Crash to desktop without error message

Thanks. I have managed to complete 2 flights without ctd since turning off ai traffic (live traffic on) and switched to Windows offline in textospeech. I’m just trying to prevent any further crashes and was wondering what else may be required

1 Like

thanks for share the result… so, its not only “live traffic” , other users report it in reverse order :slight_smile: … Therefore I call it often “network relevant” settings, but my english is not best :relaxed:

I faced with this situation before and i solved it as i mentioned in different topic…

Thanks. I haven’t had a crash since turning of ai traffic and live traffic on but with azure switched off to Windows offline. I have 50gb cache. I dont want to do anything else to upset it, I’ll erase the cache if I get any ctd in future

1 Like

I’ve managed 3 extra flights without any issues, I’ve unfortunately just had another one just now. It seems totally random so much so I’m beginning to wonder if any of these changes are actually making any impact

1 Like

oh no. the bsod only happens sometimes. what i said was just what happens sometimes. the bsod only happens after i try to start it up 5-10 times.

so, I am not able to delete the thing that says C:\WINDOWS\system32>. do you know why? (C:

edit: ok… so Its a few minutes later and suddenly it shows this; I can also not edit the current text or delete it (I can add things)

@snobear2O2O

You don’t need to delete those! That is just a pointer indicating which folder you are currently in.

Just paste the command in to that window as @MichaMMA suggested, and press Enter.

Close the window, or type ‘Exit’, then press Enter finish.

If you really want to change that text, type something like ‘cd \’, and it should then read “C:\”, indicating you are now at the root of the C drive.

1 Like

okay… this we have to fix as the high prio.
A CTD ( Crash to Desc ) is one thing, but BSOD should never happen if the system is fine ( windows, drivers, hardware ).

Let us know what the result of the Windows Check was :slight_smile:
( you can made a screenshot in case some messages are reported and you are not sure about )

@hobanagerik thanks for helping out…

@snobear2O2O as hobanagerik say’d the current directory ( Folder ) is not important. You only need a command-line window with Admin-Rights to Enter the commands.

notes about:
there are different directories on your disc. This you can see also within the Windows-Explorer:
The exact same info “where you currently are” is shown in the command line.
The mentioned command “cd” means: Change Directory … same as double click with the mouse on the target-folder within the windows-explorer.

I was getting random CTDs (0xc0000005, 0x00007, VCRUNTIME140.dll…) on almost every flight after the latest update, even after testing virtually all of the proposed solutions.

For what it’s worth, switching off traffic, ATC voices, text-to-speech AND killing SpeechRuntime in Task Manager when starting a flight (SpeechRuntime.exe restarts with each game start, new flight or VR/normal mode switch) AND not opening popup menus (VFR etc.) during flight appears to have solved it for me - or at least reduced CTDs…

I have disabled Cortana, voice recognition etc. in Windows.

My specs:
Win 10 20H2
Asus B450
16 GB RAM
Ryzen 5 2600
RX 5700 XT
HP Reverb G1

2 Likes

tried former hints?

but there are also threads where users report issues related to VR.

So how to solve my issue of CTD every time i fly? It never happened to me before the recent update so it must be the Asobo issue

look at the previous post … same question.

so even if i use PACX and FSUIPC7 it shouldn’t affect it?

Removing mods is number one in case of issues.
( note: so far I remember me, related to your mentioned mods are updates available… But to be sure you have to search a bit within the forum )

If the game still crash without mods, then we can help to find: a fix at your system or a work-around for an issue within the game. And for these the former hints are given.

PS:

1 Like

Same here.

yes… dont forget to create zendesk ticket… the more tickets the higher the priority.

Thois is probably so obvious but how do you access Zendesk?

Well, just crashed with that turned off, so whatever it is, is not only live traffic.