Crash to desktop without error message

Hi all,
were you able to solve the issue?
I have the same problem; Sim removed from the drive and re-installed completely.
Get sto at about 50% of the bar (after the updates).
Its a I5-6200U, NVIDIA 940MX (what is at minimum- I know). Thank for any help!

Turning off Bluetooth does seem to fix my problem 100%. I did some testing and it seems to be just the Arc Touch mouse that is causing it. With Bluetooth on, I am able to connect wireless headphones and a Xbox One controller without issue. I’ve been three days crash free thankfully. Hopefully the upcoming patch fixes the mouse issue.

So, an update for me that finally allowed me to complete my flight from KSLC > KSEA. I dropped my Memory clock to the default of 2133mhz, I was previously running 3800mhz with memory that has a profile capable of 4000mhz. The most common thing I can find for my CTD’s is it is typically at an airport that has a ton of players at it. I am either flying past it or trying to land at it. Going to continue my flight to another point and see if I can fly past three hours.

1 Like

In that case, I am gonna reset the Payment in my paypal :wink: .

They refunded mine. Also a digital download (MS Store). I contacted xbox support. They refunded in 24 hours.

I explained to them all my issues, which is mostly what is brought up on this forum, and constant CTD’s and that I never experienced any CTD’s in the Alpha/Beta and told them I’ll wait until the sim is ready to re-purchase.

If that doesn’t work you can always try a DISM /RestoreHealth using a Windows 10 .img and then follow by using the System File Checker (SFC) [quote=“PuceYeti252, post:595, topic:130085, full:true”]
hello everybody,

I had the same problem of the beginning of the launch. Microsoft sent me the same message that can be seen in the posts. I took the time to realize each step and got to this stage:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

The system has found errors that it has automatically corrected.
And since the game works whatever the options, planes or other. it’s been 3 days and many flights.

Hoping that it can help some. I hope that microsoft and asobo will quickly manage to satisfy everyone, good flight to all. The game is realy top!
[/quote]

I did the same today and was able to make 2 one hour flights in a row.

1 Like

Great to hear… I have the same thing, I think it is the Arcmouse. Do you get Your PC Does not meet the minimum requirements? message?

It’s a shame we have to slow down our computers to get the game to work. I’ve also got my memory clocked at 3800, I’ll try turning it down and see if that helps.

EDIT: Well, nvm. I guess XMP has been disabled since my last BIOS update so memory has been running at 2100 this whole time.

Got another possible solution, let me know if it works for you.
After my game just crashed 3 times after spawning the aircraft and flying less then 5 min´s, I tried the following:

Open Task Manager -> Go to Details -> Search Flight Sim -> Right Click -> Affinity -> Deactivate Core 0 .
I got the Task Manager in german, hope you can follow in the english version .

Now the flight sim uses all the cores with the box checked and Windows and all the other stuff got its own core to work on.

No crash so far.

I am a computer technician, I repair computers … Your problem seems to come from your pc, either your pc is heating up (processor, GPU) or your memory which does not work well. You should know that this game is the game which currently consumes the most, whether it is CPU but also GPU and memory, and the slightest stability problem will be visible.

Same for the others it is necessary to make stability tests of your pc. check the temperatures and do memory tests with memtest.

1 Like

yes, i used to get crashes a lot before I upped the page filing to 26000 mb

2 Likes

I actually just formatted my rig to move my boot drive and Windows 10 to a brand new 500GB NVME drive. I previously was using the game on a seperate drive from my C: drive so we’ll see if it matters shortly. Currently doing the painstaking download. I highly doubt it’s going to fix all the CTD’s. I think something is fundamentally broken in this program. After spending $850 in hardware upgrades, countless hours troubleshooting, and now wiping the rig clean, I’m starting to think I’m a compete idiot for running down this rabbit hole. I should have just waited 6 months and maybe then they’ll have it figured out.

Throwing in another update, after setting my clock speed of my memory to their default the BIOS wanted on the “auto” setting, which in my case was 2133mhz. I have been flying all day:

Boeing 787-10
KSLC > KSEA 2’11"
KSEA > PANC 4’ 16"

No crashes, I meet/exceed the highest end settings for the ideal config for NVIDIA and running on the highest settings. I received an odd slowdown when on approach to KSEA but otherwise smooth flying. I am currently fueling up at PANC for destination PHNL.

Going to keep flying to see if a crash occurs, but so far so good. If the basic troubleshooting guide given doesn’t help, I would suggest for any overclockers or XMP profile runners to check memory clock speeds.

1 Like

So I did two things and I don’t know which fixed it, but I just completed LAS to LAX, easily double my longest flight time. I put my RAM to the proper clock, it was at 2133 and I bumped it to 3600, and I deleted every C++ file on my computer apart from the one support recommended, found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Ahhhh !

Tu m’as bien fait rire ! You made me laugth !
Bon j’arrête ces bêtises, je vais profiter du week-end et j’attends le patch …

A reply from the support

Good evening…

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get any information for you regarding your specific issue. However, there is good news!

Yesterday Microsoft announced a software patch. The patch is being tested internally in preparation for release and it is expected to drop next week. The patch includes a bunch of installation, stability and an API fix.

A little bit of speculation on my part; once the patch hits, I expect they will start fixing bugs at an increased rate.

Furthermore, one of the community managers posted this news piece today - Upcoming Forum/Feedback Changes . One of the core things discussed was a new and improved user feedback guide to show which issues are being reported and worked on.

I’m sorry I have not been able to get anything of more value for you, I imagine this has been a frustrating week. I’m really hoping I can stumble across you in the skies soon.

3 Likes

My crashes are def related to bluetooth. I have a BT microsoft keyboard and mouse. The keyboard is the culprit here. When flying I’ve found it goes into sleep mode and causes the sim to crash. I’ve switched to a USB keyboard but keeping the BT mouse because I’m moving it throughout a flight and since I’ve done that, I’ve had no crashes. Also, I’ve turned on all the xbox services to “automatic” in Services under “Startup Type”.

It’s unacceptable that a sim of this nature had very little QA before charging us to alpha test for them. Having to go through settings, services, etc., to get a software product to work - after we paid for it- is not acceptable I don’t care which company makes it.

I have a top of the line PC - i9 10th gen 12 core - 32 gigs ram - 2tb ssd - GeForce RTX 2080 TI 11gb - and it’s been nothing but pure frustration trying to get this software to work. Microsoft should be ashamed to release something that’s obviously a fan favorite (I go back to MSFS to 1980’s) in this condition. This should’ve never been released in this state. Heck, there’s some people who STILL after three weeks cannot even download it! Unbelievable.

Has potential I’ll say, but has a loooooooong way to go.

I have wiped the drive clean again, and after reinstalling Win10, I installed FS without applying anything, not even driver updates. It actually started up and I was able to fly without any problems for 3 hours.

Something very tiny must have been causing the crash, I’ll probably never find out. I have a suspicion that the download/decompression MIGHT incur some small corruptions in files that cause the CTD. Just a theory.

conflict with something, we are all use tons of soft, very different hardware, so it’s all expectable, and much water shall gone before all be ok for everybody