Crash to desktop without error message

If you are posting about your issue here to get help, what you have put on the table is not enough. Your issue also appear to differ from that other people have. You really need to provide detailed information about your PC configuration and state what you have already done, i.e. Windows and driver updates etc.

You find the driver setting by having “Adjust image settings with preview” set to “Use the advanced 3D image settings”.
Then in “Manage 3D settings” → “Program Settings” → “Microsoft Flight Simulator” set “Max Frame Rate” to 30.

Try it out! It might work for you as well

I tried this, still CTDs on world load for me :(.

4 Likes

It actually worked for me! Same as you: stopped the loading crash and the intro video was very smooth. So, the problem has to be with the NVIDIA driver.
I will try some workarounds. As mentioned before, one guy was able to fix this by limiting the max fps on the NVIDIA control panel ( I already tried that but it not worked for me). Maybe I can find something similar to that.
Please let me know if you find something too.

3 Likes

I have this exact same crash. It randomly started happening after a day of no crashes.

1 Like

Does not fix it for me at all. Paging set to auto on every drive in my PC, dried manual as well. Also ran as admin and every other suggestion online.

I have logged a ticket and after some copy and paste solutions. They have stopped responding since Thursday so I am not sure who to talk to now? I’ve even offered support to remote into my PC if it helps them.

My Computer crashes after the “Press any key to start” screen.

I have followed every step on the two links in the support section (can’t link)
“How to troubleshoot crashes & CTDs at the loading screen”
“KNOWN ISSUES (Last modified: 8/22/2020)”

I have reinstalled C++ redistributables multiple times.
Reinstalled the game multiple times.
Disconnected all peripherals
GPU drivers updated. Windows updated (ver. 2004), XBOX apps, (including the BETA) and all apps in windows store updated
Run game as admin
Disabled Firewalls, Windows Defender and antivirus
Closed all other applications but the XBOX and windows app
Installed in C drive and D drive (both ssd)
Time and Date and region all correct

I have even changed permissions in the game files - still no avail

i9 9900K
32GB RAM @4000mhz
RTX 2080Ti

Please guys. My dad is a retired pilot and really wants to play this game on my PC and I am having trouble setting this up for him!

1 Like

ram native xmp 4000 or oc? if ram oc and stable in any other situation it can be stay cause in mfs

There are quite a few CTD issues, but it sounds like yours might be related to Enflish (US) not being installed under Languages. Have you tried that?

3 Likes

Native. But turning it off to default value didn’t fix the issue

You’re a F’n legend. Since release, even the support team couldn’t help. I knew it had something to do with the New Zealand region but couldn’t figure out what

1 Like

Super glad I could help, I happened to see that suggestion on a few other threads. Happy flying!

2 Likes

The pagefile fix i posted here definitely fixed that issue for me.
I’ve been buttery smooth with zero crashes since.

I had this random crashing issue too, turned off Bluetooth and have had two days of use with out the Pgm crashing.
I really want to use my xbox control for the drone cam but I don’t dare! (Can you use a cable connection and no Bluetooth?)

Ok, in my case I can now get flights to load without issue for the first time since launch, but only if data features are turned off. More specifically, I can turn ALL online features ON other than Bing Data World Graphics. If I have that on when starting a flight, it CTD’s, guaranteed. If I turn it off and load a flight, no CTD but the exact second I re-enable Bing Data World Graphics, it crashes again. I feel like I’m extremely close after a week of troubleshooting. My firewall is off and I have no anti-virus running… does anyone know why Bing Data would insta-crash my sim? Note: I’ve tried with rolling cache on and off, and different sizes, and on different drives as well as the drive the sim is installed to.

I will try it out. Apparently things like xbox controllers are making it crash.

I’ve been using Xbox controller this whole time…never disconnected it.

Wow, you have already done a lot of work. I’m no computer expert but if you are willing to accept some ideas and questions, here goes. Have you done stress and memory test. Does your CPU/GPU have any overclocking, if so try removing that. I suggest that because even if you have games before, FS2020 does heavily load those components. As a start.

I’ll cut to the chase… When I saw you’re topic title before clicking, I said to myself they have 16gb of ram.
Certain areas in the sim (even when running on close to recommended video settings - I have 16gb or ram and a 1080ti…) for example KMCO, will crash the program with no message. I could never spawn there, but flew into the pattern from a nearby airport. It is a detailed custom built airport (not generic) and with lower setting, was able to get to base leg of the pattern before getting kicked out. I willing to bet money, that with 32gb, you wouldn’t have your issues. I bet no one with 32gb is getting kicked our KMCO…that’s my theory.

None of the fixes here have helped. The game will crash when i try and spawn at big airports. I only have 16gb of RAM.

Yup i had the same problem meanwhile I could spawn just fine at little island airports.
I used the pagefile fix but I also ordered and installed another 16GB of RAM.
So now I have 32GB…runs smooth as butter no stutters no crashes now