CTD at game launch after WU5 - PC Version Deluxe Steam

:roll_eyes:

the application do what I expected. Because we removed the setting files it ask you to switch to the new safe mode question. Then of course we have to redo all basic settings.

But that the app still crash at 80% mean, that the reason is may be not your settings in cloud.
( except of the Dev-Mode, this we no longer see :slight_smile: )

I assume the issue is what other users report too " these Crash at 80% ". Under main suspension is still accounting stuff, but… on other side we are “behind the login”. But… hmmm… have you tools like “Capture One” installed ? You can try a trick which other users helped: you can try to kill the Explorer in Task-Manager and try to start the Game.

Warn: You must start the explorer then manually after the game quits , with help of taskmanger:

Also a note: do you use the NordVPN or others ?.. some users reported issues…

Otherwise I run slowly out of ideas.

A small hint to lower the start-time of the game ( in special if lot test-starts done ) I have: use the -FastLaunch option : Steam - Game Properties - Generall - StartOptions

PS.: change the heading of your topic to english, then possible other users will join into the topic

one additional point …

can you also check the windows event viewer about the error message ?

Note: I modified the topic title to be in english.

Thanks ITDreamFly.

1 Like

Hello.
No active VPN.
What should we look for in the Windows event viewer

with a bit luck, we get a more detailed info why it crashs ( not often, but sometime )

Just searching for the ERRORs related to Flightsimulator and post the message from General-Tab EXAMPLE

I also tried to check what the app do near that 80%, in online-mode … it loads some online data. So also recheck that all anti-vir, firewalls, etc. are stopped for the test… its a guess, but who knows.

I have a MSFS error message. But I am unable to interpret it and even less to correct it!

hmmm… Unfortunately only the common error ( 0xc0000005 ) with no addtional infos…

For the moment… hmmm… not sure what we can addtional try… did you tried the “explorer kill trick” already ?

yesterday I also remember one case where the MSFS-Content was installed in same folder as the Steam-Application(lib) ( F:\SteamLib… in your case ). You did same or let you install the content ( these what the Game installer installs) in default location ( %AppData%\Micro… ) ? Also, as you deinstalled MSFS, did you also removed (manualy !) the folders which are left in %AppData%\Mic… ?

I have on my F :

• a SteamLibrary folder with a steamapps/common/MicrosoftFlightSimulator subfolder
  • an MSFS folder with two subfolders Community (empty for the moment) and Official/Steam containing the MSFS aircraft

I also have on my C system disk a MicrosoftFlightSimulator C:\Users\Utiliser\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator… folder with an empty packages subfolder.

Francois,
I have an IDENTICAL CTD like you! When I read your problem, it was like you were describing my CTD…it is the same CTD issue. Same point and same effect of sound stopping and then CTD.

I have tried clean re-installs etc, etc but nothing worked.
If someone can figure this out, it would be out of the world :slight_smile:

Appealing to all the experts…guys, if Francois and I have identical CTD’s at exactly the same point (compare our screenshots), doesn’t it prove that this issue has been created due to the software update and not our PC hardware???.

Look at both our cases:

• Identical CTD’s at the same loading Slide.
  • Identical CTD’s happening at the same point (around 80% of the NEW ACTIVITIES SLIDE).
  • Identical audio stopping point, before the CTD’s.
  • Both cases had no problem with FS2020 before WU 05!
  • Both have the 0xc0000005 error in the event viewer.

Both our PC’s are unrelated, and in different parts of the world. If we are facing the same issue we would naturally require the same solution to get this sorted out :slight_smile:

count me in guys, very very same thing here. never had a single crash to desktop, until the last update. now like yours.

Hi Daniel,

Please add your VOTE (top left), so that anyone with this “EXACT” situation can be heard.

An lets hope we get more people who have this error so that we can get support and the issue is fixed :slight_smile:

hey hellas, i did vote, in fact i was number 1 :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Excellent! Lets hope others follow, so that this issue can be noticed and fixed…and we can start flying!

@frpdm29 hmmm… these folders looks good and I see no isse here…
( “packages” in %AppData% should be empty ).

now, we search exactly here whats the reason is…

We have existing reports in forum about these 80% issue where the known solution for that was the relogin in xbox / and/or install these xbox app ( so far I remember ).

If that not helps, may be we find some common things for all affected users.
That there are sometime realy strange reasons possible, show us the case with e.g. these “Capture One” tool… realy hard to find.

And not forget realy check the sound-drivers. Sound-drivers are a know comon horror-story… must not the reason ( and I assume its not the reason for the 80% issue ) , but should allways checked :slight_smile: A test can also be: - disable in windows services the “windows audio service” an start the game.

I’m looking at the Xbox app that I uninstalled and am trying to reinstall. I got the XboxInstaller.exe here :

But the installation seems incomplete. Some elements are missing and if I go to “settings” I have a partially black screen that is difficult to use.
See attached video) https://we.tl/t-mN5Y6Eax8C

Hello @frpdm29 .

I would recommend not downloading it from a website, but installing the app by using the Microsoft store that is available on Windows 10.

Same result with the application downloaded from the Microsoft store

1 Like

as mentioned, I only have the older “Xbox Console Companion” App installed , over ms-store-app. I still not yet “upgraded” to the newer xbox app.

The french error messages are realy hard to read for me… I assume it means “some dependency is missing” … these flicker is also bit strange.
I would recommend to execute a “sfc /scannow” and “Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth”.
Also ensure all windows updates are installed…

May be there is a relation of these problem and the msfs issue, who knows…

note: seems there exists also some yt videos which sounds similiar, e.g. Fix Xbox App Shows Dependencies Missing For Gaming and Many More Services Windows 10 - YouTube

Also a question: have you un-installed the xbox-game-bar manually ?