Correct livery with AI traffic (real-time online ) with a320neo

I am near to complete. This is schedule:

• some testing with FBW a320neo mod, does it have to delete or just disable from AI_traffic or not (1day)
  • next im editing whole megapack´s every aircraft.cfg files (60% ready) (1-2 days)
  • making aircraft.cfg for AT72-600 with existing liverypack (1 day)
  • final testing and making teaser video about it to share (1 day)
  • then i have to make very simple instructions pdf that can be followed by everybody 1-2 days

So releasing this “Corsten´s DIY mod for live traffic with real liveries” in 5-7 days from today.

1 Like

Whenever you update the A32NX mod, the aircraft.cfg in the NX mod gets reset to no longer have the icao_generic line. So the CTD occurs, when you have icao_generic=1 in the default official A320, but not in the A32NX mod.

so whenever you update a new version of the A32NX mod, you have to go back in the A32NX folder, open the aircraft.cfg file, and add the icao_generic=1. And you have to do this every time you update the mod.

As long as the A32NX and the default A320 aircraft.cfg matches, you won’t get CTD.

The sound folder and update Layout.json file is done at the Livery level. Not at the A32NX folder. For these ones, all you need to do is set it up once and that’s it.

Yes…thanks. When I updated the A32NX mod I re-added the icao_ generic=1. There are two aircraft.cfg files for FBW version. So I edited both. But still CTD. BTW…it was working BEFORE I did the update to the A32NX. I haven’t tried yet setting AI traffic in FBW aircraft.cfg to 1 yet. If I do that, I am curious if I would then have both AI traffic and user as a 1? I assume so otherwise it is not a useable aircraft?

What? there’s 2? I think you’re pointing towards the other one that is the FBW livery. that’s just their livery so there’s no need for you to edit anything in there.

You only need to add the icao_generic=1 in the A320 neo folder in the A32NX mod.

The AI traffic should be set to 0, because you don’t want the default model and texture to appear in your parking space or to use them for the live traffic. So just leave it at 0.

Yes it is the livery. Thanks.

Guys and @C0rsten there is a work-around for live traffic in FS2020. Flightradar24 live! One disadvantage; IVAO and A320 neo suported liveries only. And some IVAO liveries don’t get assigned correctly. But i’ve seen 787 at Heathrow and KLM 737 at Amsterdam, American Airlines at KLAX. So really nice!

Tutorial:
Step 1: Follow this tutorial: Live Traffic with working Liveries!
Step 2: Follow this tutorial: https://www.lekseecon.nl/downloads/psxt/PSXT_MSFS.pdf
Step 3: Install https://psxt.flightsimtechnologies.com/ADSBSetup.zip

Still to be fixed;
-Newest livries aren’t in the ivao pack. Maybe someone knows how we can do this?
-Gear don’t go up after take of

Thanks to:
@BigBabyKP @PSXseeconTraffic

Screenshots:

work around yes, but most aircraft float above ground, and bounce and randomly spin on taxi. What C0rsten is doing is a much better option at this stage until FSLTL or AIG come along.

1 Like

Ah you tried already? Did you got spinning planes? I tried at EHAM and all planes landed correctly, no spinning planes.

Yeah had a few goes and binned it. Hope this works out well tho and populates better than default

Guys, I have played with native and IVAO models using PSXSeecon and RealTraffic - In the case of the IVAO models, I find that MSFS will take the first airline matched and only use that for every subsequent aircraft type spawned in the session. It doesn’t seem to look up other entries in the aircraft.cfg even if the texture of the other airline is matching (and even PSXSeecon log shows the match, but the actual airline displayed is that first one chosen in-sim) So I basically have all Air Canada or ANA 77W spawning or all JAL 738 … etc.

With the PSXSeecon + RealTraffic combo It does match correctly the native MSFS A320 Neo, 747-8 and 787-10 liveries , it works better than the IVAO models but some textures are skewed and the tail doesn’t show properly unless close to the other aircraft.

So I have a Franken-mix of IVAO and native models in-sim, its rough but there is no discernable impact on performance apart from initial load time of the sim and while not 100% realistic, its slightly better than the inbuilt system currently, for me at least.

I think in order for 3rd party AI models to properly work, they will all need to be separate folders for each and every make and airline, following the Simobjects\layout.json schema , rather than multiple [FLTSIM.X] entries from a single aircraft.cfg. Its even possible to do this now with a lot of time to convert each IVAO model to MSFS folder schema but I expect the loading time would be very, very long if we were to realize a global AI air traffic world!!

Sorry, I am not very good at explaining all I have done but good luck to everyone for trying to workaround and get real live air traffic into MSFS as best they can!

yes, it needs to individualized - one model folder for each texture (ex: model.AAL-American and texture.AAL-American).

It is a limitation of the current game.

With this method i am doing, there is 100% positive matches with megapack liveries (320neo). Everyhing is working flawslesly. But i am using also for test purpose a350 for heavy planes (wtc:h and icao resignators for all the heavy planes A333, A343, B778, A359 etc) and those are shoving correctly also, even that with a350 comes with single model folder and single aircraft.cfg file.

First version is only with 320neo, when all the live traffic planes is 320neo with megapack liveries. I will include also instructions to replace asobos ugly AI liveries to Alliance liveries (skyteam, one world etc) so if there is no match with liverypack, it uses alliances livery.

I may include ATR with upcoming liverypack. I have contacted artist and artist is making liverypack (40+) for the free atr.

I include a330 (all the heavy planes) with update version in march .

2 Likes

Soo looking forward to this…
:+1:t2:

Ohh check this out… my airtraffic livery passes in front of me.

How does PSXSeecon & Realtraffic work with IVAO models? When i do have PSXSeecon open i get an internet disconnection on my whole pc. Really weird.

Saw contrails for first time in sim. Snapped a photo. I don’t think they have been in sim before?

The developer will only support Megapack. From what I can tell , they don’t unless you edit a whole lot of ICAO files. That said, PSX and realtraffic work pretty well IMO. Just takes a little time to learn the parking spaces and liveries. This addon with the two and I also us live traffic in the sim all work together great for me.

I end up restructuring all the liveries I downloaded individually. including using my own custom aircraft.cfg to standardise them. I don’t like the megapack because there’s too much stuff in there that it’s difficult to restructure them. I just download the ones I want one at a time and restructure them appropriately.

1 Like

I am doing this megapacks aircraft.cfg modding at the moment. All the cfg files are allready edited as a matching structure. Now i need just put icao_airline : xxx in places for over 100 liveries, that dont have icao airlines data included.

After that i make one folder AI TRAFFIC FRIENDLY package with auto_json and ask megapack authors, can they share it on their servers and website for people to download. If they refuse, i just have to clean that package and left only aircraft.cfg’s in place.

How did you place multiple working icao aircraft designator in one single aircraft.cfg? I tried it and the game only cared about the first designator and ignored the others. How do i need to list them?