Crash to desktop without error message

Hi Ken,

I own and fly the Mooney without crashs.

As mentioned

, if you are on beta please report issue in beta channels. The developers need your feedback.

On current stable MSFS version all works fine.

since this morning, i get ctds within a few minutes of starting up its really frustrating.
this beta no longer works for me, i just dont understand how it can become this unstable for me overnight

where do i report this on here for beta, not a regular ticket

here , that I linked :slight_smile: … the purple area…

@Ken3801,
All beta issues with any paid marketplace items; needs to stay within the beta forum.

Latest Pre-release Testing - SU7 Update Public Flight/Paid Marketplace Content topics - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Which Nvidia driver are you using? I recommend 472.47 ( Early November, studio version) . I have the Beta…no CTD and good FPS since I installed this one last week. Still stable today

Yes, I updated the driver and so far I have had 4 non-CTD flights. Hope it stays that way…

1 Like

FIXED : Thanks. See a solution to NVidia related users for CTDs here 100% reproducible CTD at specific coordinates for months [grammar.pggmod] - #99 by jubbaC

Hi I have an issue with payware aircraft each time I select an aircraft I havet from the store when I’m loading the game just after Clicking the Ready to FLY, the game crash to Desktop.

Please help.

I’m having CTD before the game even gets to the first splash screen. The game “launches” and terminates with no error message after a black screen and loading wheel for about 3-4 seconds. I tried everything on the basic and advanced troubleshooting checklists - fresh game reinstall, reinstall gaming services, visual c++ packages, etc… I’ve tried many combos of windows builds and recent nvidia drivers with absolutely no improvement.

I just format my PC fresh install of windows 11 and Flight Sim 2020.
I have a CTD only when I start a new flight with a plane I bought from the sim market. Otherwise no problem.
So I can not play with the plane I payed for.

Can I sent a video for you guys to see what happening ?
What I can do ?

inform the developer :wink:

PS: additional you can give the community more informations about the aircraft to bought and may be the log-message from windows event viewer.

I found an answer I put directx 11 not directx 12 in option.

Haven played for a couple of weeks, so had to update the game today when i started it. Several ctd:s during it, no warnings no nothing.

Then after it was updated the problem continued, just random crashes, when starting the gane up, or when in the air, no warrnings no messages.

Could be my pc ofcourse, run a i7 11700 and a gtx 3070 and 32gb of ram. So gonna go play some other games and see what happens.

I have CTD’s only if MSI Afterburner is installed. It doesn’t need to be running at all, installed is enough to have a CTD!

Zendesk support said to me to uninstall MSI Afterburner. It sounds completely nuts as it worked flawlessly before WU V (not sure, could be IV) with MSI Afterburning OCing my GPU and I can play other games with GPU OCed to the limit for hours without crash!

As we’re in summer down here, I’m currently using Afterburner only to spool up the GPU fans and no OC.

My PC never crashes for anything else, just MSFS 2020. And I use it only for games, not my daily driver… So just Steam, Battle. net and its games installed, plus Afterburner!

That’s sad!

the Support tell you this with a reason : the experiance of this communitly. That Afterburner ( more often the contained outdated Riva Tuner ) can cause issues is well known and also the FAQ mentioned that. What you can try if not already done: install latest Afterburner version or Riva Tuner… ( what I remeber is, that newer versions of AB cause no issues … you can also open windows event log and show us the error-message )

In case you Overclock your PC , what you do if I understand you correct, the reason for your issue sounds more like a none stable OC. OC was and is one of major trouble maker in relation with MSFS. Do not overclock your system, in special not your GPU where most of them already factory overclocked, and then enjoy a stable system and flight.

My first port of call with CTDs has always been to rollback Nvidia drivers - usually fixes it first time.

I’m always updating to the latest version as possible and I know this might not be the smartest move as well. But my biggest suspect so far is the Riva Tuner server something that is always running, it doesn’t make sense that a software just installed (and not running) is crashing a game, so my eyes now are on Riva. I’ll try later to just stop it and run MSFS…

Regarding OC… Well… I’m pretty familiar with it. Even that my GTX 1660 Super OC is easily capable of maintaining 2.1ghz in the GPU and 7.2ghz in the memory for hours on full load, for MSFS it doesn’t make that much of a difference. I’ve already burnt a brand new FX 5200 back in the day and I’m OCing my GPUs since Riva was the name of my GPU… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Which version are you using now?

Just another update since i see a lot of other posts on here. When i updated to the newest nvidia driver on 12/20/21, i changed msfs2020 general settings back to DX11 and have had no CTD’s. I also have turned off the windows based HAG which has increased stability greatly. I did a 5 hour flight on Sunday and had no CTD, no stuttering on ultra settings. I’ve also observed that my GEforce experience is telling me that the settings are not optimized for MSFS2020 even though my settings within the game under Options-General are set to Ultra. I’ve chosen to stick with only changing in the in game Options and not letting Nvidia apply what it thinks is the optimization for the msfs2020 software. I’m running the most current release of MSFS2020 (with all updates)- Premium Deluxe. I have an I9 computer with 64GB memory and Dual nvidia 2080supers.

3 Likes