Crash to desktop without error message

Today I’ve CTD twice on the Asobo/Blackshark splash screens and then CTD on the loading screen after planning a flight. I’m done.

yea i get cdt on asobo screen sometimes…but most of mine are at main menu

I went back to NVIDIA 457.51 which I know I never had an issue with. Still CTD about 20 minutes into a flight.

I was constantly having CTD for a week after the update. Then one day it just started to work. No change in my computer whatsoever. It appears to have fixed itself, which makes no sense.

1 Like

uhh i do not really know what you are doing… do you mind giving me more instruction on what to do?

also what happens is it gets about 3 quarters finished loading then the music stops and the little loading thing appears next to my pointer. it then stays frozen for a few seconds and then just closes.

Hy, I had the same issue. Updated all drivers, Chipsets, BIOS and added Virtual Memory in Win10 for both SSD and HDD - min 16000MB and max 48000MB. After this the Game loaded all the way and had no errors since.

Hi…

I wanted to post a link, but it is already mentioned withtin an older post:

Possible this helps bit more.
And don’t be confused, they do the 3 steps in a single line :wink:

no more BSOD ? you made some changes ?

The game just crash at this point… it’s better as BSOD , but it can point to that the GT 710 is not enought for that game if nvidia drivers are up2date and there are no other issues. You should have an log entry within the windows event log (viewer). Some additional info’s about your hardware, would be interessting… as say’d… eg. the existing amount of RAM.

a hint: this amount is to much and you waste space on of your disc… with your 16gig RAM is 4min-20max at on disc is enough :slight_smile:

PS::
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/flightsimulator-exe-application-error-0x80000003/334962/15?u=michamma

I wanted to test how stable the sim is without Ai traffic, but with live traffic on a long flight. What can I say? No crash happened in a five-hour flight. So turn off the AI traffic and you have a good chance of a pleasant flight. :wink: The Ai-TRaffic is broken. I didn’t see any real-life traffic though - only the other players.

1 Like

@ trifon80
Did you find a way to fix your CTD when you are logged into your original Microsoft account?
If not, I can offer a suggestion that worked for me.

I had a 100% consistent CTD right when the Utah Monument Valley scenery loaded (after the Microsoft copyright screen). Just like what you did, when I tried a different Microsoft account, the game loaded fine. However, I don’t have my premium deluxe add-ons that I paid for using my original Microsoft account. What I will suggest, will erase your original flight hours data, accomplishments, flight stick layout, etc; so you will start with a clean slate for the Microsoft account that doesn’t work. So, keep that in mind as a last resort.

Here’s my previous post with the solution that worked for me:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/continuing-ctds-on-initial-loading-in-build-1-10-8-0/312214/37?u=chopper2935

Another person had posted that he tried my method, and it worked for him as well. Because he didn’t go through all my steps, thus, I think it led to a slightly different scenario (i.e. he had a “UI … synchronization window” prompt pop up that I didn’t see in my steps). But, same outcome at the end.

So try either method; here’s his post:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/game-not-loading-first-menu/337953/6?u=chopper2935

I had the CTD issues a few days back. I was getting intermittent Teredo connection issues, being blocked by Norton Anti Virus and also an error in Windows Application event log:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001a5d7f0
Faulting process ID: 0x5268
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6de3da5ab3038
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: d83de09a-7fa4-4177-afa2-ddfca4c9f122
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Troubleshooting:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the Geforce driver, geforce experience and geforce now programs.
  • Deleted the TBM, G3000 and G1000 Mods from the Community folder.
  • Temporarily disabled Norton AV. Still did not connect to Teredo via windows settings.
  • Tried Teredo connection test whilst passing through Norton VPN and it connected every time but still got the CTDs.

None of the above worked.

I then deleted the Rollingcache.ccc file and FS2020 then loaded first time.

Cheers,
Ed.

For those of you with CTD at loading, maybe this will help :blush:

I just reinstalled windows 10 and MSFS kept CTD at loading without any errors messages. I couldn’t even get to the main menu. I tried everything but nothing worked. I then unplugged all Logitech Devices and re-plugged them back in one by one and found out that the Flight Yoke was the culprit. For some reasons, the original settings were not compatible with new installation, so what I did was, unplug the yoke USB, load MSFS, then at the main menu, plug in the yoke. It will ask if you want to reset the settings, I chose yes.

Voila! I was able to load all the way and play my MSFS once again.

1 Like

Aha!!! That could be the issue with my longitude…since I enabled offline ai, random crashes. Last week when I flew live ai, nota single crash. Hmmm. Probably the offline al is the culprit all along?! I wanted to populate the sky with more planes, make it nice and busy, but it seems since offline ai I chose, multiple crashes!! Ahh, I’ll try that, thanks!!

Love you!! Thank you!!!

Just flying from klex to Korh…1hour so far, with the longitude, no crashes since I changed the ai traffic to live and dumbed down the lod slider.thank you and well done !!!

Just finished the flight. Two hours in total No crashes to desktop at all. You were right. It was the offline ai traffic all along. The sim is running beautifully again. Thank you so much!!

Hi @CHOPPER2935,

Yes i have solved by switching microsoft account. With other microsoft account, no crash on update checking page and from today, my old microsoft account seem work again.

Thomas

That’s awesome. I wasn’t as lucky. Logging into my 2nd MS account did not fix the CTD that kept on happening for my original account. I had to reset my MSFS profile for my original account by erasing my saved cloud data. That was the only way to get my game to start without CTD for my original account.

with the current version 1.12.13.0 I also get CTD´s without any sign…, some microseconds stuttering, then ctd…before my system was really stable (and has more than enough ressources), eventlog says incorrect application, so voted und reported to zendesk - hope they will fix ist soon :pray:

1 Like