Crash to desktop without error message

I just got a CTD, after last update. every time that they update the sim I don´t expect anything good!

4 Likes

Same here, devil is back!

1 Like

Yea- unfortunately it’s really difficult to stay on board. I too feel dread every time they release an update. If it re-introduces an issue it’s going to be a rather long wait until they fix things again (if they’re even aware of issues).

I’m going to do a longer test flight with my GPU clock reduced and see if that works. Still will be disappointing to dial back the clock since it runs 3DMark, Cyberpunk, and a lot of other games very very well with those settings.

3 Likes

I was just going to mention the newest update DOES NOT like my GPU being overclocked even the slightest bit as it’ll CTD even trying to launch a flight. At stock speeds game runs perfectly fine. Weird thing is I’ve NEVER had this issue until the newest update.

2 Likes

For the first time, I am now getting CTDs after the recent update. I can’t find any reason for it, it just happens suddenly during flight. RAM tests fine, all other games playing perfectly.

2 Likes

What does the event viewer show?

… and I will direct comment your created issue thread !!

Same here. Crashing during flights now, never had a problem before.
Event viewer always shows FlightSimulator.exe as the faulting module.
Nothing at all in my community folder.

Same here, I always had a CTD after the loading screen. However, this only happens with large planes like the A320. With the TBM 930 everything is fine. The new Charles de Gaulle landing challenge also worked without problems. Really weird.

Note:

with 1.12.13.0 I noticed a much higher system load. It starts already in main menu, where the taskmanger “Graphics_1” diagramm shows 100% ( strage : not in the earth view ) and while flight I stay allways in 100% GPU load ( again “Graphics_1” engine at a 2080Ti ) ( CPU : 26% ) and not over a city.

This high load can be again the reason that some users run into 00…5 because of hardware issues.
But, we have to check it.

A solution can be:
LIMIT you FPS with e.g. Vsync Setting, but be aware of the Vsync-Bug in MSFS !
Possible, if you know what you do, use nvidia tool to limit the FPS.

PS: we need a fix for that 100% main menu gpu load, possible this is also the reason why some users fails already in the main menu.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.12.13.0, time stamp: 0x5fda3fe4
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x000000000193c4a2
Faulting process ID: 0x1af4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6d8fa86740591
Faulting application path: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: a41b8b90-6186-49fa-8db0-9301defe74c8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

… not that this is of any use I expect.

Welcome to the club

But at this time of the year, I think that until January we are not going to see a hotfix for this…:smirk:

I have no CTD … just notice a higher load… I still not checked all update notes :joy:

1 Like

I got one yesterday, It was at Cancun, I’ll find later today the event viewer to send it to you, to see what could be wrong this time?

is again the 0x00005 or ? these game stress the pc in such a way… of course can also be a bug.

You have ctd again each time, or more rare as former ?

1 Like

I’m not at home right now, and sincerely I was very angry yesterday and I just shut down the flight sim, I will try again today later to see what happened, and post the log of the event viewer to see the reason…
But it was like the others, sound stuttering and closing

A malfunction reported by “error code 0x80000003” may happen due to a number of different factors. The most common causes include incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the system elements, to name a few.
“Error code 0x80000003” is one of the issues that users get as a result of the incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your system elements, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or system element entry.
One of the most common causes is updating drivers without first removing old driver. Cleaning out all old/unused drivers is a good place to start.

EDIT: added link to procedure for removing old drivers

1 Like

Two CTDs from two attempts to fly Leeds to Schiphol. Both when settling into final approach configuration, both without warning and no errors present in event log. In fact, I can find no information that would enable this to be debugged - the game just goes boom. Obviously, I’d normally roll back. Except that I can’t. Sigh.

Any suggestions on how to fault-find this, or even provide something more useful to the developers than “it crashes. this sucks.” in a bug report?

Specs: Ryzen 3600X + RTX 3070 + 32GB 3600MHz RAM, running XMP. No overclock otherwise. System otherwise stable, and indeed I did a 4 hour flight just the night before the latest update was released without issue.

I reliably always have a CTD when I answer “yes” to the “Return to main menu?” question after a normal landing, wilderness flight or landing challenge.