Crash to desktop without error message

I kind of accepted these CTDs. We get 6 or 7 good flights then a CTD? We have the longitude update in our Community folder so not sure about this, but sim fly’s good for the 6 or 7 flights we get!

Nome da aplicação com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Nome do módulo com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Desvio de falha: 0x00000000005445cd
ID do processo com falha: 0x4200
Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d7c9327d1c9517
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID do Relatório: a27f30b6-b0c2-44c6-ad0a-650f136427af
Nome completo do pacote com falha: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID da aplicação relativa ao pacote com falha: App

Nome da aplicação com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Nome do módulo com falha: FlightSimulator.exe, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Desvio de falha: 0x0000000001868a97
ID do processo com falha: 0x3a40
Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d7c93088c3d5a7
Caminho da aplicação com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
ID do Relatório: 3a4872ce-daf3-4c90-ae21-0a76065756e9
Nome completo do pacote com falha: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Desvio de falha: 0x0000000001ac7554
ID do processo com falha: 0x4b4
Hora de início da aplicação com falha: 0x01d7c8e7fdfd4da6
ID do Relatório: 8a876b99-9875-43a9-9479-dd56d4b82ed4

3 CTD’s today… i dont know why.

I meant beside what I wrote in the original post, no scenery addons :sweat_smile:
In his post he was making reference to some scenery addons, I thought it was quite clear :confused:

There’s problems with online rendering due to server “issues” . Live weather stuttering and causing unstable CTD with no event. Asobo aware.

No addons related to KDCA specifically. In fact the only custom scenery I have installed is for KDEN. Only addons in play were the most recent FBW A320NX at the time, as well as the most recent update of NavData In-Game Panel and AIRAC.

We could find the issue for the CTD and a user found a workaround till Asobo will fix it, see here:

Having very similar issues with SU6 with many US, EU, or Asia based airports. Funnily enough, some such as Honolulu work fine, while KSFO, KSJC, KDEN, EGLL, LFPG, RJCC, RJAA, RJTT crash the sim during loading (absolutely no errors given).

I have been trying with a completely fresh install of the game, with community folder empty, no add-ons of any kind, but all ‘official’ packages downloaded. All trials were done with the B787-10 (default) from the package.

Event Viewer says that it cannot find a file, but in typical fashion, leaves the file name blank!
Exact error from Event Viewer is:
Windows cannot access the file for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program FlightSimulator.exe because of this error.

Program: FlightSimulator.exe
    File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
    User Action
    1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
    2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    	- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    	- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
    3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
    4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
    5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
    Error value: 00000000
    Disk type: 0

As such, there are no more details from Windows. I have tried lowering all settings to minimum, but same behavior occurs.

I have not tried renaming the bldo010.* files, since I am not sure whether they are reflective of only the Washington scenario.

Addition 1: Starting from a random location but going to KSJC works until coming in to land; at which point it CTDs. It seems that as soon as airport objects are needed to be loaded, the sim crashes.

Addition 2: KLAX also exhibits the same issue. I can attach the event viewer crash log and my DirectX output to this post if needed (the files are not allowed to be uploaded since they are TXT files; and the DXDIAG output is fairly large to paste all the text in this post).

Couldn’t be a firewall issue could it? if not MSFS itself then something with it that is trying to access system files?

I would think not, since it is allowing me some airports to fly out of / in to. I am leaning towards airports in the ‘upgraded’ states (deluxe / premium / world update) being the culprits, or maybe the ones with photogrammetry being the issue. But I think I have CTD’ed out enough for one day!

I have no problems flying in, out or around KSJC, but some of the scenery items look “not very good”

What is the "Green/Blue Rectangular"Swimming pool doing at the airport ??
and a lot of smaller building have Trees growing out of their roofs, and the roads are crazy

FYI: Does not bother me… It’s a Flight Simulator, not a “Sight Simulator” :+1:

It looks like one of those taxiway “islands”. I couldn’t tell you why they are painted green though, but I’ve seen them elsewhere.

1 Like

Good morning to all. I looked for solution to this problem in the whole internet founding no solution. After last update (1.20.6.0) I cannot launch MSFS2020 without having a CTD. It is due to C:\Windows\System32\d3d11.dll but I cannot do literally anything. This is the error message from Event Viewer:

Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: d3d11.dll, versione: 10.0.22478.1000, timestamp: 0xfd30a10e
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x000000000018db1d
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x2610
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d7ca51b594c701
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
ID segnalazione: 68ce6458-e17b-4d57-8c49-9ca1bc8727c7
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.20.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore: App
My laptop’s specs:

• Intel i7-10750H
  • Nvidia Geforce RTX 3070
  • 16GB ram 2933 MHz
  • Windows 11 ( :sob: )

I was 9 days in holiday, came back yesterday, did the update to SU6, all other updates too, did the microsoft store updates, got the new AMD display and chipset drivers, got all the latest Visual C++ installed, all up to date, today i ran the sim:

after 5min engines of the a320 were running and pushback was done - CTD.

well, for me it worked for some weeks without problems after SU5 and now unplayable again.
I wonder what they do, what it causes… oh well, just frustrating!
i build the whole pc just for this game and it just doesn’t work! :-1:

Why in the world do they sell Stuff in the Marketplace which is useless after the next “update” and you have to search all ADD ons to find the culprit? Why don’t they look for compatibility? It’s no wonder the Sim does not work, if every update makes everything installed to fail. :zipper_mouth_face:

amd 5950x
64gb ddr4
6900xt
hp reverb g2

2 Likes

Airports have green painted concrete to signal to pilots that is a “no go” area for taxi.
https://www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/advisory_circular/150_5340_1l.pdf (Page 61 item d).

1 Like

It’s tarmac painted green as fake grass. It’s there in real life. We have a few of them at ORD as well.

At one time it might have been a much wider taxiway or even a holding pad.

Thanks – I must be going Color Blind-- it looks more like a swimming pool to me than Green Grass.

The BLUE are at the Airport “Flying W” is definitely a Pool !!

2 Likes

No - you’re right. They do look weird.

About this problem, I found out it is related to Nvidia video driver. I tried to uninstall it and MSFS started without any problem. I tried also to run it on the same hardware with Windows 10 but the problem is still here. Has anyone got a workaround for problems with Nvidia GPU?

is there a list anywhere of mods known to conflict with su6? i’ve had CTDs at different times over the life of the sim but since su6, it’s almost guaranteed. they appear to be random. different places, different aircraft, sometimes after 5 mins and sometimes after 40. everything is running fine and then CTD. i’m really struggling to figure out which mod might be causing it.

1 Like

I dont have CTDs anymore after disabling XMP Memory (AMP in AMD)

Just in case it help someone

2 Likes