Crash to desktop without error message

I’m getting similar errors and messages.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Faulting module name: CoherentUIGT.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5e96d9b8
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000146495
Faulting process ID: 0x3578
Faulting application start time: 0x01d67b250ef61f12
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\CoherentUIGT.dll
Report ID: a3cb40e3-b07d-47fa-98bc-4dfbd1f933bf
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I have examine my system resources and it looks like the game uses an insane amount of system RAM.
The game on medium settings when loading is using easily 12GB of System RAM.

Could it be that the game is memory leaking?

i7 6700K | 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 | GTX 1070.

I have 32GB of ram … the max what i have seen is 20 GB!!

1 Like

I would upgrade to 32GB, but I don’t see the point when the recommended specs are 16GB. 16GB is well enough for all my other applications.

Sure, 16GB is enough for this game… I play it in ultra settings… so if you choose high or medium this should be less than 20 GB.

Again… I think the AVX on CPU is the issue!

I’m crashing a lot with 32 GB too.

That"s not specific to Flight Simulator, but among all Steam users:
4 GB => 6.34 %
8 GB => 32.80 %
16 GB => 40.25 %
More dans 16 GB => 8.61 %

guilherme14gui - Thanks for confirming. This rules out the theory that a wrong graphics card identification on th MS online account could be the cause of the CTD.

1 Like

Thanks for that info–I would have expected more people to have >16gb. It’s how I built my system 5 years ago. I work with a lot of Linux apps that eat RAM like candy, so I almost always over-spec on memory.

I have about 8 hours over the past 3 days of doing some crazy things with only a single CTD (trying to bring London up at 4K in Ultra mode). Last night I flew between a dozen different airports over about 2 hours with zero issues. That was after 3 days of endless crashes (never more than 20 minutes without a CTD).

My physical memory has hit 97% on occasion, so it doesn’t surprise me that more than 16Gb is needed. But given the number of variables in PC setups there are obviously more reasons than just memory for app crashes. I’m just stunned at how my setup went from Awful to Awesome with just one change.

Have you changed your Windows Virtual Memory settings just in case? I’m hitting 97% on my 16Gb setup regularly (with every app possible closed) and it changed everything for me instantly.

Have indeed, gave myself 16GB page file.

And still crashing? That’s a bummer. I just added an additional 16Gb of physical RAM to my system (total of 32Gb) and will see if it affects performance. I can’t complain at the moment with an i7-6700, SATA3 SSD, and an RTX 2060 Super.

Hopefully the rumored patch on 8/27 resolves a lot of the issues people are seeing.

They’ve only promised a release date for the patch during the Dev update on the 27th.

It may still be a ways out, just in case people are hoping that the 27th is when they’ll be able to play.

I am not personally putting my hopes up on it being fixed this week, in any case. My gut says it’s a few weeks out yet. Here’s hoping I am wrong!

2 Likes

Same here, it crashes with different BSOD screens sometimes

Hi, why did you do that?

I’ve played so far a lot to FS2020 with only a few crashes. I even completed two of the three multistage events (Nevada and Balkans). On side note, they use slow planes compared to jets, and never involve big cities.
I also completed a Paris-Bordeaux (around 500 Km) flight with the A320.
But today, i started to have more systematic crashes.

1a) Rouen-Paris-Lyon with the Jet plane : CTD before Paris
1b) same route to try to reproduce, but this time the game CTD only seconds before landing to Lyon.

1. Montauk - New-York crashed in the middle of the trip

So i decided to move my install from HDD to a SSD - which took quite some time.
Anyway, here’s my final specs after this operation:

• Ryzen 2600 + GTX 1080
  • 32 GB system Ram
  • Game installed on an SSD
  • System page files set to auto-size on an other SSD
  • main UHD monitor + second FHD monitor
  • Game is set to Ultra, with render scale set to 80%.

Then i tried an other flight with the same Jet plane, while monitoring FS Ram and disk usage on secondary display.
3a) Chicago - Washington : CTD during loading, as memory usage was raising (just above 20 GB of validated Ram used by FS)
3b) same route : same result (oh, reproducibility, i like that)
3c) Before third attempt, i closed Google Chrome to free more than 5 GB before starting. Same route again : this time, the game loads, with validated Ram reaching 23 GB used by FS.
Hurrah!
Sadly, it crashed after around two hours of flight - i wasn’t doing anything fancy, plane was on autopilot.
Validated Ram was only slightly above 20 GB for FS, and system had still physical Ram available…

I think i’ll give up for now :frowning:

Edit: From Windows 10 reliability monitor, all my crashes report show a c0000005 exception code (Access Violation).

1 Like

Random crashes on my system, 2700x + GTX1080ti, 32GB ram, installed on nvme SSD. Latest drivers and windows updates installed. MSFS just closes, no error message… can’t identify a pattern.

I am getting the crash to desktop, only managed to complete one long range flight. Every long-distance flight I typically crash on approach. Thought I was running out of memory, so I upgraded yesterday from 32gb to 64gb. Still crash to desktop. System is not overtaxed at all…I think the worst part of this is I have lost almost 20 hours of flying time that is not getting recorded…

Formally submitted a ticket as well for the crashing…

1 Like

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, version: 27.21.14.5206, time stamp: 0x5f34699f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000075e700
Faulting process id: 0x2464
Faulting application start time: 0x01d67b443283b152
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_b2dd7130a686a22f\nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
Report Id: d3cc932c-c42e-423e-b4ee-4c0c17bd4f4a
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

and found this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-crash-faulting-module-name-nvwgf2umxdll/5c6171b0-92df-483c-be83-86219ab8d17a?page=1

Is it just me, or is everyone in this thread using Nvidia graphics? Anyone with AMD GPU having issues?

at what point does it CTD desktop ? I couldn’t get my rig to even get to the menu and a few suggestions here have me going through almost all the training flights with no issues so far .