Crash to desktop without error message

Exactly what happens to me now. Stumped for now. Grrr.

Not using mods here at all

OK just done a complete Windows reinstall with latest drivers etc. I`ll use no mods or overclocks and see what happens.

follow the link and check the points :slight_smile:

I think they are saying that they “changed nothing” before getting the error. Then tried to problem solve by reinstalling. Honestly I probably do a fresh install of windows and my games after major updates. If you have a good backup system and most stuff is stored in the cloud anyway that it isn’t bad. I always have a usb with the latest version of windows ready and that gets installed in about 30 min. The only thing that takes a little while is the decompressing during install of MSFS. But even that is done in about 1-1.5hrs and you will be set to go. So within two hours you will have a completely clean and fresh install knowing that you have the best possible versions and with no conflicts. And it will absolutely remove all previous files that way. But if you are just doing MSFS reinstall than yes you need to properly uninstall it by removing all files.

And saying there is absolutely no reason for that is a little bit of an overstatement. Lots of evidence that your PC runs sooo sluggish after doing constant windows updates on top of updates and same with drivers and software. It is always beneficial to have a clean install and you will almost always see performance gains.

Mine crashes with Live Traffic and No traffic

in my case MSFS Crashed with AI-Traffic.
I can fly with FSUIPC, AivlaSoft EFB and REX Weather and settings are All Player´s, Live Time and Without AI-Traffic. No Crash

When i turn AI-Traffic on it crashed randomly on Plain Startup, Taxi, Start or in Flight but defently befor i arrive the Airport

Hardware:

• i9-9900K
  • RTX 2080 Super
  • 32GB DDR4
  • MSFS on Seperate M.2 Samsung Evo+

Do you have any mods in your Community folder? I found that there were some liveries I had in there that caused CTDs during flight load when AI traffic was enabled.

I solved the CTD by disabling offline and online Traffic. So I actually have no Traffic at all but I‘m able to enjoy the sim without problems.

I have never experienced CTD’s until after the December update. I’ve tried all of the advice and the only thing that works is turning all traffic off, I have noticed something though that appears to be linked to the CTD’s with no error messages. I am using Neofly to give me some added interest in the sim. Normally I choose a flight in Neofly, set it up in the sim and then connect in Neofly. I have had absolutely no issues until now. What I have noticed is that about 10 minutes before the CTD, Neofly disconnects from the server. The CTD always follows after this. The problem is not with Neofly because it happens whenever I have live traffic enabled when not using Neofly. All I am saying is that I was noticing the disconnection from the Microsoft server via Neofly and that lead me to believe that this is 100% a server issue.

2 Likes

I use the FlybyWire Mod and a Selfmade Livery

It’s worth trying removing those add-ons. I was surprised that a livery could cause a crash but it does for me, with AI traffic on.

For me, I leave MP, not AI, traffic on, but enable “Use Generic Plane Models” on. That fixed my CTDs on previous patches where flying in groups was all but impossible.

My sim keeps crashing to desktop whenever i fly the A320 I’ve found, i do have the A32NX mod so it could be that, it never used to crash though, ever since i downloaded the dev version and the A321 mod that i have now removed, it crashes most of the time mid flight :frowning:

Remove the mod, then retest. If it still does it, then it’s not the mod.

1 Like

yeah exactly the same :frowning:

Hi.
During this weekend, I was unable to complete one of the 3 flights I tried to make. The first, from London City (EGLC) to Berlin Tegel (EDDT) crash to desktop in the first 30 minutes of flight. The second Berlin Tegle (EDDT) flight to Porto (LPPR) crash to desktop after 3 hours of flight, when the descent to landing began. The third, in a shorter flight from Faro (LPFR) to Porto (LPPR), crash to desktop once again as soon as the descent to landing began. The crashes coincide with the change of the camera, from the inside to the outside, or the other way.
I ask the game developers to come up with a solution for this because I am, and according to other reports on the forum, we are doing flight hours that do not enter the logbook.
If there is any definition that I must change, I would ask you to indicate it.
My computer is very good (i7, Geforce RTX2080 8G, 32Gb, well ventilated). I use the Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant and Joystick to play.
Thanks

have you turned off live traffic/ai traffic/multiplayer?

Regarding network related settings, so turn of traffic altogether ai and live? Azure. What about Photogrammetry and live weather?

number/prio one seems “live traffic”… then the other ones. Possible try it step by step.
( I wrote it in other post too, I had should written the points in reverse order )

I have no threads with CTD related to this in mind