CTD after latest update (Update #5)

FIXED WITHOUT REINSTALL, but still a PITA. (MS Store Version…Can’t comment on steam)

1. Goto c:/users/(username)/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe/SystemAppData/wgs folder
  2. There should be two folders there, one called “t” and the other with a huge alphanumeric name like 000901F6… Open that one.
  3. Under that folder, there are a bunch of other Alpha Numeric (ie 69D9FE4C2AB94940B11A4D26A23A9561) name folders. Open each one, and you’ll find a container. file, and then another “file” with another huge alpha numeric name (i.e. A1036E4CDAAB21882AD5630E81466F). Open that file up with NOTEPAD or NOTEPAD ++. If you get nothing but screen barf, exit out and go to the next folder. Don’t touch that folder.
  4. Go to the next numbered folder and continue opening the alpha numeric files. As you go through these folders, some of those alpha numeric files will contain your controller data that’s easily readable… If you find one, exit the editor and delete the folder it’s in.
  5. Delete all the folders that reveal they belong to a controller until the only thing left are Number folders with alpha numeric files that can’t be read.
  6. Restart Flight sim. All your previous profiles will be gone, but now you can plug in peripherals and use the DEFAULT profile. You can EDIT the default profile and save it, as long as it has at least ONE assignment, If you try to save an empty profile it will crash. (will update as I experiment further)

Like I said, huge PITA, and you have to careful, but it beats a complete reinstall.

10 Likes