Crash to desktop without error message

same here. Its pretty much happening since the last version. Was able to fly without problems since now.

I so hate being booted to Desktop after a couple of hours flight.

1 Like

we say’d that so often… nobody want to read the posts :wink:

And yet again Micha, another post where you admonish someone, and then add a smiley/winking face as if that makes it okay. Really getting sick of seeing so many posts from you that are like this. If you really need to patronize, just don’t post.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have to correct myself again. The game also crashes on Live Traffic, not just on Ai Traffic. Either my computer can’t handle it (Intel 7 9700K; Nvidia Geforce Rtx 2070 Super) or there is an error in the game. Live traffic only works as long as there are not too many planes in the sky. I’ve tried everything so far. I don’t like anymore. Then there is no traffic. Sad. Then I just enjoy the landscape. :wink:

1 Like

and again “you” ( @szln6z ) who attack directly me.

There is a reason why I mention that we should avoid double posts and saying same thing again and again. Also other users mentioned this already former, see e.g Post number 2080 from @willisxdc .

If we remove all doubled posts from these thread here, then users are able to find the helpfull posts. Thats the reason why some of the users here wrote from time to time: please no double posts.

yes… this is an important thing… all network relevant game settings seems affected, more or less.

I made a summary here ( one of, because similar reason in different threads ):

If there are more settings, we should collect it.

1 Like

I disabled ai-traffic (online and offline) and uninstalled FSUIPC. Now all CTD are gone. In next step I have to figure out if traffic or FSUIPC was the problem.

Thank you for your answer Micha MMA. I have 32 gig of ram. As I understood you, I don’t have to change anything in the virtual memory.
(All the older workarounds are:

set Generic Models = ON (both)
 - seems there are issues if mods are installed
 set Text2Speach = Windows Offline
 - with Azure-Setting seems ctd happens again in rare cases
 set AI / live traffic Off (network related settings)
 - Next to outdated mods, this was often reported as one of the main reason).

I have already tried points 1 and 2 and unfortunately it did not work. I also downloaded the Windows language pack (English). Now I’ll try the last point. Then I only have the traffic from other players, but then the game shouldn’t crash anymore. This is regrettable only in so far as at airports where there are no planes by players, the Ai or live traffic can replace them. But thank you for your help. Last try. :wink:

Yes with 32Gig RAM is, so far we know at this moment, no additional increasment of virtual memory necessary ( but MSFS is very ‘dynamic’ :joy: ) . I hope MSFS team add a hint about within the FAQ, because the min-spec is 8GB RAM and a “normal” PC user should nothing know about virtual memory settings to play MSFS.

I had possible should wrote the points in reversed order, because the 3.step seems the most important one. We not know why this is for some users an issue again… possible depends on area and a implementation which crash in cases of things like “short connection lost”… just guesses.

Same here. It happened thrice now during middle of a flight!

Suddenly with no changes of drivers or anything else etc Im getting random CTDs for no reason or after activating a cockpit function.
Motherboard: Asus Rog Hero x11 wifi Z490
55" curved oled Tv,
CPU: Intel i9-10900K @5.1mhz per core.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 turbo
CPU-Cooler: Liquid cooled 240mm
PSU: Kolink 1200watt Platinum
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4/3600mhz
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
M.2 NVME SSD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
SSD: NVME Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
5.1 logitech sound system Soundblaster Z.
Next level V3 Motion platform on GT Ultimate rig.
2 Buttkickers on race rig with 300watt earthquake amp.
VR HP Reverb G2
Sim Racing studio wind and tactile generators.
Saitek Hotas.
Alpha Honeycomb flight controls.
Thrustmaster TPR Rudder.

I don’t think you’re PC is powerful enough to run MSFS… :slight_smile:

AI traffic causes CTDs for me in every flight. Turning it off reduces the CTDs to maybe 1 in 10 flights.

I do have the other recommended steps also: rolling cache off; 457 Nvidia drivers (you might need 460 with the 3090). These might have helped, but the AI traffic off is the change that makes MSFS actually useable.

To MichaMMA:
Just to rule out another source of error: I have a very fast internet connection over a fiber optic cable; a faulty internet connection can therefore be ruled out as the cause of the error. - What I don’t understand is that I did a four and a half hour flight yesterday and landed at Heathrow and everything is working. And today the computer crashes after half an hour with exactly the same settings: first a short stutter and then I’m on my desktop. That’s what I don’t understand; once everything works and another time - with the same settings - it crashes; that drives me crazy.

2 Likes

The connection issue, if there, must not necessarly at your side. Also possible is overload of the servers. And exactly this makes it so random. We bring here only lots of reportings together, but the final issue have to find the MS/Asobo team.

A lot of users reportings are like: “I made no changes, but now it crashs”.
Unfortunately lots of users start immediately a Re-Installation Orgie of just all… Windows, Game,Drivers,… So we lost often the reference.

The first issues comes of course from outdated mods. After the step that the installed mods got an update or are removed, we find for some rare users some system limits or hardware issue ( also random, because hard to find ). But the main-trend point to the AI* / live *… settings. ( I ignore for the moment VR ).

I had this kind of isses after the first update… Absolut random and not understandable crashes… it takes a long time to find out that it was the Text2Speach=Azure setting.

Therefore: yes… it is random and exactly this make it so hard to find.

EDIT: and I forgot to mention. Don’t understand me wrong: disabling of the “network relevant setting” is of course only a workaround and a analyse and possible fix is necessary.

I too have this ctd issue. Five attempted flights yesterday, 5 ctds before i even got off the runway.
I have not had a ctd before now and have been running smoothly since August.

I have an new PC 17 10100, rtx2080ti, 32gb ram, m2 ssd and a 60gb internet connection.(The pc was bought before installation of MSFS in August)

My community folder is empty.

My cpu and psu temps are fine.

I have not changed anything on the pc recently, although in attempt to cure the ctds I have now updated my nvidia drivers.

I have noticed a reduction in fps and wonder if the two are connected. I also wonder if this can have something to do with the elevation spikes bug. My attempted flights yesterday were all in Europe.

Stinger

Do you have AI traffic on or off? That seems to be the most common driver of CTDs.

I have live traffic on. Not been an issue since August though.

The point of a fresh install is to eliminate any corruption from updating over and over. A fresh clean install with no mods is the best way to find out if it is “you” or “them”. If you still get a CTD from a fresh windows install, fresh MSFS, fresh drivers, and nothing else added, downloaded, changed… most likely it is a game coding error or server error or something out of your control.

It’s also nice to have a clean fresh install and honestly doesn’t take long.

I only use online ai traffic. Will turn it off though to see if that helps. Thanks.

only if you realy remove all files, what the un-installer not do, there is a effect. If your config files ( or other files ) are still left then there is not diff in the “former installed” and “new downloaded” files. The install process is same as former: downlaod v1.0.0… patch1.01…patch1.0.2…

But the point was: the user changed absolut nothing at here system, thus why they should re-install the game or more worst the completly windows OS ? There is absolut no reason for that…
And after such a re-install is this sentence “I changed nothing” no longer true.