[CONT] Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Maybe it is worth considering it might be something in your settings?
It worked fine prior to update 5? Simplistic answer.
I have not threatened anyone. I said I will give it 6 month for updates.
Speaking of updates yes I said I would leave it for 30 days. But Asobo announced the 3 updates that were supposed to fix it? I guess you did not want me to try it?
I have also said it is like a boat with a hole in it. Fix it don’t just paint it.
It seams you are only looking at it from one side. The truth has 2 sides.
Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

within 20 days Microsoft has said there will be a new update that fixes some major bugs. I’m just adding this in case anyone didn’t know that.

Still cant start the sim…2 Weeks now…Still says that mandatory packages are missing. ■■■■■■■ joke. Zendesk ignoring me. fresh install of sim, Fresh windows install but still the same problem. The installer will not download all mandatory packages. FFS fix this pile of junk!!!

Thanks again but mine are identical to that, also. Still no luck.

I just tried the greater Vancouver area I think your correct. its washed out based on when I tried it. Could be atmosphere, temperature but I doubt it. Hitherto I would have said there has been an improvement re SU5 but I have to say I think your right

Sorry to hear your problems.
I was questioning why we can’t check the integrity of all the files Orbx does it.
In any case I had the same problem only solution I found was to uninstall the sim and re-install it. Please do it at night in the daytime it will take for ever even with a fast internet service.

Thank you. I started to question my own believe and testing?

Thanks, but I have reinstalled twice now to try and solve the problem but the sim still won’t start. Have also done a clean install of Windows 10, but still no joy. So frustrating. Zendesk not helping either. Wish they had a ‘verify files’ option within the Microsoft store like many other platforms do…

To be fair, they say that every month.

1 Like

There should be no need to re-install Widows as long it is up to date.
Just in case you missed some steps?
Hit your Windows key bottom left corner. Then right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator and select uninstall.
That will clean your Microsoft Flight Simulator from your C: Drive or Windows drive.
Now you have to delete all the Store files at least 100GB of data.
After that re-install in the Microsoft Store.
Any question please ask if not sure.

In regards about internet speed, you could take a look at this post on why you are not getting the speeds you desire (in a very abstract way): SU5, terrible GFX - #69 by scriptkid

I can add much more to this on why it is the case.

To summarize, the quality of the speed at which data is being downloaded can not be blamed to one party if you have not ruled out all other parties. This also includes checking your own router.

I could agree in general. But the slowdown only happened after update 5.
I could also be wrong but the additional Xbox players took a lot of additional Server space.
So my experience was that after midnight on the east coast everything went back to normal. The Xbox players on the east coast went to bed?
I will now read your attachment.
Thanks

And everyone working from home (if that’s still the case in your region).

In regards to connections with more users having the same provider in the neighborhood: Multiple connections are bundled into a single connection, if your provider has congestion in the bundle access point you will also slow down as congestion causes timing issues, slowing everyone down.

Edit: Xbox users would probably also have an impact, but i’m unable to imagine it’s that much.

Ok looked at the attachment. In general the assumptions are correct.
But when you check the download speed with other servers like PMDG, A2A, ORBX and Prepar3D and all show a download speed of 200Mbps or more on a 400Mbps serve. Than you eliminated the causes as stated.
I wish I would have a IP address for the Microsoft Server or Servers I would ping it and it would show me the problems.

You are debunking your own statement. You are now mentioning other servers which exist in completely different parts of the internet, which are connected through different peers then MS servers.

If you would go to my website, which is absolutely not n the US, you would probable need 4 to 8 peers to reach it. Which means 4 to 8 different networks attached to eachother depending on agreements made between these peers on how to reach a network/target

1 Like

Read my post above this one.

Which a ping would show me.

I did read :slight_smile:

A ping only tells you latency, not speed. You also need to consider MTU and package sizes. A ping does not tell you who is to blame, only there is latency. You want to know who is to blame, so trace it.

if a ping to MFS is 20 MS and to PMDG is 10. Who is here to blame? I will await the answer and explain if needed.

Hint: your ping is as high as minimal the slowest peer.

2 Likes

You trace the route and it will show you the bottleneck.

Exactly, so. the next time you say it’s MS it’s fault, could you post a trace with it? that will possibly also help others identify if they have the same issue as you, maybe they have the same peer somewhere in the line ;).

Cheers!