Crash to desktop without error message

It fixes other issues aswell but I suppose if it’s nothing you need then sure, then don’t. Personally I’d like to go back to straight after SU5, no CTDs, 45fps London rooftops @ LOD 200 but since then the 1st hotfix has cost me several frames, the 2nd I don’t think so.

1 Like

Thank you. Formatting my external SSD from exFAT to NTFS seems to have completely fixed the crashes for me, I’ve just done a 2.5h flight with no issues whatsoever (keeping FPS capped at 30, but I’ll try to uncap and see if it changes anything).

2 Likes

I use the Premium-Deluxe-Edition and have crashes (CTD’s) every single time I use the simulator.
A friend of mine flies the standard edition and cannot notice any crashes.
Is there maybe a problem in the “large editions” of the flight simulator? Can anybody confirm this?

• my community folder is empty
  • rolling cache reseted (deleted and new one created)
  • turned off AI-Traffic, Multiplayer and live-weather
  • deinstalled / deleted FlyByWire A320 and any other marketplace-addons except the Asobo-addons
  • everything else is done as described in the Microsoft / Zendesk Help Guide

EVERY SINGLE TIME I WAN’T TO PLAY FLIGHT SIMULATOR 2020 I HAVE A CRASH TO DESKTOP !

1 Like

I have premium deluxe. With SU5 my CTDs vanished, so I cannot confirm.

I also have the Premium Deluxe, my constant CTD’s were created by SU5, but the last hotfix solved the problem.

Constant CTD for me as well. Went through every single step along with reinstalling windows and no luck

Hello.
Try deleting what this folder contains.
C: \ Users \ YorUser \ AppData \ Local \ Temp

A lot of folk that install to 2nd drives are having various issues particularly external drives, do you mind if I ask?

Done, didn’t change anything. Still have CTD’s…

same here, still crashes as soon as i press Fly

Just after take off within the Norway bushtrip leg 5, CTD.

I’m trying again as we speak, no CTD as of yet🤞🏼

Hi, i tried today a flight out of EFHK (payware add-on), CTD after 10min on the ground, just after i finished my cockpit prep. with VATSIM…working during those 10min.
Then EKCH-EDDM with VATSIM: no CTD, but VATSIM crashed upon taxiing in EKCH, and refused to login again. I performed the entire flight without prob, except the fact that VATSIM still doesn’t work since update.

With all aircraft? I for example always fly the Caravan which causes many CTD’s. However I can fly the 152 or 172.

Check that you have BOTH hotfixes installed

CTD every flight now. Unplayable. Tried every update, tried complete fresh installs, tried everything on zendesk suggestions, don’t use mods, tried this…and that…and this…nothing works, game is broken.

ryzen 5 3600
16GB ram
3060ti

Guess I’ll wait for the next patch and hope it works, adding my specs incase it helps the devs somehow.

But you are getting in the air? Try explaining when and how and I or someone else might have an idea. Just as an example I got hit by the atc bug as I entered UK airspace but I recognised what it was and after repeating the event to test and getting the same result I simply changed a setting in traffic.

This also worked for me!
I was running Flight Simulator from an external disk formatted with exFAT, and a reformat to NTFS solved my CTD’s.
Thanks for posting!

1 Like

I searched for over a week for a solution. I’m glad if it was useful to someone.

3 Likes

I know this wont work for everybody, but I appear to have fixed my CTD issue.

after update 5 I was experiencing CTD without error message at random intervals: when I press FLY, or in between loads, not often in flight, (although occasionally). mostly it was happening at some point in the loading process. and every time I was in game.
I tried everything on all the forums, reducing framerate and quality, turning off AI and real time air traffic, deleting community folder etc. etc
but as I was not receiving an error message, I suspected hardware.

I updated my system board bios and have been CTD free for 4 days now ( fingers crossed )

Just saying. Please make sure all your drivers and software are up to date.

Cheers

platform - PC
MSFS2020 on Steam edition
Ryzen 5900X
MSI MAG X570 tomahawk
Radeon RX6800
Corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz 64GB

2 Likes

I have used FSIM 2020 perhaps 200 times and loved the scenery and flying performance. Since the July update, I tried to fly once and got a black screen. Tried again and it said I had to install 130gb again. So I did.
I flew. It was great. Stutter was much reduced on my AMD higher end machine and I felt this was a real winner. When done I quit.

I restarted later and…FSIM 2020 starts to load and doesnt even get to the world map screen. It gets to the point where it is approximately 65% loaded, and then the monitor signal to both monitors shuts off and the computer is unresponsive (hung)… I have to pull the power cord out to get it to shut down… 100% of the time. Not even intermittent.

This issue isnt listed in the “known problems” list either as far as I could see. There are plenty of black screen issues. I tried all the solutions:

I tried:
1:emptying the community folder
2: shutting off the audio services
3: setting framerate to 30 in the nvidia control panel
4: updating to the latest nvidia drivers
5:setting the exe to administrator privileges
6: shutting down antivirus (avast)
7: defender was already shut off but turned off windows firewall
8: finally just deleted it and reinstalled the entire product from steam where I bought it.
9: reinstalled the c++ redistributable package (2017)

After ALL those things together, the behavior didnt change one bit … Still loaded and got to about 65% then monitor signal shut off and the computer hung.

My feeling now is that Asobo has rushed an update out that is crippled…

Is there any word on when a proper update will be offered?

1 Like