Crashes back to Xbox Series X Desktop

I experienced a lot more random CTD since SU7 !!!

Anyone else ?

Just had a CTD on an 8 hour flight from Cape Town. CTD happened with 300 ft of the runway and I lost the last 2 hours of the flight on logbook. Been having a lot of crashes lately.

the same for me, a lot of CTD and much less FPS fluidity : Xbox serie X, it worked fine before SU7, and since day one

Same here, seems to CTD almost everytime playing. Just since Update 7. If it don’t crash it freezes up and have to do a forced shutdown.

Same here. Prior to su7 1 CTD in 30 hrs of logged flight time. Since su7 15 CTD events in 20 hrs flight time. Although now I was able to download world updates that would fail to download prior to su7. For my use it’s a big price to pay. Also noticed the stuffer that was not there before with complex scenes.

Edit: stutter not stuffer

Still happens … most often on long flights.

1 Like

Please report the extensive CTDs on xbox to ZENDESK.
They need to know about this.

Same hear, every time i load the game to play it CTD after setting up sensitivities and other menu settings due to being reset every time.

Also random freeze while flying, CTD when loading into an airport for a flight.

Gettng frustrating and tbh fed up with all this messing around to play and CTD after 10mins into game.

Yes same here sincé SU7 there is so much more stutter (e-g. Flying the volocopter through New York City is almost impossible have less then 5 (!!) fps) and way more ctd then ever before.

Had a CTD when loading into airport with Volocopter.

Really naffed with this as i want to play but cant. Wish they would acknowledge and state a hot fix is coming.
TBH it is a complete joke and taking the mickey out of the community.

Ever since the last world update. I’ve been getting frequent crashes on my Xbox Series X version. Before it would always work flawlessly.

It starts like this. Game opens up. Game loads. Map loads. Go into the map. Loads the flight. Airport. Take off. Then sometimes, just after take off, other times 10 minutes or so into the flight, the game will just freeze and then crash. I’ve got the Digital version so I dunno why this is happening. All of my other Xbox games on Series X do not crash. Flight Simulator is the only game of my Xbox Series X that does crash. It’s really unusual.

i love the game. and i love it when it works. Sometimes I know it crashes at certain points in the day like in the afternoon or night but during the middle of the day is fine.
Then it goes back to Xbox homescreen. Start it up again and then it works fine. Really weird. Hoping a fix is coming soon.

3 Likes

I’ve had a lot more CTD since SU7, many of them while using the drone

1 Like

It’s similar in my case. sometimes i couldn’t fly for 3 hours because the game kept crashing. I have the assumption that it is due to the weather system. I had turned on live weather. clouds, rain, wind. when I looked around, the game always stalled. if I stopped quickly enough, the game stayed stable. yesterday I had no problem. let’s see how it will be today …

1 Like

Also just started getting CTD after CU7 came out. All my CTD have been happening on descent or on final to runway. So frustrating to go for a full flight just to CTD a few hundred ft from the runway

2 Likes

I too have been experiencing some CTD on Xbox series X.

Seems to happen mainly on some third-party airports when in external view. Third-party airports it seems to occur mostly at: LSZH and UUEE.

Only started after SU7.

1 Like

In the last few days there was calm with the CTDs. It was really fun to fly again. Today the same crxp as before. Sitting in the Cessna 152 change to the outside view, look around and then CTD. I didn’t start the SIM either. So it’s no longer fun, CTD, non-working planes etc. Like a 3rd class software company with a banana product. It matures with the customer. Unfortunately, there is no learning from the past.

I find that the game will crash to desktop on my Series X 50% of the time when I pause the game for a toilet break and resume. The game will start stuttering and the CTD.
I will sit on a bucket whilst playing so I don’t need to pause the game if nature calls and will see if this makes a difference.

1 Like

Been flying with the new Beta and so far no crashes, been solid

Unfortunately the beta has had no positive effect for me….CTD’s occurring quite frequently. I have a feeling a lot of this relates to DLC / compatibility vs the base game. Still getting CTD upon spooling on cold and dark start, as well as final approaches. This is all re-creatable on the beta release

1 Like