Crash to desktop without error message

in my situation limitation of fps make msfs more unstable, may be because i use vsync or half vsync for this in nvinspector, i don’t sure

The developers do here job and we have no impact how they do it , and thats good.

Thus let us focus in this issue thread on finding the reason, may be the mod x in your case , instead to tell the developers what they have to do :slight_smile:

What we know is, that not only mods from community folder are relevant and can cause CTD… e.g. the FBW…

Not sure what to suggest. I can tell you that I upgraded my system from a 9900K Z390 board to a 11900K Z590 board, with 32GB 3600 memory, using XMP, and I’ve had no crashes so far.

It was a simple disk swap, not reinstall of the OS. I had some driver tidying, chipset, and IRST mainly, and it’s been fine.

I can’t say for sure whether it’s software or hardware causing these issues, or a combination of both perhaps.

2 Likes

no issues with that… main monitor in-game limit is “30” , which is for my monitor then 37.5fps.
note: the limit of 145fps in screenshot is because of my second monitor only. I had can also set a special limit for the game, but it works as it is.

i’ll try it, think 50 for me is very enough, i thought it could be v-sync cause, but wasn’t sure

a note about vsync: don’t forget it depends on your monitor fps (Hz). The settings 60/30/20 match only in case you own a 60fps monitor. This differs to the fps-limit in nvidia control center, where you can limit the fps in generally. Vsync is just for monitor sync. At least these things are a good option to not let run you pc allways in full-load for fps-value which nobody need in a flight-sim :)… and this, to come back to topic, can avoid CTC caused by overheating :slight_smile:

2 Likes

sure, that why i use it with all my games with ultra low latency mod, and have stable 97fps in all of games, exclude crysis remastered and crysis warhead:) in msfs i does try 1/1 1/2 anything works not very good

tried that, It’s been 5 mins I’m on the main screen, options, marketplace etc… no CTD for now…
Finger crossed, this could help my situation.
thank you for your tip !!!
If I have time, I’ll fly this afternoon to try it out.

Thx again.

1 Like

I have exactöy the same combo. The one you changed from. I have also had trouble with other software like pubg always crashing to desktop in full screen mode.

if that helps, it points to a issue with heating, or also possible a PSU issue…

With the limit to 30fps in nviidia control center you reduce of course the gpu load much.

Thus… may be you have to check the hardware then ( or the cooling concept ).

I explained the reason of my CTD at load screen:
memmove at base+0x20DB7A1 in 1.18.15.0

// pop_front, CTD when unk_cnt1 == 0
  j_memmove(x->arrDw, x->arrDw + 1, 4i64 * (unsigned int)(x->unk_cnt1 - 1));
  --x->unk_cnt1;
  ++x->unk_cnt2;

" issue thread on finding the reason" → reason is bad code, not the user setup ! (bad code doesn’t mean bad devs, it can mean either rushed or QA-less).
An “it works on my machine” release should not be fixed by cloning the developer setup to user machines… this is crazy. If you really want users to fix the problem themselves then let’s create a modding community dedicated to fixing bugs via a mod… not via listings of possible problems with completely wrong statements about what a crash report mentioning the vc runtime is, or even a 0xC0000005 is…
More than half the posts made me cry, rumors over rumors, people shouldn’t talk about crash dumps when they are not devs, end of the story. I’m a C++ dev with a PhD in CG, I do reverse engineering for cheat development (I have my morals) and modding (currently helping on Cyberpunk, even discovered and exploited a vulnerability)… so when I say it’s broken code, I have a high degree of confidence and authority to say it is broken code.

Again, if you want to find the reason, it is in the code, and we’ll need benevolent devs to create temporary fixes until Asobo’s devs get back from holidays (France…).

I really don’t want to be mean, but this thread currently looks like “Car leaks oil, how to fix” and instead of fixing the engine you try to find user-level workarounds like “put the car into a bag”, or “remove all the oil”…

5 Likes

just adding my latest findings since hotfix 2. I was CTD 100pct of time after hotfix still ctd 100pct of time when hitting the fly button. Havnt managed to get passed this since SU5. I try just about anything thats posted on here to try and fix. Last effort was complete reinstall of windows and the sim again. totally flattened and vanilla but still CTD 100pct. I guess Im hoping SU6 will bring better news.

2 Likes

A solution worked for me.
I had crashes as soon as I launched a flight (click “fly now”)
My disk where MSFS is installed was in exFAT (which until the last update was not a problem), I therefore formatted the disk in NTFS and no more crashes by clicking on “FLY now”.
I have not tested in the long term if there are crashes but at least I can launch flights now.
Hoping that it can help some

1 Like

I dont think it has to do with frame rate limitations as same crashes occur even in lower setting os the sim. And have had fairly stable sim for many months till the latest update… much lower laptop runs it without problems…

ähmm… yes… why I mentioned to try this, is just because we have not less cases like happend for @Larryadd ( Crash to desktop without error message - #5171 by Larryadd ) . Its just only a test whether this helps, and in case it helps the users get a good starting point where possible the issue is. Of course there are many other reasons for CTDs :slight_smile:

we heard this often and then it was the opposite of that :wink:

then, it’s all clear for you… We can ask the moderators to close that topic ?

:sob: am geting fed up with ctd now

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001f45d54
Faulting process id: 0x24e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d78c50e0c0d1ef
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 0deb97d7-1894-4e3a-8ada-3d95dd465348
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Yay! I’ve had my first CTD of the new patch. It was one of the “ucrtbase.dll” ones, but I already have the US English language pack installed.

I was spawning at San Bernardino International (KSBD). The sim crashed before I spawned in. I relaunched the sim, then I spawned in without issue, and was able to finish my flight to KLAX.

KSBD has some really messed up buildings. 90% of them are missing. I can’t be sure I chose the same parking spot when I spawned so that may have something to do with it for all I know.

its not only that reason. 409+ucr…dll was often the lang pack.

Then comes the sound driver issues on top ( may be since a windows update x ) which cause also the ucr…dll , but with error 409 or 005. ( or also sometime somewhat is blocked from e.g. anti-vir tool )

And we have the rare reported cases of 005 + ucr…dll where we are not sure what the reason was ( e.g. I remember VR case ).

Mine was the 005 kind. I haven’t installed that optional update for Windows, the preview of the next Cumulative Update. But since my CTD was not repeatable, and I was able to spawn as well as finish my flight without any more issues, I’m inclined to leave things alone for now.