Crash to desktop without error message

I am having the same problem. No mods, community folder is clean. I have yet to experience a CTD untill this latest update. Now I’m getting them everytime I leave the airport or fly for a few minutes.

I have a GTX 1080 Ti, i7 6700k, running on a m.2 ssd

1 Like

I’ve had more CTDs tonight after updating to SU5 than what I had this whole year.

4 Likes

You guys using MSI Afterburner or any other overclocking to your GPU?

Before SU5 I was always overclock my GPU and there was no problem but after SU5 the sim does not like the overclocking and does CTD. So I decided to not overclock and closed the Msi Afterburner. Not a single CTD after all.

So try to disable overclock.

Plenty of people joining our club. Welcome all. Can’t say I feel happy you had to end up in our bottomless pit of CTDs, but it is what it is.

1 Like

Speaking as someone who has been experiencing CTDS since January I have to say I’m overjoyed with the fallout from this update. I can only hope something similar will afflict XBox users. That way at least Asobo and Microsoft will be forced to be far more proactive in getting to the bottom of this issue as opposed to sweeping it under the carpet.

Hopefully they will stop producing ever more fluff and nonsense and get down to actually rectifying the issues they’ve caused since the turn of the year. Unfortunately there is no way to really hit them where it hurts, in the wallet, as we’ve already paid for it, but I think I will just go back to XP11 and do some flying, albeit not in a VFR wonderland.

Take a leaf out of the Square Enix book and grasp the nettle the way they did with FFXIV Microsoft. Start again from the ground up. This is a mess. You can roll a ■■■■ in glitter but it still ends up being a ■■■■.

6 Likes

We proudly release our newest performance update!
Its called:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000019e5fd7
Faulting process id: 0x2d8c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7837e5f0862fa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: b741d3d5-0826-4a54-b461-41596e76a921
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

9 Likes

i use afterburner but never overclock gpu, is factory overclocked, use msia only for look graphics after crash, and change fan control, default take gpu at 80+ c*, with change curvature t about 70 ± 1*c yes it much more unstable than was before

2 Likes

I’m in the club too. This sucks 1500+ hours and I get a CTD before I can start a flight. I’ve had more CTDs today than in the last 3 months.

Ryzen 9 3900x, RTX 3090, 64g RAM…

2 Likes

even far cry 4 more stable than this right now

4 Likes

SU5 is also causing crashes for me. Community folder is clean and I’m on latest nvidia drivers. Sometime scrash seconds after intial loading, sometimes during initial loading bar before reaching main menu, sometimes during download of content updates… this sucks. Never had a problem before.

5 Likes

I’m giving it one more shot tonight. Microsoft better clean this up. This may be the worst update they’ve put out since the release last year.

1 Like

I doubt that has anything to do with it. There are too many of us having issues on a multitude of setups to say it’s OC’ing. This, as the vast majority of issues w/this title, is on the Microsoft side. I really figured that this going to XBOX would prevent these occurrences. The number of affected people when they pull this nonsense is way higher now. Looks like QC didn’t check this update(AGAIN). Sitting here with a beast rig and I can’t fly. Needless to say, every other game I own runs just fine on it. Ugh…

6 Likes

I don’t know why a flight simulator is released on the XBOX anyway :smiley:

6 Likes

Because good eye candy and money and because they can. Hopefully the Xbox version will be stabler and MS/Asobo will learn something out of it and/or use income from console sales to keep improving the sim (and it needs lots of improvement).

Whether all this has any appeal to hardcore flight simmers, it’s not for me to say.

Simply put, money. It just really seems like these updates are poorly, if at all, tested before release. Every single one of them has been a nightmare. You can almost bet that the forums will light up on update day with posts like what went up today. The must test better going forward.

I really hope something good comes from this, i have spend a lot of time getting msfs to work /install again on my PC without result, got a lot of advice from good willing people from Zendesk and on this forum. I hoped yesterday update would fix my problems, but it did not. I can install the game from the store but upon first run it crashes in the first scenery screen on both of my desktops without even downloading content. I agree with many others on this forum that the fault can not be on the users side only, there is something structurally wrong with msfs. And it needs to be fixed.

1 Like

what we more or less expected, because we assumed the issue lies, in your case, not in game.

1 Like

@ All

Please don’t forget to:

• add the message from Windows Event Log
  • basic system specs
  • possible tools running in parallel ( e.g. Afterburner )

PS.: say “I have a CTD” is like to say “my car will not start” :wink:

1 Like

Finally fixed my sim. For me, it was not re-installing the FBW 320X. I never use that plane, so I forgot to do it. I re-installed via the FBW installer, restarted my sim, and now I’m sitting on the runway in my F-15C at KAUS. Let’s see if I make it to KMEM…

The general advice for any new update is to fly default planes only until you establish a baseline of stability. No community mods whatsoever. Once you have a few flights completed with no issues, then begin to re-introduce mods. That way you know if it’s the sim or the addons.

2 Likes