isnā€™t even out yet

I said:

That means, I hope the cause of the CTD can be found, because WHEN the 800 DOES come out I would like to be able to fly it without having a CTD!! In no way did I blame the the PMDG 737-800, a plane that is not out yet!

1 Like

Did you read what i wrote.
It happens with all planes.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure I agree that for it to be a server side issue it must affect ā€œeveryoneā€. Thatā€™s not how severs work, and surely there are many servers therefore how can that be the case.

It isnā€™t a windows update that has already been examined by the community. It canā€™t be firewall because why would it happen all of a sudden to *a lot of people? It also is not add-ons because people are getting them with vanilla installations, I myself use add-on linker so hardly have anything in the community folder and yet I am still getting the CTDā€™s.

Iā€™m not a MSFS employee but can pretty much guarantee it is a server side issue here.

3 Likes

Just completed a 65min flight from EGPF to EGSS in PMDG 737-700 (first one since the CTD I saw on Saturday night). Live (traffic, weather) turned on, streaming data on, western Europe server, location UK, volanta turned on, navigraph in game panel in use, SU9, Win11(10.0.220) no issues to report, flight completed with no CTD, alt tabbed a lot to desktop during flight. Will try on a longer flight tonight.

100% agree, especially if people are connecting to different servers. That could explain why its only happening to certain people. If a couple of servers have had some issue then it wouldnt come across as widespread but would still for sure be a server issue.

Hi All,
Now Iā€™m 60 and fully admit to not being computer literate. I flew a quick GA flight Sunday on Sunday with no issues on one of the Europe servers
Yesterday I had two CTDs, one while setting up in the cockpit of the Fenix 320 and the other was in the main menu. I had changed to the S E Asia server as I heard the issue was on the European servers.
I was also watching a live stream over the weekend and there were several people (not me) flying various airliners when the host had a CTD. Interestiingly a couple of the other people flying along also had CTDs at the same time.
Donā€™t know if that last piece of info is of any help.
Cheers, Mark

I have the same idea.
My configuration and the software on my PC was not changed. There where no updates installed when the first CTDā€™s came out of nowhere.
Also with MSFS in Vanilla state the CTDā€™s where there.

1 Like

I remember back in the FSX days there was a similar situation with either a missing or corrupt dll called something like uiautomationcore.dll

Now this was causing CTD on lots of folks computers and this was when Microsoft stopped supporting FSX and it was up to the community to re install this dll

Later when steam took over the FSX franchise they had that installed on their download

Now Iā€™m not saying it is the same thing but a quick Google of this ntl.dll is bringing back bad memories, maybe just maybe a corruption has occurred on this dll and it needs reinstalling

Having said that , I still think itā€™s a server issue as how could so many people suddenly have a corrupt dll

Just my two cents

1 Like

I must agree with @WryDoubloon4105 .

@SeedyL3205
ā€œIf it is indeed a server issue, then it should be affecting all players, but itā€™s clearly not.ā€
Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll) - #1220

Too absolute statement. This is about not knowing what all possibilites can happens. There can be network issues, lost in clusters or another problem with any load balancing. For example Azure is legendary between developers (they are afraiding of him). There are X possibilities where a server side problem can cause a problem only for some users.

I appreciate all the CMs here. Iā€™m glad to see you. Active communication is important now. :heart:
Be patient with us, players. We canā€™t play game what we bought and it is little demotivating. Many of us want realistic feeling and it is very hard for us if we see crash after settings airline aircraft with full flightplans etc.
Iā€™m hoping we will see some statement from developers. Anything.

4 Likes

The number of people who are now reporting CTDs in this thread appears to have dropped significantly since yesterday? The discussion is of course continuing but Iā€™m seeing alot less ā€œjust had another CTDā€, are people still experiencing it or has it solved itself?

1 Like

To be fair, AWS and GCP also have their quirks that makes my life interesting at work, but I havent worked with Azure in a few years, kept me on my toes though :laughing:

1 Like

I imagine people donā€™t see the point to keep reporting this if they have already done it once. I have had a number of CTDā€™s over a number of days but have only put in this thread once that Iā€™ve had a CTD because frankly I donā€™t really see the point of keep duplicating the fact.

4 Likes

Maybe people just arent flying as much because its a huge time sink for it to continuiously crash on them.

7 Likes

guess no need to report the same problem in a thread more than once :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Still CTD for me

2 Likes

Yep, I parked the sim after my 3rd CTD on Saturday. No point n keeping wasting my time until they fix it.

4 Likes