Crash to desktop without error message

yep… dont mix the MSFS application ( 1.09GIG ) which steam verified and the “content” which the MSFS application itself installs. I added a link above.

oh trust me… I was also not happy about such a worst steam integration :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for that. It does explain the redownload.

Kind Regards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is some interesting information about ‘SearchApp.exe’ and how it has been known to cause high CPU temperatures and interfere with the Nvidia Control Panel.

‘Cortana keeps searchapp.exe running all the time (causing cpu’s to get hot)’.

As I have said above, I disable ‘SearchApp.exe’ when using my flight simulator with the free Razor Game Booster just because it can cause problems as described in the Microsoft article. I do this just as a precaution. If SearchApp.exe is not re-enabled, the search function from the task bar will be removed. Razor re-enables it for you once you stop using MSFS etc. I have had NO issues disabling ‘SearchApp.exe’ and re-enabling it after flying.

If you are having problems with your simulator, (stutters etc.) this might be something to research or consider.

Edit:

In retrospect, if I was having CTD’s I might try disabling ‘SearchApp.exe’ temporarily, especially if allegedly, it has been reported to interfere with the Nvidia Control Panel. Anything is worth a ‘shot’.

It appears in the Razor options as something to consider closing…

As you can see, ‘SearchApp.exe’ has been using a WHOPPING 176MB of memory when my system is idle!

Charles.

Hi TenPatrol, I am not claiming this, as you can see I have ‘quoted’ from the article on the report on the Microsoft web page that I linked to. My temperatures are OK too. I don’t like the sound of anything that can allegedly interfere with the Nvidia CP. Charles.

Edit:
Perhaps Microsoft should make a ‘Lite’ version of the OS especially for us 'gamers without the fancy ‘bells and whistles’ and background process that most of us don’t need or ever use! :smiley:

1 Like

please give us informations about your CTD. When it happens, your system specs and the message from windows event viewer.

1 Like

Well, after multiple attempts, I’m manage a couple of short flights, intermixed with numerous CTD’s, here are a few …

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000009dd838
Faulting process ID: 0x18f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d788456ce6fd63
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 6dc21abb-3a91-4363-846e-13ade7bba1f6
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting process ID: 0x1eb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7884a9c3fc5e4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: ba041699-19af-473d-929a-a897cfb75149
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting process ID: 0x3eec
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78857b8395169
Report ID: 30a386bc-9c90-48a2-b58b-470bb0059fe3

Faulting process ID: 0x35d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7885f13656dcc
Report ID: 3088abbd-461c-41b4-a7c8-6ad1187d4240

Faulting process ID: 0x3d20
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7886064359d90
Report ID: c1fac407-f39d-41c4-8700-c40691986689

these “not nice” …0005…

I found a topic where they want track all the issues since SU5. But pleas be sure in this case. Try without installed mods and be fair and report in case it is realy since SU5 :slight_smile:

Try to give much infos you can that devs can find quickly an first starting point.

For us here is 00005 with no specific “dll” ( etc) always the worst case, because we can only step through the usually (old) reasons.

1 Like

@MagneticCap7163 you recieved a DM/PM,
that goes into detail, why your post was flagged by the community.
Please see the posts above:

1 Like

I’ve tried with both the Community folder empty, and with just one mod in (the FBW latest dev version) and get pretty much the same results. Sometimes when I click on the FLY button in the World Window after loading an aircraft and airport, and the sim will freeze, the loading screen will be greyed out and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to exit, sometimes it will make it to the READY TO FLY screen. At this point very occasionally the sim will load (about 1 in 10), but usually I will get a CTD. This is with both the Community Folder empty, and with just the FBW in. Before SU5, I honestly don’t think I ever had a CTD, or have it freeze. My problems were with stutters and pauses up until the latest release.

My error messages are also this 000005 you mentioned.

I guess this is by far the most common error message.

1 Like

yes… I notice this too. For freeze we have other topics ( but can be reported wihtin the linked topic ). One of these freeze I “fixed” ( not realy, but no other word ) with deinstalling a add-on EGLC. But some days later I had a similar freeze nearby ( I assume somewhat with england is nok , or server issue, or I dont know ). I would assume this is related to the update.

I noticed much more reports since SU5 about CTD with these common 0000005. We wrote days ago about possible “workarounds”, but not sure which was helpfull for users. I have to say I not have CTDs… @TheAviator3506 , made some tries.

For me the “not nice thing” is, that seemingly also other old issues are back. And I ask me, whether we have to go to the beginning of these thread and check also all old reasons for a CTD again. I personaly hope more that devs can help affected users with a patch. But I know that such a patch is not implemented in “three” days.

And we should also not forget the users which run into crashs which have nothing to do with the SU5. All not easy.

1 Like

I also have 0000005, but it only occures sometimes at loading and not while in flight.
Therfore I am ignoring it right now, since it seems for me it is update related.
There was only one exception where I had a CTD mid flight and that was London near EGLC (have a custom EGLC airport installed). This region has been a problematic area for me concerning CTDs even before the update, so I recommend to stay away from it for testing purposes.

2 Likes

Was flying with my brother who has laptop with i7 and only 1070gtx. I have i9 with 2080ti. We would fly from opis to oprn and I kept crashing to desktop while no trouble to him. What’s wrong with my system…:frowning:

may be nothing and it is a application issue, or may be all the possible reasons for a crash ( from heating issue, application conflict, usb disconnect, etc. ).

Can you please also check the Windows Event Viewer for an error entry ?

1 Like

Thanks… I started with alpha last Jan. Till beta came out I had no issues. I had similar to now issues last July. Then finally in October November and updates I was able to run fine. Out comes the new update and hot fix… now it again crashes in flight or in menu all random… no heating or any other issues. No addons etc… like I said my brother laptop doesn’t crash… : (

Hi all! Please keep all topics in Bugs & Issues clear of general discussions. This area of the forum is for members helping members with issues. All other discussions as to “why” or “how” these can be addressed should be done in another topic in #community:general-discussion-feedback or to an existing topic that discusses this. Creating such posts in threads like this when others are trying to assist others causes the topic to derail and disrupt.

Officially, all bugs & issues should be reported to Zendesk. Provide as much detail as possible including crash dumps.

3 Likes

this sounds then like an issue with the update. As former mentioned, these CTDs are random.

To be more sure you can post the Message from Windows Event Viewer here.

( windows → event … → search an error entry related to flightsimulator and copy/paste the message to here. )

My crashes are on the world map and when I click Fly, I haven’t even been able to start any flight since the SU5.

I have no content in the community folder, my only add-on from the MarketPlace is the Top Rudder from Asobo.

1 Like

hey fellow simmer

i was also suffering from CTD
at first randomly until the nordic WU, then everything went fine and smooth even with mods.
I was hyped by the SU5 and the promising perf upgrade
yet the update came live constant CTD when pressing fly

did everything to solve the issue trying all the fixes in here
the only thing i didn’t try was to sacrifice a goat on a full moon :slight_smile:

but i finally found a fix (for me at least)

so my msfs is the steam ultra premium edition
eveything was installed on a nvme D drive ( exFat)
Ryzen 5950x
RTX 3090
64gb ram @3200

auto OC on the cpu gpu is stock and i use xmp

what i did :

• format the D drive to NTFS
    -reinstall the base game on my main drive (also a nvme)
  • put back all the package on the D drive
    -launched the sim, point the right folder during the install et voilà

i just did 2 short flight to test one of them is bora bora discovery and another one in megève france where i just takeoff

seems to work for now i will give more testing this week-end when i have more time

i don’t know why but it seems ok for now

1 Like