Crash to desktop without error message

Just had my first CTD. And in true FSX fashion it was just after I established on the localizer after a 3 hour flight.

1 Like

I also found the problem in the event logs when I had the problem that the game crashed after I clicked “Click any key to play”.

The detour I used was

Close the game and open the file UserCfg.opt @

%appdata%\...\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

edit it with Notepad ++ and change line 18 “Default Custom” or “Default Ultra” or “High” (whatever you choose) simply to “Default Low”, save it in its original place and start the game.

I think these event log entries is a driver/game problem between MFSF and Nvidia. To prevent the game crashes I have turned down the graphic settings but this means that it is possible to reproduce the game crashes by increasing the grapich setting and provoking the game crashes, after that you can see the same event logs again and again.

don’t use it at home, and this is not advice, i just as super lazy idiot forgot to do what i do all the time before, disable all unused devices as nvidia hd audio for monitor, close and change nvidia service status to manual/required(or whatever) from auto, and more importantly disable system restore, so it’s have to be more stable, or may be just without nvidia dlls crash, and after all i reinstall nv drivers and didn’t change settings yet to ultra low latency

same error with 32gb rams 3600mhz

1 Like

I dont understand why MICROSOFT is not answering to this thread, More than 550+ reports of CTDs and still no response from them

they flight in naked system stable sim, and forgot everything, i would lol

I have modified my page file to 16GB and no issues since then…

Microsoft sent me mail about solution for ucrtbase.dll error. Well it did not work. It involves uninstalling all VC++ libs and reinstalling with the latest from link that they provided (which is official microsoft link).
For some it can work. Give it a try. But for me crashes.

Hey guys, I finally managed to get rid of CTDs.
I reviewed my BIOS settings and remembered that I had a small OC done…
My Ryzen 5 3600X was overclocked to 4,25 Ghz (all-core) via multiplicator. I changed the setting to 4,0 Ghz (still overclocked), and since then I don’t have any CTDs.
IIRC the Ryzen core speed and RAM speed somehow correspond via the infinity fabric between them… Don’t remember the details. But maybe this is the connection between , which we should avoid according to the FAQ and <CPU overclocking (esp. Ryzen)> which should not lead to CTDs.
I didn’t think of checking my BIOS before because I was sure that I had my RAM on standard XMP clocks (which was and is true)…
Maybe it’s a special case or I was just lucky, but maybe it helps someone.
Crossing fingers that the issue will get solved completely with a patch though.

Again, I think it is because the FS2020 uses AVX, so you should go for ur OC clock, but set AVX to e.g. -3!!!
For me, it´s look like the most peoples with crashes had only the wrong CPU settings!!

Regards

Hey there, we meet again :wink:
I got the same instructions, also no change for me. I sent them the msinfo and dxdiag from the clean boot. I suspect relatively few users have this issue, since it took them almost a week to respond to the initial report.

Aboso may at times read the forums, but there will be no response from them. To properly contact Aboso, you must use zendesk at the top of the forum page or at the top of the section header. Aboso handles the support, Microsoft does not.

To properly submit bugs & issues, you need to use zendesk. This forum is for community only.

2 Likes

I have sent all gathered info including minidump to them at alpha stage twice and after release once. At alpha stage they categorised it as BUG. After release they send me the auto message and after a week the current message to reinstall VC++ libs. Well its too late for a refund now. I have tried so many things. And tested it on 5 different machines so the only thing is to wait for proper patches in the future.

This bug has been around since the alpha? That’s got to be frustrating. I hope they figure this out, but I can’t spend more time, or fiddle around with my computer, both of which I need for work. To be fair, I’ve read in some developer forum that issues with that dll are hard to pinpoint.

Yes. I use my PC’s for work too. Its hard to reinstall and install stuff that my work software needs :slight_smile:

No OC here. 32 Gb of RAM. Increased the size of pagefile. Turned off AI traffic. Disconnected all my Saitek FIPS as they were turning on and off as a Christmas tree. Cancelled any Simconnect activity. Stopped any other intensive disk/network activity in the background. So far, pretty stable experience except for the occasional CTD. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Also, having Game Mode ON in Windows 10 settings, helps. Not a fix all issue though.

same, some time crash, but in same range some flight without, all slow small beauty ac, from vancouver to tipella, from orcas to tipella, from kathmandu to lukla, but all settings of traffic and time/weather left, real time/weather, real traffic, live real time/weather players… cessna 152 aerobatic, avila, something else… from santa barbara to catalina today was crash before landing, yellow submarine, mean cub

My crashes happen either as soon as you press the ‘ready to fly!’ button, or 4/5 times when the camera scenes before pressing the button, zooms into the plane I’ve loaded.

1 Like

To me it seems that the issue is with USB devices. I have a bluetooth dongle that triggers the CTD when I pull it off (the simulator stops for a few minutes and then crashes). So I’m now disconnecting all non-essentials USB devices (disks etc…) to try